Thread: One Errand Becomes Three – Ends With Big Smile

Smile One Errand Becomes Three – Ends With Big Smile

On the occasional Friday, I work out of the house and it is a nice opportunity to dress. Got a little work done and headed out to run an errand. You see, the River City Gems march in the SF Pride Parade in "Southern Belle" style gowns and I am joining them this year. I stopped by the costume shop and got fitted for the gown, hoop skirt, etc. (Real cute but I felt kinda like a snow plow in all that fabric! Swoon, Oh the vapors. . .) I am about half way through the fitting and my wife calls and asks if I am stopping by Macy's later.

Macy's??? Mall??? Sure!!!!

So of course I have to walk around and window shop. Go into MAC and get a big hug from one of the MA's I've chatted with. I start looking around and realize that there are way more men in the store than women! Male MA's, male customers, and me on the middle path! Smile number 1. Maybe this is the future??? So I HAD to buy something and then head to Macy's.

I picked up what my wife wanted and then started looking around. They were having a huge lingerie sale and I needed some underwear so I started looking around. MA comes up to me and we start talking about this and that. She asks what I bought at MAC, etc. Then she starts to tell me about this big bra fitting and sale they have going on now.

Now let's be honest. At ten feet, if I keep my mouth shut, I MAY be able to blend into the female crowd. At three feet having a conversation? Forget about it! So I start to look at her and see if she is maybe being a smart aleck. Well she is still chatting up this custom bra fitting and this and that and she is just being sweet. Well then MY sarcasm starts to rise up and I think about asking her if I can just take my breasts out, have them fitted, then returned so that I don't have to wait in line! (I didn't - she was terrific!) Bigger smile.

I was out of the house maybe two hours and my day was made. Sometimes it is the most mundane things that bring you joy!

Hugs,
    Debby
    Last edited by Debglam; 05-18-2012 at 06:44 PM.
    Debby

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Debby,
    Well, aren't you just so happy your wife asked you to pick up something at Macy's? Working from home has so many more possibilities.
    Rachael

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like a very fun, if EXPENSIVE, day, Debs! Hope your parade goes well!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring Member
    Congrats on a full Debbie day!
    I've enjoyed a few work days at home, and plan on taling a "Kelly" day regularly next fall.
    Make sure you share some pics from your debut as a "Belle", I'm sure you'll look outstanding!.
    Warmly,
    Sheren Kelly

Gold Member
    All the men around and a lingerie sale. Hmmmmm...... I found getting asked about a bra fitting made me feel awkward. It was nice to be asked but I just can't see doing with without anything real to measure. Probably just my insecurities. Sounds like a great entrance into the weekend!

Running "ordinary errands" while en femme is something that is always enjoyable for me.
    Hugs, Carole

Thanks all. I keep myself pretty amused but it is nice when these little things pop up and make you smile.

Maybe I should have signed up for the bra fitting and let one of the girls fall out and bounce around on the floor. "Now see what YOU have done!"

Debby
    Debby