Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hair issue.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaylafaye View Post
    Thanks for all your comments. I will leave it to grow. When it gets longer I will see if I like it and decide what to do then. I am not going to worry what people think of it. It's about time I stood up for this girl screaming to get out. For once Mikayla's needs can come first.
    Sounds like the right decision. My hair is too long to look smart in guy mode right now. I would love to let it grow longer, alas the one who matters to me most prefers me to look like a smart guy, more than a middle aged gal. So it will have to be cut soon. I recall being in a bar in Scotland some years ago. I mentioned to my buddy that the girl playing pool with the long dark hair looked alright and yes you guessed it, stood up from the shot to reveal a 6+ft china man.eek:

hi Mikaylafaye
    i went threw (i know this is not the correct spelling of the word but i cannot work out how to spell it) this many years ago and then it was not as normal for men to have long hair but in the end i use to tie it up in a pony tail with just a elastic in and other times i would brush it out into a more girly style once it was long enough to put in a high pony tail i would wear it high up in a pony tail with a ribbon in and never got a comment about it except for being told that it suited me now my hair is half way down my back and i love it i wear it in lots of different styles from a simple pony tail to pig tails and either one or two french braids now and then some one will ask why do i have my hair like a girl and a answer how many girls do you see with either pig tails or ribbons in their hair? it is seldom that you see any girls looking girly now they all seam to keep their hair cropped and in male styles, if it is OK for women to have men's styles then it is OK for men to have women's styles.

just wear your hair the way you like if anyone asks why you have it that way tell them it is because you can if they try to make fun of you it is most likely that they are jealous as i bet they cannot grow their own hair or they are going bald.

regards Paulie
    just wear what you like and like what you wear

As you have let it grow for this length of time leave it alone.
    Most everybody would be used to it by now, if the say you look like a poof smile and say thank you.
    The rest of the people about you may comment about it but until your friends stop talking to you............
    LEAVE IT ALONE.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile View Post
    ...If your TS this might not be applicable. But as a CD/TV its the best advice you'll get
    It really isn't about a CD/TV versus TS thing. Hair is hair and having your own long hair is something that is purely magical no matter how one identifies.

Some advantages to having your natural hair...

• styling it is so much fun
    • taking care of it isn't so bad either
    • windy days pose no threat
    • it's amazing to feel your own hair dancing upon your shoulders
    • it can be a game-changer when it comes to presentation (as in it will never look like a wig at first glance)

And here is a bonus that could be more applicable to those on the TS side of things...

I can be in guy mode, even scruffy of face in anticipation of an upcoming electrolysis appointment and yet can feel utterly feminine with my long hair. I find this to be true no matter how I might be presenting, thus making this part of my (irrational?) psychological connection with my hair.

Clearly I am able to encourage anyone to grow their hair out if it's right for them. But like I said before, you have to absolutely own it.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Mikayla, your hair is gorgeous. If it was mine I would not cut it. I'm growing my hair out also but mine will never look as good as yours. You are a beautiful girl.

Brigid

If you've got it...Flaunt it.
    I wish I had the ability to grow mine out but my genes have taken their toll and I would look like a female monk with that god awful blank spont on the top of my head.
    I had mine long while I was younger and in college and if I were that age again in today's world my hair would be past my shoulders with no looking back.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Just so there's no confusion the hair in my picturesis my wig. I want mine that length. My own hair is just at the bottom of my neck.right now. I have had a few comments from family that it needs cutting but they seemed to have died down a bit like a couple of you have mentioned.

Oh well I will keep growing it and see how it goes. One day might have a new picture to post with my real locks :-)