Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you act like a woman?

I'm not talking about putting on an "act". I'm asking if you feel you act like a woman when en femme and do you think others make that assumption based on observation?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney_Glenn View Post
    ....I act like me
    Me too .. and if I use more "feminine mannerisms" when I'm out and about, it's just natural and happens. Goes with my general sense of completeness when i'm dressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I now live mainly as a girl these past six months and have no plan on changeing. I feel that my masnnerisms have become more enfemme over time. The other day I was so amazed when I walked out of a shop in the downtown area, a truck full of younger red necks drove by and one leaned out the window and wolf wishiled at me and then said how nice I looked, it really boosted my confidence level. It tells me I'm very much at the point where I have been striveing for so long, a comfort level with myself and my presentation

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.
    Good use of context Kate.

Do WE feel it is an act when we are dressed might be a good variable on the question.

I am sure it isn't an 'act' for me, but, I must remain realistic, being only recently introduced to Leslie, I am sure he's managed to condition this body to mangle things in a lot of ways I just won't 'see' as being contradictory to what I wish to be the case.

The arms thing for instance, I have never really kept track of this.
    I am sure I sit all wrong.
    Comically, I have been finding my speech doesn't sit well with me a bit more so. Clean it up Leslie, you're too vulgar, too rude, and you sure ain't up to the standards of my idea of the perfect woman (mom). The swearing has to go (I don't care how much modern young girls swear, I was brought up in a different time).

I have also noticed I get more annoyed with the over the top idiotic fan service in more recent years anime. Coooooome on, really? you think that is genuinely needed in this particular anime? It was doing fine till that scene.

yes when dressed, i automatically act like a woman, and my wife who is the only one who has seen me completely dressed thinks i am natural and treats me like a woman

Only when Im dressed,

Although I have not been out enfemme in public yet, I try while I am dressed to have mannerisms like that of women I have observed, but I am not a good actress and so am probably over emphasising them. I would like to get to a stage where I am very comfortable and able to act like a woman. I think I would be more likely to pass as a woman by having better feminine traits and mannerisms in walking in heels (arm movements and holding bags and purses), how to sit, get in/out of a car, and perusing the shops. I must admit I am maybe being over hard on myself but when I do go out enfemme for the first time (I envisage a shopping mall), I want to blend is as best I can and acting like a woman is key in my mind.

I try to be as feminine as I can.. a tough call!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

I become extremely self conscious when I try to act or play a role whether it is the male role or the female role and this self consciousness builds into anxiety and if I'm not careful a full blown panic attack so I can not be any other way than I am or I become nervous.

I walk differently in heels than hiking boots because the heels require it, I sit differently in a skirt than pants because the skirt requires it. I avoid touching my face when wearing makeup because the makeup requires it.

I'm careful talking to others unless I'm confident they know I'm not female and I do not sense they have a problem with that.

In general I do not act like women because women tend to be more vocal and dramatic than I am. My movements and voice are naturally subdued and the few women I meet that do act like me are usually much older than I am and there is a solid self assured quietness about them.

I personally have no interest in acting like a woman but I do enjoy doing many of the things they traditionally do and I certainly prefer looking like one over not looking like one.

i have always feel ( all my life pretty much ) that i am a woman. So my "mannerism" has all ways shown some female tendencies.
    now that i am "out" ( thanks to my SO ) i am just "me".
    the "dressed up" thing is GREAT, but it dosen't change what is inside.

I'm pretty sure i pull it off both ways. Sometimes, i want to be dressed and act feminine, but i'm not feeling girly- i probably come of more as tom boy. I'm sure i could be read by some on these days too. I find this especially when i'm not feeling comfortable - maybe my makeup isn't right, or my clothes don't fit correctly. it makes me a little conscience of the need to play the part. other times, especially if everything is just right, i'm completely comfortable and being a woman through my mannerisms and actiosn doesn't even take any thought. i've read some posts here about being "interpreted" as gay when in drab. and this happens often for me... so i probably fall under androgynous in my mannerisms.
    when in doubt, smile

The facial expressions are so very hard to copy...being expressive in a way that matches the words..lol I find that I really have to loosen up to do that easily. One of the dead giveaways,I think

When out and about as Nicole I am a woman in looks, thoughts and spirit. So by default I act as a woman would under the same situations. It has all become so second nature to me that I really don't even think about it anymore.

Some times I feel the woman over take the man even in male mode. It can be rather unsettling.

I just reciently told by a life long friend that I came out to, that I have always had very female hand gestures, so he wasnt surprised with the news at all.

- April
    "It's not what you look at that matters, its what you see" - Thoreau

Well, my wife claims that I'm more feminine acting than other men. Hard for me to tell though unless I was to watch a video I guess!

I don't go out dressed and only a very few people know I dress at home. But recently we have gone to a few outings and a wedding. Pictures started to show up and when I saw myself, I couldn't believe it. I always came off sitting very feminine, It's hard to explain, but if you super imposed a womans head on the pic, you would think its a girl. I'm not doing this on purpose and I wonder if anyone else notices?

With respect to this particular posting

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney_Glenn View Post
    ....I act like me
    ....I'm really not sure there is any better way to say it

The more fem I can be, the better I feel!

Quote Originally Posted by GiannaD View Post
    The more fem I can be, the better I feel!
    Same here Gianna, I just love being dressed as a woman.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Ah, now you have touched the bain of my existence!!!

Some things are easier than others. There are so many details to try to assimilate. Ok, I walk very well in heels and in general my body motions tend toward the feminine side. Those little details of not standing with feet parallel I've prettey much got down! Pretty much a success there!

The voice is not bad at all. Then language is still a work in progress. After 50+ years of only male talk, it's been harder to assimilate the change in word usage, but I'm getting there.

The problem comes in when I have to have a real conversation. What do we talk about? How do we compliment each other, or just interact. The difficulties here are compounded if I don't happen to have all the confidence in the world at any one moment and start closing down, not talking as I normally should. Women make more eye contact, smile more, and are free with compliments. It's the conversational area that I am not yet comfortable with. Just need more practice!

tina

Since I swap back and forth I still have.to think about some movements. But yes, I do try to emulate the whole package. My wife sometimes says that some of Sally's facial expressions will occur in male mode. She can't describe what there are exactly but doesn't like the look!
    Sally

A neighbors friend thought I was gay. She thought i walked funny in my tight jeans. Sometimes I have to think how I'm walking when in male mode.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

It is improtant to me to act like a woman as much as I can when relating to others crossdressed... it's the only authentic way that
    I feel I should present myself.... It feels so right.
    --------
    Love your woman within...

Know thy self -- Be your true self......

I've always had female mannerisms, but I've always been me, a girl. Growing up I was always teased and tortured, kids thought I was gay. Oh well, I was being me then and am still being me.
    [SIZE="3"]
    Hugs,
    Cassie

In the great words of Popeye: "I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam,"
    [/SIZE]