Thread: The spice of life

Complex Lolita...

The spice of life

[SIZE="2"]“Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale her infinite variety.” (Shakespeare)
    “I’d just gotten out of the ministry, and I wanted to taste it ALL!” (Sam Kinison)

I was in Wal-Mart the other day – no, not to shop for clothes! It was just a normal hunting and gathering expedition, and, as I got ready to leave the premises I found myself looking at the “AS SEEN ON TV” shelves, conveniently located near the rest rooms. On the lowest shelf, just about hidden from view, was some sort of plastic spice rack, designed to store ALL of your spices in as little space as possible, neatly contained, and ready for action (if any “action” is forthcoming, that is). As soon as I saw this thing I thought about the paradox right before my eyes – people, even Midwesterners, want their food to be full of flavor, to the point of hoarding spices in an effort to enhance their drab vittles, but what about their lives?

No doubt about it, drabness surrounds me. On the other hand, here I am, a living example of zest, piquancy, and relish, injecting my life with an interesting “thing” like MtF crossdressing, much like a chef uses spices to liven things up. A little dash of lipstick, panties, and cute shoes, and I’ve heightened everything for the better! I’ve made life much more entertaining, pleasant, and stimulating, simply by using my imagination. You don’t have to go to DUNE for spice – it’s within arm’s reach, just like that little bottle of thyme that’s gathering dust on yonder shelf...

Of course, a REAL chef uses fresh ingredients, and dried spices aren’t worth bothering with. I find it interesting that spices are contained this way, by the average consumer, and kept out of sight like forbidden substances. In a similar manner, all deviant urges we may entertain are subsumed, submerged, subjugated, and subliminal. We don’t dare to try things, or add spice to our “normal” lives, and this reticence can have serious consequences. Meanwhile, all people would agree that flavor is essential for increased enjoyment, wouldn’t you say?

In the case of the individual who has the courage to crossdress, i.e. a male who dresses as a female, he is adding unmistakable flavor to his drab existence – if you use the analogy of adding spices to the food we eat, I think MtF crossdressing can be successfully explained in this manner. Indeed, I don’t believe there is any societal, political, or religious dogma that condemns the idea of “flavoring.” Some may protest, seeing ALL forms of hedonistic pleasure as excessive, unwise, or even sinful, but how can one be truly “spirited” if you don’t at least try to make things interesting?

I find it telling that people keep their spices in little bottles, neatly organized like some sort of demented paint box, and the containment and organization of same is more important than the use or experimentation one COULD be doing. Back in prehistoric times, when I was in art school, I made a little diagram of all the colors in my paint box, and I had MANY strange colors back then, way more than I needed. My painting teacher looked at my diagram, and then he looked at the dull painting I was working on. He then turned to me and said, with a straight face, “I don’t see these colors in your painting...” Much like the average consumer, I had the spices, but I didn’t make use of them. I have since ended my flavor-less imprisonment, and I use all the colors I have, even if they are seen as “wrong” by someone else’s standards...

Variety is indeed the spice of life, which means you should try many different kinds of experiences - trying different things keeps life (a zero-sum game) worth living. In this context, crossdressing qualifies as a VERY different kind of experience, but please don’t keep it bottled up...
    [/SIZE]

Frederique, you do have a way of getting to the "meat" of the matter. This forum has a lot of Ladies that bring many different tastes to the table.

I want to thank everyone for expanding my palette, and helping me to become a everything I can be in life. "BAM"

I was in Wal-Mart the other day – no, not to shop for clothes!
    They have other stuff there? Besides makeup, I mean?

I’ve made life much more entertaining, pleasant, and stimulating, simply by using my imagination. You don’t have to go to DUNE for spice – it’s within arm’s reach, just like that little bottle of thyme that’s gathering dust on yonder shelf...
    You know, for many years, I never made the connection between ‘spice’ as referred to in sci fi stories as am analog for drugs. Just call me ‘Oblivious Newton-John… I guess.

would agree that flavor is essential for increased enjoyment, wouldn’t you say?
    Yeah, but that’s food- not covered the religious texts, unless you are Jewish, I guess.

Indeed, I don’t believe there is any societal, political, or religious dogma that condemns the idea of “flavoring.”

Heathen. J You are guilty of using the brain you have been given to commit the sin of (unapproved) analogy. How dare you think you have the right to use your own God-given brain? Just don’t get it do you? J

the dull painting I was working on. He then turned to me and said, with a straight face, “I don’t see these colors in your painting...” Much like the average consumer, I had the spices, but I didn’t
    Too much blue? No artist ever did that… (or Rose). Nah, no real artist does anything new or inventive.
    Like that fool who tried that thing called ‘pointillism’, yeah like anyone would pay anything for that mess of dots.. what fool would ever consider that as art?

I know Frederique has a sense of irony, I hope everyone else can sense it too.

Not terribly creative, but I did just ride 100 km with no male clothing except for a medium cotton t shirt- even the bike saddle was ‘female’… hey it was on sale, and it feel better than the previous generic one (probably more male oriented, if anything). Good ride, I tried starting off slower- but after a half hour I was pushing it a bit, and at 1 hour I’d totally forgotten my intent to take it easy. After about 2.5 hours, though, I slacked off a bit to keep from straining the little bits and pieces of me I was starting to notice- left Achilles, etc

You are an artist! You just painted a masterpiece of the beauty of crossdressing! I have never seen so many beautiful colors in one painting before! It sure is great to spice up life and not live so drab! Thank you for your wonderful work! Hugs
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Ah yes, the trick to it all is to recognize what we are all given on our palette when we start it all, and then figuring out what to do with them all. Some of us get more colors to work with, some of us just have to work harder with those we have. The key is in the final verdict. enjoy or not.

The one question I must pose is this. Is life really a zero sum game? you come into it with nothing, but do we really leave it with nothing? Not many do. It is just as Fredderique says, we all need to do things that make this life worth living. If we are doing those things, we have increased what we have from the zero we entered with. It is more than just making life more enjoyable, it is about increasing just who we are. The more we work at it with our colors, the more we are, and the farther away from our beginning zero.

And crossdressing is one great big huge technicolor addition to our special set of spices, and it is certainly a spice that is best kept out in the open and never allowed to become dried out. The more we use this spice, again, the more we move away from out beginning zero. Those who cannot use what we have developed cannot begin to advance with the flair we possess.

So, I do believe that we can move the furthest from having just a simple zero sum life. Not gonna settle.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

What are you on woman! I can hear that mind ticking from way over here.
    Yes, agree try on the bondage gear, the wedding dress and the maids outfit.
    If it looks downright ugly and you like it share it with yourself.
    Along the way you will find something to share with others.
    Variety is the spice of life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.
    'Spice' in the context Frédérique has employed it, is so utterly me.

My life is a spice rack.

I likely have more female interests than most real females, along with all the stuff of Leslie's life on top.

It takes a VERY comfortable man to openly like anime it seems. Even more so to watch the girly anime (I call it such as anything mushy that makes you teary eyed, most manly men won't watch with a gun to their head). But the ultimate is to watch the anime girls that like anime routinely call their favourites which main stream society will likely call gay anime (boys love is the common term or yaoi in Japanese).

I have also enjoyed sitting with a bunch of ladies doing ceramics (it seems guys just don't like this hobby).

I can actually use a sewing machine (actually, the word tailor is basically a male term), but my society seems to have concluded it is a woman's tool.

Chef is basically a male term, and yet again my society thinks the kitchen is a woman's domain. Although interestingly, I know some guys who are awesome in the kitchen. One friend who is always spoiling me with dinners (incredible steak dinners), I am not sure how he'd cope spoiling me as I'd like to be dressed though. He's as hetero as the day is long, but it sure often 'looks' like a date when I visit him. Although several hours of playing Civilization V on our computers tends to marr that illusion.

But I have found I just don't have the edge Leslie posesses with games of strategy. I often wonder how my buddy would react if I told him 'of course you won again, if you want a real opponent, you need to play Leslie, not me'.

I sometimes think I should spend some days sleeping, and let Leslie be up all through the night so he can put some wear on his wargames.

Interesting post. Something to think about
    Last edited by katie_barns; 05-18-2012 at 01:50 PM. Reason: didn't want to offened

Freddy, I think a lot of people need the routine, the lack of spice to keep them going. I've always speculated that they feel insecure. As long as they know what they're going to be doing from one day to the next, then they feel safe. Who's to know? Who's to say what's going on in their minds and hearts?

I've always been the black sheep of the family. (A cousin of mine recently told me he admired me for that. I was his hero. Boy, did that give me a laugh. If he only knew. If he only knew, e.g., that I'm TG--I think actually he'd be cool with it). But I've been around a bit, seen a few things, put some spice in my life. The exact opposite of what most of my family have done. I don't think they envy me. But I know I don't envy them. I get bored very easily. I have to have the spice.

Best wishes, Annabelle