Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you act like a woman?

its happned sometimes hehehe

I guess I try to act like a lady, but since I'm always alone when dressed I don't put a lot of thought into it. Oddly enough, friends have often said that I'm the wife in our relationship since my wife if much more reserved and less gregarious and I'm often found chatting with the girls. Maybe I do act more like a woman than I realize Oh well, I'm comfortable with it.

Hmm. At the risk of annoying people with my usual 'middle of the road' approach, I've got to ask, what is "acting like a woman", exactly?

From my perspective there are people who eat with their mouths open and others who eat with their mouths closed; people who grip their knives & forks like shovels, and others who extend their index fingers on the handles; people who stomp when they walk, and others who walk in a non-descriptive manner; people who splay their legs open when they sit, and others who don't; people who walk around with growls on their faces, and others who don't.

In other words, there are extremes in behaviors: the apish, loutish, rude, and unkempt behaviors one usually associates with men, and the ultra girly-girl, giggly, hip-swaying, eye-lash fluttering, hair tossing behaviors one usually associates with women, with a whole lot of behavior that is in between for both men and women.

My SO does not give the impression she is a male when she is dressed, yet in guy mode he eats, walks, sits, etc the same way but he's not effeminate either. I tried to walk like a guy once. It was so exaggerated, it looked comical even though I wasn't trying to make a joke of it. If I ever decide to present as a guy, I'll just walk the way I walk normally and I'm sure I'll be a lot more convincing than if I try the stereotypical approach.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.
    I'm not sure it is all that important how I act in some small amount. I often feel like my friends never take me seriously at all ever.

I've lived a life of being on extreme ends of the spectrum with too many things.

I have never been normal in my life.