Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wearing sandles or flipflops

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm sorry, Joslyn! I have to agree with Heather! Just because u can get into one pair of ladies size 9 shoes DOESN'T prove you're a men's size 12 1/2-13! I'm a men's 9 1/2 medium. And, I can occasionally squeeze into a ladies size 10 shoe. But, NOT comfortably and NOTHING smaller!

And, one more thing; Ughs r NOT boots! At best they're apre snow boots and, at worst, house slippers! There's a REASON they're called Ughs! (NOT a typo!)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I'm sorry, Joslyn! I have to agree with Heather! Just because u can get into one pair of ladies size 9 shoes DOESN'T prove you're a men's size 12 1/2-13! I'm a men's 9 1/2 medium. And, I can occasionally squeeze into a ladies size 10 shoe. But, NOT comfortably and NOTHING smaller!

And, one more thing; Ughs r NOT boots! At best they're apre snow boots and, at worst, house slippers! There's a REASON they're called Ughs! (NOT a typo!)
    lol well you have me there I thought it might come up so I tried to get a pic of the tags on my mens but its too small for the camera to pic up I'll try to find my work boots when I have the chance although I dought a ten could match my height. I just called them what I thought they were sorry bout that

OK you win, although I can't understand why you want to stuff your foot into a shoe thats obviously too small for you.
    Its not really a choice, but since I don't shop yet its a little hard to get womans shoes that fit right, maybe I'll try to find a proper size next weekend when I go out, I just try to work with what I have for now though

I understand what your both saying, its unusual I know I'm not sure why it works out that way but I'm also a very flexible person whos double jointed in many places including my toes, I can stack my pinky toes over the ones next to them without touching them but I've never had to do it to fit into heels, I'm sorry though I hope you just don't think I would say that to make myself sound better or something along those lines
    Last edited by Simply Joslyn; 05-18-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Joslyn, I never intended to turn this into a foot size debate. For that I apologise. Being that you said you were 6' 5"....... I'm sure that your male shoe size is in accordance with your height. It's all good.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I apologize, too, Joslyn! If it sounded like I was criticizing u! It just sounds so UNLIKELY that u can fit into shoes I CAN'T!!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wear a 9/10 in women's shoes and sometimes my feet look like I'm wearing the box instead of the shoes!

That being said I think flip flops can be adorable. BUT when they are dirty or worn and flat, throw them out, IMO that makes them look cheap. That and I would never waer the cheapy plastic ones of course.

Joslyn you have beautiful feet and with painted toes they will look as girly as my big feet!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I apologize, too, Joslyn! If it sounded like I was criticizing u! It just sounds so UNLIKELY that u can fit into shoes I CAN'T!!
    Joslyn, I never intended to turn this into a foot size debate. For that I apologise. Being that you said you were 6' 5"....... I'm sure that your male shoe size is in accordance with your height. It's all good.
    Oh you two don't need to apologize no harm done, I feel kinda bad like I dragged that out of you, but I understand I'm as skeptical as the next person when I see something I don't believe

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Joslyn View Post
    Oh please don't think I'm doing that, the stuff I have is simply shoes that have resided in a closet or trunk for many years and will never be worn again, I would never do anything to damage anothers property and make sure the few pairs I have have been in solitude and forgotten long ago, and if its any consilation, I'm not to fond of my mother its a long story and I'd rather not bring down a nice day with a depressing life story but if your really interested I posted it around here not too long ago.
    That makes me feel a little better... But I am still worried about the damage you're doing right now to your feet by stuffing them into too-small shoes and walking around! Why don't you try posting a thread on here asking for an older CDer to help you out?

Gold Member
    I am going to agree that even if you can stuff your foot like that doesn't mean that you should. Somewhere in the northern New Jersey area is a Podiatrist shopping for a new Mercedes..... Please get shoes that fit well and don't hurt your feet. It is hard enough doing that while looking at the correct sizes.

Banned Read only
    My wife says every time a woman gives birth to a child her feet grow a half inch. I must have had eight kids. My feet look terrible. Impossible to rid one particular toe of that dreaded toe fungus. I have to stay with dark hosiery and pretty dresses that draw attention away from feet and face. I guess I'm saying I pass from my shoulders to my ankles; 90% passable!

Definitely go with sandals of some sort. As others have said, put some color on your toenails and your feet will be totally girly.

For some more choices in sandals, check out Designer Shoes and also Barefoot Tess, excellent shoe sources for those of us with larger feet, both go to size 15.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

thanks all for the concern I'll start heading your advice can't screw these lovelys up and not be able to walk (one of my worst fears), oh so much to buy and so little dough

Weeee! Just got my new toe rings in the mail AND I bought s nice pair of lady's flip-flops (they have about an inch of heel...) at K-Mart today. They look great along side my painted toes!
    Mina Lost aka Lynda

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelasfun View Post
    Go for the sandals/flipflops. In addition to the other suggestions, pick up some cheap ankle bracelets somewhere. Between those, the nails done, and the toe rings, you'll have lovely peds.

Additional food for thought: not even all GGs have perfect feet, and some are more less than perfect than others if you get my drift. Case in point: my wife's second toe sticks out way beyond her big toe! Yours look normal as far as I can see and will look great dolled up. Please let us know how the weekend outing goes!
    I hope you don't make your wife feel uncomfortable over her genetically driven skeletal structure!

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    No, absolutely not. I only put that out there as one example of one particular body part that doesn't "conform" on a GG to reassure Joslyn that there's a wide diversity of types of feet on everybody and that hers are normal by comparison. (Also I know better not to throw stones when I'm in my own glass house lol)
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush