Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats the thrill in going out?

Whats the thrill in going out?

I was talking with my SO earlier and telling her that I am gearing up to going out enfemme in public sometime in the next few weeks. I am very lucky to have a supportive SO, but she asked me what was the actual thrill in going out. I answered that really it was to be a woman if only for a short while, she asked further what that meant specifically and I was really stuck for words. The best I could answer is that I want to interact with others as a woman would, I want to experience what it is to be a woman....to go and buy make up or shoe shopping en femme, but also to hear the sound of my heels on the ground and the wind against my skirt. I think she understands what I want, but I thought I would ask here as well what is the high points and highlights of going out? Hugs to all on a Friday night. Natasha

For me I think initially the thrill was doing something that your not supposed to do and not getting caught... Or surviving... The more you do it the more comfortable you get... Now it feels as natural as going out in guy mode. The thrill is gone.. Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The first time I ever went out, and this is going back some years, I just took a public bus around town with no real plans of going anywhere specific. It was very satisfying, and a huge day for me personally.

You ask a good question because I'm not sure what motivated me when I first started needing to appear in public. I just knew I had to do it or I would have burst. I'm sure there's deep rooted psychological reasons for wanting to express yourself in public, even in something as innocuous as going on the bus. I look forward to the answers this thread gets.

After being a girl 24/7 for a number of years now [B] the thrill of going out enfemme is gone[/B, but years ago it was a tremendous thrill and another step in the climb to fulfilling my lifetime dreams.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member

A feeling of freedom

Going out dressed, even in plain-fem clothing is a feeling of freedom.

It also is showing off yourself in public. Not too much different from someone who restores an old car and then takes it to a show just to let others see it. He could keep it at home but he wants to have others see what he did.

As long as we act civilized and are polite there should be no problems, especially for shopping at the mall or for lunch or dinner. I go out in plain-fem clothing frequently and have never had any problems.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

In my case it's the thrill of socializing and dancing and later on the "agony of de feet!"
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Somehow, I feel the restoring an old car fits me in the physical sense for sure....lol

Karren, and others have said it well. After some time there is no thrill, it is just what we do. I am still very new at going out, and it is thrilling to no end. THe dressing was thrilling, and now the act of dressing is natural to me. I still love it, and get great peace, but the thrill of dressing now is in procuring the dresses, and to do that it now must be done in public, fully dressed, interacting and being accepted or not, and dealing. Going out is the act of dealing with life. Our life, but life nonetheless. Not for everyone I must agree, but its who i am at the moment.

Barabara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I am a beginner in the world of interaction with others as Kaz. What I have got out of going out for the many years I have been is the feeling of freedom and release. It just physically feels brilliant to walk around in a skirt, etc.. to do so in public is even more thrilling because it feels more natural and is really self-affirming. There is no feeling in the world like it!

Most women will not understand at all because to them this is what they have done since they were born and it is totally accepted and 'normal'. For us it is a big thing. I prefer to blend, because I am not so confident to say 'Hi I am a crossdresser and it is good!'... so I just want the freedom to be able to walk around and feel what it is like to dress like this...

Well actually there is more... I want to blend as a presentable woman - I want to be accepted... But that is my next hurdle... I have done the others!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Going out is the affirmation of either passing fully, passing somewhat or not at all. Which result you feel you get goes a long way towards being comfortable with yourself OR lets you know there is a lot of practice and work yet to be done.

Either way it is very exciting

It's the feeling of being feminine plain and simple. When home it's kind of like a secret, a game, but when you are out for everyone to see it is serious business and you can feel it. I always get a rush in the car driving to a night out, just knowing how I look, how I'm dressed. It is an indescribable feeling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    The times I have gone out en femme have been in the evening for a stroll. After awhile it actually became boring in the sense I was actually doing nothing. Would I just walk around the block as a guy with no goals? When I first start out I love the cool breeze flowing up my dress and slip. I love that feeling. I am just as content sitting and reading on a swing set in the back yard. I think if I went out to a cross dressing friendly venue, the thrill would be lost after a while. After all, right now fully dressed en femme in dress, heels and undergarments, feel no different than if I was en homme. Dressing en femme at home is just darn relaxing.

For some people it may be a sexual thrill, I think when I first started dressing at age 7, I may have falling in this category. but since I came out to my wife in 2010, My 1st time out in public I was so scared and excited at the same time, but since I have been out and about every weekend. I wouldn't call it boring, It just feels right! when I'm walking through the Mall I'm not thinking about how I'm dressed or who is looking at me. Boring should not be confused with feeling conferrable without guilt.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Because it's something I usually don't get to do! I don't pass - at all - and I think that works out to my benefit. People know me in my usual haunts. People think I'm a nice person. They then see me dressed, interact with me, and realize that I'm the same nice person I always was - I'm just wearing cuter clothes. They realize that I'm not what they were expecting - the odd, perverted freak that people seem to think we are. Instead, they see that I am just me. Who knows? Maybe one day that odd and totally incorrect characterization will be gone. Yay for one less stigma!

In addition, it is exactly as you described - the feelings. I get to feel the tug and flow of unfamiliar clothes. I get to hear the sound of my heels (heck, I get to smile at the mere thought of saying the words "my heels"). I get to smell the makeup. I get to see me in the mirrors of the changing rooms. It is a very sensory experience that is usually denied us.

Kathi

I dont mean to sound confrontational, but ask your SO why SHE insists on leaving the house as a female? Why does she want to leave her four walls? Why does she want to enter the real world, to walk about, to socialize? Tell her that all of the reasons that she gives are yours as well. You do not wish to be cooped up in four small walls. You do not wish to be confined. You wish and desire to enter the world as you think is right - as a female. Tell her that you long to see the world as a butterfly and not as a caterpillar (a glorified worm). If she doesnt "get it" then you are in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Because it's something I usually don't get to do! I don't pass - at all - and I think that works out to my benefit. People know me in my usual haunts. People think I'm a nice person. They then see me dressed, interact with me, and realize that I'm the same nice person I always was - I'm just wearing cuter clothes. They realize that I'm not what they were expecting - the odd, perverted freak that people seem to think we are. Instead, they see that I am just me. Who knows? Maybe one day that odd and totally incorrect characterization will be gone. Yay for one less stigma!

In addition, it is exactly as you described - the feelings. I get to feel the tug and flow of unfamiliar clothes. I get to hear the sound of my heels (heck, I get to smile at the mere thought of saying the words "my heels"). I get to smell the makeup. I get to see me in the mirrors of the changing rooms. It is a very sensory experience that is usually denied us.

Kathi
    If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that Kathi and I were related . . .

Thank you ladies. It has really affirmed for me what I have to do. Its really as Veronica says if I do not do it I will burst and exactly as Kimberly says (and also Popeye), I am who I am, therefore I will. I think thats it. I am part femme, I need (at least from time to time) to be femme, as I am femme - I just am femme. Very best wishes Ladies and thank you. Hugs, Natasha.

Oh, I think I am related to Kathi and Kimberly too.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Ok, here's a "contrarian's" view for u, Rainy! For me, going out dressed has NOTHING to do with "being me". Quite THE OPPOSITE! I get an adrenaline rush from appearing in public as someone COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from who I really am! In fact, Sherry's probably as opposite as anyone can be!

Altho, because I can't pass, I prefer to dress at home without all that stress!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Even though I don't go out other then to clubs that accept us and expect us to be there, I have to give the obvious response....
    It sure beats being all dressed up and no place to go....like me most of the time.

Gold Member
    I might be saying the same thing in a different way, but there are reasons I dress and they basically are about feeling right and being myself. I am not going to let that turn into my cage. So for me, it is a general freedom of not putting myself in a position where I can't do what I want to do. Now I might choose to stay home. But it is that, a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I dont mean to sound confrontational, .
    Yeah ya did! Don't lie to us Kim!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Natasha,
    You're right about the interaction with others. I've been going out with a friend in SF quite regularly whether it be for drinks, dinner or the theater and it never fails that we get into the best conversations with people we meet. It's become more that we can go everywhere we would in guy mode, but it's more fun en femme.
    Rachael

In an Enigma,surrounded by a Black Hole,inside a Conundrum
    Quote Originally Posted by TxKimberly View Post
    I dont mean to sound confrontational, but ask your SO why SHE insists on leaving the house as a female? Why does she want to leave her four walls? Why does she want to enter the real world, to walk about, to socialize? Tell her that all of the reasons that she gives are yours as well. You do not wish to be cooped up in four small walls. You do not wish to be confined. You wish and desire to enter the world as you think is right - as a female. Tell her that you long to see the world as a butterfly and not as a caterpillar (a glorified worm). If she doesnt "get it" then you are in trouble.

If I didn't know any better, I'd swear that Kathi and I were related . . .
    ..........Kim,,,,I think I could be a distant cousin
    "it all unfolds before your eyes ,let Merlin cast his spell" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned Read only
    Born in Quebec, lived most of life in small town Central Ontario.
    If I make it to my goal of desired shape, I plan to convert the wardrobe likely. I won't be doing it 'for the thrill" I will be wearing female clothes because I can't go out naked.

I suspect, at home I will be the same me. Sitting here bare assed in a nice blouse, instead of a man's t-shirt, maybe I will cut out the bare assed part and wear underwear that is correct for my needs. Then again, maybe not. I have female friends that like to wear just a shirt and play with what life gave them just as much as I like to play with mine. Just wish what I had to play with was correct for the outfit. But Leslie is unlikely to give in to that request.

We are all social animals and have the need to interact with others be it in male mode or female mode. Since it's something most of us do not have the opportunity to do very often as women we of course desire that interaction to make the woman in us complete.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra1746 View Post
    Going out dressed, even in plain-fem clothing is a feeling of freedom.
    I like this. I would agree, there is a sense of freedom in being able to go out and express / be whatever you feel you wish to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    We are all social animals and have the need to interact with others be it in male mode or female mode. Since it's something most of us do not have the opportunity to do very often as women we of course desire that interaction to make the woman in us complete.
    Most would agree that the sense of "validation" that you aren't some sort of freak but you are a nice person and you are still in essence the same "person" but with different clothes. I think that is why most CD's will want to interact more and more with the general public with time. Initially one is held back from interacting a bit like trying to learn anything new, you practice the basics until you get that right then move on to something new / more advanced and then practice at that.