Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearing sandles or flipflops

Wearing sandles or flipflops

Lets get this out of the way, I have big feet, mens 12 1/2-13, I can squeeze these puppys into a size 8 boot, or a size 9-10 other shoes womens. But my other shoe choices are limited at the moment and I plan on going out this weekend for the first time and would rather not stick out more than needed. I would just like to know if you think the differences in mens and womens feet are insurmountable and I shouldn't try sandles or not. I'll show a few pics I took for a visual. Just look at those clean legs, I will be cleaning them up a bit though moisturizer probably paint the nails, all that

Looks okay to me Jos. I had previously been to the pool at the Rainbow Mountain resort near me as my femme self. Trust me, nobody was looking at my feet.In any case, I must be some kinda oddball as I wear the same size in a woman's shoe as a man's 9M. I've been into a couple of friendly arguments with some of my friends over this. Hey, what works, works, ya know?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Get a pedicure and have them put some nice polish on those toes with a design on the big toe and I guarantee that your feet will look so girly no one will notice the size. BTW wearing flips and flats help us girls pass the height department and they are so comfy to wear. I now have more than ten pairs of flats and 6 pairs of sandals. Just love the ones with ornaments on the instep.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Toe rings - if you can find them in a size that fits - just ordered three more today! I wear a 10 (men's) or 11 (woman's) shoe and a size 7 toe rings fits my middle toe.
    Just a thought.
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Feet are like snowflakes. No two are really alike. I have seen some pretty ugly feet in my time (men and women's). I have seen some very cute feet also. Oh how I wish I was a size 7 I think you are fine wearing he flip flops.

What I don't get is how you can get into a size 9 women's when you wear a 12 men's. I need 11-12 women's and I wear a 9-10 men's. You must be a magician or have a very high tolerance for pain
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Your feet look fine, add some nail polish and I think you'll be impressed.

As a side note, I wear ballet pumps they're so comfy. Can be worn casually or a little more dressy. What I like about these they're flat and closed in but very breezy. I take a size 9.5 - 10US women - my feet aren't overly large. Anyways, I like them cause they give me a little extra feminine softness. I used to wear flip flops with leggings but now it's the ballet pumps. If I wear open sandles there strappy numbers with a heel.
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

My male side has a foot fetish and he thinks you have beautiful feet, so go for it. Pedicure and get sexy with the polish. Wear shoes that fit, the more you show off your feet the less self conscious you will be. Have a great night!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    Feet are like snowflakes. No two are really alike. I have seen some pretty ugly feet in my time (men and women's). I have seen some very cute feet also. Oh how I wish I was a size 7 I think you are fine wearing he flip flops.

What I don't get is how you can get into a size 9 women's when you wear a 12 men's. I need 11-12 women's and I wear a 9-10 men's. You must be a magician or have a very high tolerance for pain
    I agree with Lorileah, it does not matter the gender or size. The big thing (no pun intended) is to take care of them: a little moisturizer goes a long way, along with keep your nails trimmed and clean. Neither of these seem to be problems in your department so I say go for it!

Platinum Member
    The flipflos look fine. I dont have any problem finding cute womens shoes and slides. Try Zappos or 6 pm. Many of their womens sizes are available up to size 13 and 14. I usually wear a women's 13 and I have a size 12. Its much better to get the right size than hurting your feet!

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post

Magician, no my feet have been trained from years of walking on my gravel driveway, it hurts but its tollerable, I stick with these sizes because thats what my family wears and since I've never purchased any clothes on my own yet its what I have to deal with, I love my size 8 uggs though they're so soft it doesn't matter what size they are

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Joslyn View Post
    I love my size 8 uggs though they're so soft it doesn't matter what size they are
    Oh I adore my Uggs, got them on now. Mind you, sporting dark red nail polish...lol
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    I wear a men's 13 (women's 14/15) and there are plenty of nice heels out there for us big-footed gals, if you know where to look. Try www.barefoottess.com, www.zappos.com, www.endless.com -- try eBay, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Star View Post
    Oh I adore my Uggs, got them on now. Mind you, sporting dark red nail polish...lol
    So do you think they're ok in warmer weather? I've seen them in warmer weather and some people say its a horrible idea, so I don't know I just know they look good either way

So do you think they're ok in warmer weather? I've seen them in warmer weather and some people say its a horrible idea, so I don't know I just know they look good either way
    I'm in Australia so it's almost winter here

I have seen gg's wearing uggs with jeans - imo like all things it depends on what else is worn. But it can look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Star View Post
    I'm in Australia so it's almost winter here

I have seen gg's wearing uggs with jeans - imo like all things it depends on what else is worn. But it can look good.
    Ah you guys and your upside down seasons lol I love australia used to speak frequently to a girl down there, I'll have to see how it looks and if I'm confortable with that but for now they'll stay in till the colder months I suppose, thanks

i find that most CD'ers with more masculine feet look a lot more feminine with painted nails it can make a dramatic differences.

Miriam
    You don't need to suffer in undersized shoes, and it's really not feasible if you want to spend much time dressed. As Julie indicated, there are women's shoes out there for those of us with oversized feet, many of them pretty nice looking. In addition to the sites she indicated, check out onestopplus.com.

Miriam

Those flip flops are cute! I love sandals, because I have big feet and they're easy. Plus they let me show off my painted toes.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Go for the sandals/flipflops. In addition to the other suggestions, pick up some cheap ankle bracelets somewhere. Between those, the nails done, and the toe rings, you'll have lovely peds.

Additional food for thought: not even all GGs have perfect feet, and some are more less than perfect than others if you get my drift. Case in point: my wife's second toe sticks out way beyond her big toe! Yours look normal as far as I can see and will look great dolled up. Please let us know how the weekend outing goes!
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Maybe it's just me but IMHO flip flops are the bane of our society. I absolutely HATE them no matter who is wearing them. They just scram "no class" to me. Just my opinion as I said.

Magician, no my feet have been trained from years of walking on my gravel driveway, it hurts but its tollerable, I stick with these sizes because thats what my family wears and since I've never purchased any clothes on my own yet its what I have to deal with, I love my size 8 uggs though they're so soft it doesn't matter what size they are
    If you love that size 8 woman in your life, please stop wearing her shoes!!!!! You are pulling them out of shape and wrecking them. Shoes hat a tendency to shape to the wearer's foot, they are not something you can easily share. Even two people with the same size feet walk differently and wear their shoes out differently... You are doing your feet no favours, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    If you love that size 8 woman in your life, please stop wearing her shoes!!!!! You are pulling them out of shape and wrecking them. Shoes hat a tendency to shape to the wearer's foot, they are not something you can easily share. Even two people with the same size feet walk differently and wear their shoes out differently... You are doing your feet no favours, either.
    Oh please don't think I'm doing that, the stuff I have is simply shoes that have resided in a closet or trunk for many years and will never be worn again, I would never do anything to damage anothers property and make sure the few pairs I have have been in solitude and forgotten long ago, and if its any consilation, I'm not to fond of my mother its a long story and I'd rather not bring down a nice day with a depressing life story but if your really interested I posted it around here not too long ago.
    Last edited by Simply Joslyn; 05-17-2012 at 09:47 PM.

I guess you've also figured out how to fit 10 gallons of water into a 1 gallon container? C'mon....you want me to believe that your size 13 male foot will fit into a size 9 or 10 womans shoe? B.S.

I guess you've also figured out how to fit 10 gallons of water into a 1 gallon container? C'mon....you want me to believe that your size 13 male foot will fit into a size 9 or 10 womans shoe? B.S.
    hehe its true, I hope seeing is believing, and these aren't even that uncomfortable and I can even walk in them, I even have more if you'd like. Now about the water if you can tell me where to buy some extra gravity we'll try to work something out

OK you win, although I can't understand why you want to stuff your foot into a shoe thats obviously too small for you.