Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Found out by GF

Aspiring Member Silentpartner GG SO's Avatar
    Brilliant news Sammy - top marks for you and your GF - you've both handled a potentially awkward situation really well.

Best of luck with how it goes from here but by the sound of things, you are going to have a great relationship.

WOW, congratulations Sammy, and welcome. Keep the good stories coming.

-April

That's a lovely story Sammy, I am really happy for you hon. It sounds like you handled a tricky situation brilliantly. It's entirely feasible your lovely gf has already visited this forum, in her search for information. Just like you Sammy she will be made very welcome. Good luck on this new chapter in your life.

Hugs Charlotte
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thats great to hear Sammy. I told my SO early on in our relationship (after a few weeks) and she has always been very supportive, its the best thing I have done and I could not be luckier having a wife like I do, its a blessing.

Congrats Sammy!! Never take for granted how lucky you are to have someone you love in your life that wants to understand you. Take your time and it sould all work out.
    "Never explain- Your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway"

"It's Never too late to have a Happy Childhood!"

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt

$.02

The 800lb gorilla made itself known when she found women's panties in the hamper when I took a shower. I had to explain, "yea, those are mine." (as are the dresses in the closet). This explanation was more favorable than "i'm just seeing you on the side". It was also the truth. She trusted me and we've been together coming up on a score.

Because it was the truth.

She knows when I look at another woman, it's because I wonder where I can get her look.

Sammy, even if the outcome is not all hugs and bunnies- truth is really the best policy. You'll always look better in the long run, take it from me, who has not told the truth a few times, and even gotten away with it.

"Yes, but so what?" is a hell of an answer. you WILL have a few tough incidents... ride them out. My wife and i have been married 23 years, and had less than 23 tears. I told her a full year before we got married. Serious athlete with a 140+ IQ- she could be with anyone she wanted.

Tell the truth, and you will have a the best ride!

Wow sammy! You make me want to wake up my girlfriend and tell hey right now! Lol... Hopefully when that day comes for me, I can be af lucky as you are... Good luck with everything and please keep us posted. I would love to hear how things go after she meets sammy!
    I apologize for the sideways profile pic

Adding to the discussion of when my SO first meets Sammy.

As much as I understand the want to open the door en femme I fear that it would be unfair to my GF. I have had years to get used to my appearance where as she will be confronted by someone who doesn't look like me.

I think that when this does happen the transformation will be something we do together, giving her the chance to get used to Sammy slowly. I hope that dressing this way will help her feel like the man she is with is still in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cdsammy80 View Post
    Adding to the discussion of when my SO first meets Sammy.

As much as I understand the want to open the door en femme I fear that it would be unfair to my GF. I have had years to get used to my appearance where as she will be confronted by someone who doesn't look like me.

I think that when this does happen the transformation will be something we do together, giving her the chance to get used to Sammy slowly. I hope that dressing this way will help her feel like the man she is with is still in there somewhere.
    that's the way to do it. Good luck~
    Define "normal"

CONGRATS, Sammy!!! I am so HAPPY for you!! WISHING YOU AND YOUR GF THE BEST!!!!

Miriam
    Excellent idea, Sammy. You'd do well to also ask her help and opinions on different options for clothes, makeup, and accessories. It's always better to have a partner than an observer.

Miriam

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Sammy,

Your post made me grin, as you paint a very vivid picture. I got busted in my wife's nightie so it was impossible to dodge.
    Your GF is obviously an intelligent girl and long may it continue for you. As you say, I remember the humiliation when I confessed all, but my wife is/was brilliant that day.

Hope to see more of your posts and good luck from herein.

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by wrenchette2 View Post
    that's the way to do it. Good luck~
    Slowly is good! Crystal showed me pictures (at my request) fairly early on and that helped me get my head around the femme presentation idea without having it be right in front of me.

Has she checked out this site? We'd love to have her posting here. It sounds like you did all the right things, and she's responding in kind.

The best advice I can offer is to have get involved with this site.
    The fact that she bought you some stuff is both a positive and a negative:
    - Her initial reaction may be counteracted by a desire to please you by encouragement, what you NEED now is to be dressed (fully- as you would consider 'fully') with her present.
    If she tells you to go change back to guy mode, then do it, trust me.
    If she's happy with you en femme then do so until its time for sleep then get changed into guy mode.

The main barrier has been broken - her knowing.
    Everything else is trial and error.
    I wish you both all the best in this x
    Samantha -x-

Gold Member
    Hi Sammy
    Welcome to the forum.
    You did rite by telling her, Now be carefully and GO SLOW. If you put to much on her to fast, she just
    might run away. Best of luck with your GF.
    Hope to here more great things later on.
    Rader

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    From the sound of it, you did amazingly well considering the circumstances. Good luck to both of you. Please take it so so slowly, only when she is ready and be completely honest, as you have been. I didn't do either and it confused the hell out of the situation and led to all sorts of issues.

Isn't it wonderful the first time your girlfriend buys you knickers though! It blew my mind when it happened to me, I was on cloud 9. Especially when she posts them to you with a card that says, 'The next time I see you. I expect you to be wearing these.'

sounds good, the best thing is that you are not married, congrads on telling before hand, this way she can make an informed decision, and if this is just too much for her, or not what she wants, you have given her the oportunity to bail and that is awesome on your part. She is a luck gal to have such an honest friend. Take it as it comes and respect her either way

You have take some big steps as a crossdresser, now lets see what you look like Sammy

I don't think I'm quite ready to show myself to the world yet. you never know, maybe one day soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cdsammy80 View Post
    I'll go at the pace my GF sets.
    This is unquestioningly the best thing you could do. I'm sure it will all go well for you both.
    Reine