Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The urge to disclose is getting stronger....

I wish you luck in your endevers. I'm tired of hiding myself too. This year I've pushed the boundaries of what I wear. Nobody really asks me about the elephant in the room. Last year was the beginning with being shaved all the time and then it was panties added and usually the female pants and shorts and tanks. This year the pants, shorts and tops are even more colorful. I have had toenails painted 24/7 since january and even walk around with them barefooted. I do want to talk about it but it seems okay to my wife to be that way but talking about it seems to hit a nerve. Seems we have hit a happy medium, but the pink fog wants more. All I got to say is be happy with yourself and choose wisely who you tell.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

i have been there

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Renee View Post
    I am feeling an overwhelming need to tell someone in my life about my whole deal. Disclosure is inevitable. I am starting to get out a bit, I have started shaving everything (not just in the winter)and I filter my manerisms much less than before. I'm pretty sure people are starting to wonder what's up with me. I have recieved several comments about how "different" I have seemed lately (in a good way), which took me by surprise. I have been much happier and more relaxed in recent months as I have taken small steps out of the closet. For the first time in my life, I'm feeling in tune. I would love to explain to the people who mean the most to me why I have been feeling so good about myself, and life in general. I want to describe the positive impact all of this is having on me, yet the thought of coming out is more scary than going out for the first time. Once it's out there, it's out there and that bell can't be un-rung.

I don't really care what the general public thinks anymore but the opinions of the people close to me do matter. That being the case, the majority of the people in my life, from friends, to family, to business partners are all pretty open-minded folks. I am fairly confident that things wouldn't change too much if I came out. Still, fear of the unknown is very real. I believe I have decided who to tell first. Her reaction should be representative of the reactions I get from others in my circle. I feel like they will all find out eventually anyway. I'd rather be the one they hear it from. It just feels like the right thing to do and the right time to do it. Sort of. Now to work up the courage to have that conversation.

I guess I'm just thinking "out loud" here. Thank you for indulging me.
    i was the same for years i hid my cross dressing from most people, i had told my ex wife when we first started going out as i did not feel it right to hide it from her in the end she said she was ok with it and we were married for 24 years during that time she use to encourage me to dress as she new how much i liked it, once when we lived in Germany i came home form work (i was in the army) to find out she had threw away all my underwear and replaced them with panties and camisoles which i was scared about at the time but got use to then just before our 24th wedding anniversary she told me she was leaving me for some one else and it was due to the way I dressed which was very hard for me due to the way she had been about it but life goes on that was 10 years ago since then i have lived out in the Caribbean on a sail boat where i have dressed the way i want and not had any problems with any one. at the moment i have been back in England for 3 weeks and i am staying with my ex and her husband (we are all friends) and as she spends quite a lot of away i get to dress the way i want to she has told me she is not bothered how I dress when she is not here so i have been out and about wearing skirts etc and do not try to hide it i do not thy to pass as a woman, just a man in a skirt i have been mistaken many times as a woman but i normally always tell people i am male i just went out and had my nails extended at a local beauty salon and asked if they get many men having their nails done and was told i was the first one i went dressed in a long navy blue linen skirt burnt orange linen blouse and open tow beige sandals with a 2 inch heal after the appointment i went on into town and go no reaction from anyone.

i have decided i don't care who sees me if they have a problem with it it is their problem not mine, i am lucky in that i do not work so have no job to loose if you are still working then you must take this into account as it could be hard for you to get another one once everyone knows how you dress but i wish you luck it is only by people like you and me going out wearing what we want to not what other people want us to that it will be acceptable for men to dress the way they want to.

regards Paulie
    was Susie Paul
    just wear what you like and like what you wear

Banned Read only
    Rachel,

I think all of us who have outed ourselves to any degree go through the same thing. It gets to whatever point for every individual and you have to come out pressing past the fear of humiliation, shame, whatever. When I told my wife, my life changed, for the better.