Thread: Give yourself a HUG

Complex Lolita...

Give yourself a HUG

[SIZE="2"]Have you seen that TV commercial for the “Thundershirt?” It’s a special Velcro wrap-thingee that you put on your dog to either calm him (or her) down, or keep Fido from barking too much. It seems a snug wrap like this acts as a surrogate hug, and the dog feels much calmer, constantly soothed by this once-removed embrace, alleviating anxiety in a fuzzy-scientific kind of way. The TV commercial ends with the amazing sight of four dogs sitting side-by-side, wearing their Thundershirts and not making a peep...

This got me thinking – doesn’t the same thing happen when a man wears a bra? I often say, from my years of experience as a transvestite, that I feel like I’m being hugged all day when I wear (my) female underwear. It’s a curious feeling, to be sure, and I WANT to be hugged – nobody hugged me while I was growing up, so I have to do it myself as best I can. How’s that for an explanation of why a male would want to “feel” like a girl? He just needs a hug, and the clothes DO it...

Once I get my self-induced hug, I calm down, get “within” myself, and a change takes place. I am no longer masculine by design, rather I am feminine by way of containment – there is closeness, where once there was distance. There will be no “barking,” no destruction, and no uncontrollable behavior, for everything is OK – I am being hugged, and I am happy. It’s funny how this works, and, if dogs are any indication, all mammals must know the value of hugging. Perhaps this is how we evolved in the first place, by hugging our way to the TOP...

“I only want to be loved” is the mantra, whether or not you acknowledge it, and, if no one can give you a hug when you need it, you do the best you can under the circumstances. I wear a bra to feel contained, but not confined, and I become conscious of my body as a result. All of my interesting undergarments work together to hug my previously neglected body, and I cannot help but feel different, alive, and definitely detached from masculinity. It’s no wonder that male garments do not offer this embrace, for if they did there would be no need for anything else...

With all this in mind, MtF crossdressing is a meaningful experience, with useful techniques for calming the average male, but few would recognize it as such. Are we, as men, or boys, supposed to be perpetually at loggerheads with the world, barking up an imaginary tree in a perpetual display of useless aggression? Why not get a hug, via the “wrong” clothes, calm down, and sit quietly, getting in touch with all those feelings we are not supposed to know about? All it takes is a little imagination, or a little unmentionable, to make it happen. Sweet dreams, my darlings...

Do you feel HUGGED when you dress? I certainly do...

PS – Here’s a big hug for you all:
    [/SIZE]

Gold Member
    You know Frederique, that's EXACTLY how I feel when dressed, especially after work!!! Big hug back at ya gf....

Silver Member
    There is certainly some truth to the idea of being calmed by being squeezed, there is a "hugging machine" designed to help calm those with autism http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugging_machine.

I know some who enjoy wearing corsets who say they find it relaxing and calming. I enjoy wearing corsets and girdles and feel a similar feeling of calmness (and a feeling of being "held together" in general) when I am wearing mine.

I try to read your posts first. Yeah. I like my Thundershirt--I mean bra--and if my Thundershirt is a longline with 10 hooks and ten eyes in back--so much the better. True its a bit difficult to get into--I have to allow extra time to dress--and be ready to work fast when I undress, to preserve my privacy. Like being hugged, secure, and stable.

Hugs to you, Freddy.

I definitely derive comfort from the hugging qualities of women's clothing. Male clothes cover the body. No thought really put into how they feel (microfibre tshirts being the accidental exception), they just serve a purpose. When I wear women's clothes I feel nurtured and protected. They're soft and form fitting and intended to feel nice. In a way it's like the clothes are telling me that it's okay to be who I want to be and they'll keep me safe.

Hugs Frederique.

I can see the credibility of this postulate...Yes..definitely...smooches jackie
    Jackie

How interesting!! When I get in the shower I take my bra off! No wonder I feel alone when taking a shower! I never get a hug in the shower! Guess I'll have to work on that one! Here's a BIG hug for you! Well pertty big hug! 'Bout a 38c hug!
    Last edited by Cynthia Anne; 05-17-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

And why is it, that bondage is okay to advertise on TV for dogs, but not people?

:-)

I'm not sure about bras, but I've long held the opinion that if everyone, men and women, wore high heels and long nails all the time, it would become impractical to get involved in a fight or go to war.

Therefore, crossdressing could bring us world peace.

- Diane

Aspiring Member
    Most definitely true. Bras and especially a full body slip shaper give me the most pleasure.
    Bondage is quite another subject but produces even more of the desired result. You should write something on this subject one day. I believe a lot of girls here have that inclination.
    Hugs back to you.

I don't know Frederique,
    I think you put too much thought into your posts.
    I do agree, mothers wrap their newborn babies up tight so as they have a sense of security, does the same thing apply to us?
    Just wondering.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

As usual Frederique, you've written another thought-provoking post. I relate to not being hugged much as a kid ... and maybe that's why I wear a bra just about all of the time -- I really don't feel 'complete' unless I'm wearing one. But there is something I'd add: now that I have fully accepted myself, I find that I want to hug people (especially women), even when I'm in my drab me clothes. (Claire loves to hug!) Maybe it's part of that self-discovery process, and I've stopped repressing all of those "female" (or should I say "human") feelings I've kept buried for much too long.

Anyway, thanks for starting this and as Miranda said, hugs back at ya!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Like Vickie, the first thought that came to mind was autism spectrum disorders. I think the correlation you describe is interesting but most likely highly coincidental without causal relationship.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)