Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the thrill in going out?

Well it took me a couple of months to look presentable. I feel "right" when enfemme and got tired of sitting in the house. I got to a point where the wife was comfortable with my looks so I went for it. She accompanied me and it went well. It was so much easier with her by my side. I call it a feeling of contentment, I feel right.

Marlenna hit it on the head for me, I get dressed up and feel right. I get dressed to go somewhere in drab and I never really like what I am wearing.

Really great question, the only problem is that to me, it is not a thrill. It is simply dressing in the clothing that I find comfortable and that i enjoy wearing. I go out dressed as Nicole because that is who i am and because my happiest moments are when I am living as her.
    Take yesterday for example, I met my dear friend Kim for lunch and a little shopping, nothing special, just two girls out on a lovely afternoon. The excitement for the day came when I finally found the perfect gold pocketbook to go with my sparkly gold flats. To me, that was a thrill as it matched so perfectly.
    So for me, I guess there really can be a thrill to going out, just not the type of thrill you are referring to.

To be seen of course, I also enjoyed the fact I did not pass 100 percent and loved the "knowing" looks, smirks, and smiles........Also showing off the legs, my best asset, in 5 inch spikes was a thrill.

Banned Read only
    I have come to the realization that it is some sort of validation of a part of me. Kind of like yelling from the rooftops but silently. Showing "the world" Jennifer is tangible proof that I am what I am and not ashamed. Like Karen, initially, there was a "thrill" but it is becoming more natural and actually feels better now than when my heart was beating as if I was committing a crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Because it's something I usually don't get to do! I don't pass - at all - and I think that works out to my benefit. People know me in my usual haunts. People think I'm a nice person. They then see me dressed, interact with me, and realize that I'm the same nice person I always was - I'm just wearing cuter clothes. They realize that I'm not what they were expecting - the odd, perverted freak that people seem to think we are. Instead, they see that I am just me. Who knows? Maybe one day that odd and totally incorrect characterization will be gone. Yay for one less stigma!

In addition, it is exactly as you described - the feelings. I get to feel the tug and flow of unfamiliar clothes. I get to hear the sound of my heels (heck, I get to smile at the mere thought of saying the words "my heels"). I get to smell the makeup. I get to see me in the mirrors of the changing rooms. It is a very sensory experience that is usually denied us.

Kathi
    if your avatar photo is of you then you have no trouble passing, i go out all the time i do not try to pass as i do not like to be bothered with all the makeup during the day of a night time if I'm going for a drink or out for a meal then i will go to the trouble but even then i do not go overboard with the makup i am not bothered with passing i just like to wear female clothes and do so most of the time.

regards Paulie
    just wear what you like and like what you wear

I have only been out a couple times, and it has been a couple years since then. But, for me it was about finally letting others see the other half of me that up until then had only been seen in the mirror. I wanted to interact with others and be seen as Tangi. I went to a cd/gay friendly bar and had agreat night. I was called miss and sweety by the staff and talked with other girls and gg's and let my inner Tangi be herself for the night. As I said, it was mostly letting Tangi be free for an evening.

RainyNightGirl, after reading your thread a second time, what caught my attention was when you said; "that really it was to be a woman if only for a short while" and her reply was; "what that meant specifically", could she be asking if you want to be with a "guy"? Maybe I am reading TOO MUCH into it, but then again, that may be her concern...I don't know, but that is just me.

Wishing you the BEST

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Although there was a thrill the first few times I went out, that wasn't the reason I stepped out of my door. I felt trapped inside my safe little hidie-hole. Over the years leading up to that first step into the public eye I had been working on finding out who Sarah was. Superficially, this was done with clothing, padding, makeup, wigs and so on. Internally I was in a closed loop with no one to bounce ideas off, no reaction from the mirror and photos were more static and highly edited glimpses of the outside. Leaving the room gave me the opportunity to see if my efforts were of any value. And how was that value measured? I had accepted myself as a crossdresser, and needed to see if anyone else would. While those strangers who were subjected to my wandering may not have accepted, they didn't recoil or confront me. For a start, that was good for me.

Since that time I've discovered how hard I need to work on this to make it work outside my own head. Now the effort is less on how I look, practice has helped that part, but more on how I can interact with others, how it feels to walk the street or into a building attempting to look and behave as a woman might. This is a continuing challenge and the thrill has been replaced by comfort, confidence and an appreciation for things once thought to be the exclusive realm of women.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I guess it's so that we can experience the world from the female side, from a feminine perspective, to encounter the outside world as a woman would, even if only for a short while.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by Sandra1746 View Post
    Going out dressed, even in plain-fem clothing is a feeling of freedom.

It also is showing off yourself in public. Not too much different from someone who restores an old car and then takes it to a show just to let others see it. He could keep it at home but he wants to have others see what he did.

As long as we act civilized and are polite there should be no problems, especially for shopping at the mall or for lunch or dinner. I go out in plain-fem clothing frequently and have never had any problems.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746
    I totally agree with you Sandra. It's become natural for me to go out blending in with the other GGs.

As someone who gets to go out far too little, there is, when I do get the chance, still the thrill of stepping into the unknown. Why do I want to do it? It's partly to do with completing the puzzle if that makes sense. It's one thing to dress in private but lets face it, GG's don't get dressed up to the nines with full makeup, best frock, shoes and bag to sit in the lounge. Walking around the house in heels is one thing, walking any distance outside is another.
    Being out completes the transformation, closes the circle. You experience what it's like to just walk outside dressed differently and the sensations that go with it. Do it often enough and yes I'm sure you get used to it but I'd take some convincing that the thrill ever entirely goes away.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I like to be pretty Joanne Curl's Avatar
    For me, going out makes it seem so much more real. For a short time I am Joanne and people react and respond to me as I'm presenting- the woman inside me that gets to be on the outside far too infrequently.

The only thrill I ever got out of going out happened on Day One. I was like a race horse out of the starting gate.
    After many outings, and polishing up my public presentation, I feel natural, and "me".

The only way I would EVER go 'out' is knowing that I would be surrounded by my CD/TV/TS peers.
    I would never go out into regular society dressed. I don't consider it safe by a long shot (I live in a fairly prejudiced town [as far as statistics go])
    The 'thrill' for the mainstream is not getting read (if you go out in mixed society)
    The 'thrill' in an exclusively CD/TV/TG environment is just 'not being stuck in your house.

End of discussion as far as I can see.
    Either way, I wish you luck on accomplishing at least one of the above.
    x
    Samantha -x-

for first time i for got what i was wearing more worryed about if was passing after a wile i was just me i did it for a long time an quit but i wont to a gen some time dont as good as i did a fue yrs a go

Quote Originally Posted by TGMarla View Post
    I guess it's so that we can experience the world from the female side, from a feminine perspective, to encounter the outside world as a woman would, even if only for a short while.
    Well stated Marla!
    I have moved on from 'passing' to 'presenting'. I have been working at refining my look...an 'early 50'ish slender Latina' look.
    3 weeks ago I was in a resturant having dinner and reading my tablet book. Basically I'm living in my world, which for me made going out a lot easier.
    The waitress is friendly, the food is good, people come and go, and no one points and screams like Donald Sutherland did in 'Invasion of the Body Snatchers'. LOL!
    I practice my etiquette and remember to eat like a lady, elbows always in, sit up, lower back in, butt out, shoulders relaxed and back, chest out (cool!).
    My hair is shoulder length and tickles my neck or falls in the way, and I had to sit back a little as to see my plate, (rack intrusion).
    The new body spritz smells nice.
    I feel good, I feel pretty and nice.
    I check my lipstick before I pay at the counter and leave.

20 years later and it is always thrilling.
    Last edited by Carmen; 05-22-2012 at 08:59 PM.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Mainly because after while, being en-femme indoors was becoming frustrating. With all the work I had put into looking and feeling great, I wanted see what it would be like outdoors. I still get a nervous excitement from it, but I love the sound of my heels outdoors.
    "She snuck up on me from behind. You'd think women would make more noise with those big high heels, but they don't, they've got this stealth thing going..."

Someone might ask the same question why is it a thrill do dress and walk around the house. If you really want to feel like a woman then you need to get out of the house and show your stuff. Woman are very social and hiding at home will not get you to do things a woman gets to do. I think we also want to show off how well we might present. I really want to go out dancing in my heels. I luv to dance and even though my feet will disagree in the morning it would be very fun to get out there and dance.
    Life is too short not to be happy!