Thread: TG Photography

Finally found you guys dawnmcdaniels's Avatar

TG Photography

I recently met a GG Cosmotologist who helped me with my CDing. The wife is not too keen in helping me but allows me to explore secretly. Dottie (My GG) has been very helpful and did an awesome Job with me for halloween. It was the closest I have ever become to passing...Almost. I myself am a professional Photographer based in Orlando so we were thinking of getting together and starting a CD/TG makeover and Photo business in the Orlando area. Just wanted to get some thoughts on this and any tips. What do most places charge for a shoot and makeover. Also her friend does nails as well so we can deliver the whole package. Including traveling to different locations (ie. Disney, Parks and such) while working out of a travel trailer for convenience. I have been to Marilyn in the Tampa area for a shoot but have not found one near Orlando. Any advice would be appreciated. Besides if you ever come to Central Florida we run a nice clean mom and pop motel 4 miles from Disney World. and of course we are TG Friendly.
    [SIZE="6"]47.9623 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot !!![/SIZE]

Sounds like a wonderful idea. Hope you go for it. Best of luck!
    [SIZE=4]Julie Woods[/SIZE]

Dawn,

With the Cosmetologist, nail tech, and the motel why not offer a package? The "En-Fem" weekend getaway?

Set of acrylics/gels and a makeover session when you arrive. Transpo arrangements and/or driving directions to local "friendly" shops, restaurants, clubs, etc. Before you check out a manicure (mostly to remove the acrylics/gels) and a facial. Having a masseuse available wouldn't be a bad idea either

As long as you don't need a large amount of capitol to keep you afloat in the beginning and you market you service well, I think you might find a HUGE demand for your services. Considering your location, I think you could probably draw not only a local clientele, but a global one.

Personally, as long as it was reasonably priced, I would LOVE to spend a weekend in Orlando dressed and pampered.

JulieFL

MIght be very good with your motel

I doubt you could make a living doing that if doing cd makeovers/photo shoots was all you did. It could be a great sideline to your motel and other photo business. Femme up a room and take appointments.
    Hugs, Christine
    Just the Girl Next Door
    my ad V
    V

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrissiej

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    For the makeover and photo shoot itself, you two probably know what the going rates are for that, so the big question is how much you want to charge for your time to do the outings.

If you do some searching online for CD salons/makeover services a lot of them offer the sort of packages you're thinking of and from their price lists you can get an idea of what the market will bear.

Adam to Eve is one example, although they are San Francisco prices (i.e. probably a bit higher due to the higher cost of living here).
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

I think it is a great idea too - but just to be a bit realistic, you have to go into this as a "labor of love". I just doubt there will be enough business to make a lot of money in it.

With that being said, I would try to keep your prices/fees affordable. I pay the lady that does my makeovers $40 per hour, and if your friend does nails she can charge the going rate. Photography, well - that is your specialty.

I wish you all the luck in the world, and I hope you make a good go at this idea. I just wish you were closer
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by JulieFL
    Set of acrylics/gels and a makeover session when you arrive. Transpo arrangements and/or driving directions to local "friendly" shops, restaurants, clubs, etc. Before you check out a manicure (mostly to remove the acrylics/gels) and a facial.

JulieFL
    I would keep the nails as acrylics or "party nails", as gels are very hard and time consuming to remove. But then, your nail tech would know that
    DanaJ

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Though I have never used such a service myself (yet!) there are several available in the UK. Probably two of the most renowned and popular are The Boudoir owned and run by Jodie Lynn Paterson and Imageworks run by Pandora De Pledge. With both you need to book several months in advance to get an appointment, so they must be doing quite well.
    Perhaps a couple of hours with Google would be in order to research what may or may not be available in your area. And as Julie mentions below, with being in one of the more "touristy" areas of Florida you potentially have a global clientele.

As a longtime Floridian, I would suggest you make sure your marketing extends to Brevard County, as I have lived both in Melbourne and in Winter Park, (and West Palm and Lauderdale and Miami... ) and although the greater Orlando area has more people, I firmly believe there's actually just as many if not more gender-variant-lifestyle people in Brevard Co...

When I lived in WP, in the '80s, all there was in the area was Parliament House and the Cactus, while Melbourne had at least three gay bars and I understand there was also a CD/TS-friendly place up on Merritt Island, and I'm sure there were others I knew nowt of. I certainly met more GV people in Melbourne than I ever did inland - a one place I worked, I was the only straight guy there!
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by dawnmcdaniels
    I recently met a GG Cosmotologist who helped me with my CDing. The wife is not too keen in helping me but allows me to explore secretly. Dottie (My GG) has been very helpful and did an awesome Job with me for halloween. It was the closest I have ever become to passing...Almost. I myself am a professional Photographer based in Orlando so we were thinking of getting together and starting a CD/TG makeover and Photo business in the Orlando area. Just wanted to get some thoughts on this and any tips. What do most places charge for a shoot and makeover. Also her friend does nails as well so we can deliver the whole package. Including traveling to different locations (ie. Disney, Parks and such) while working out of a travel trailer for convenience. I have been to Marilyn in the Tampa area for a shoot but have not found one near Orlando. Any advice would be appreciated. Besides if you ever come to Central Florida we run a nice clean mom and pop motel 4 miles from Disney World. and of course we are TG Friendly.

I wish to spend days in dressed up and pampered if it is true to have geneuine facility available
    Amanda