Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your member name...

Your member name...

Ok, question time again

I'd like to know, as to why, although most CD's are trying to portray a woman, you choose member names such as 'obsessedwithpanties' or 'Ilovemythongs'. Why is this? Why can you not choose a proper fem name?

I mean, do you see names like that on womens birth certificates? If you had srs grs etc, would you change your name by deed poll to 'Ilovenylons'? I don't think so. So why do you do it? Why can't you give yourself a proper fem name and if you have a proper fem name, why don't you use it here?

Thanx
    Administrator

Missing my Libra babe Sherlyn, I hope she's rocking up there with the angels
    Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Sometimes the your name is already taken by some one else. I just lucked out by spelling my a little different from all the other Stephenie's.
    Stephenie

lonly sheiligh

fem names

hi tamara!! i think i have the answer to your question here if a name is taken on the forum it can only be used once i believe i remember when i joined i wanted to use the name shelly but it was already taken and registration would not accept it so i had to do some imagination with the spelling so thats how mine got spwelled the way it did ! let me know if this is correct maybe its different now i 'm not sure but i thibk i have the answer therre love sheiligh
    smile, be sweet, enjoy life, and be who you are today, yesterday is gone, and tomarrow may never come!!!!!

Emberantha
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephenie
    Sometimes the your name is already taken by some one else. I just lucked out by spelling my a little different from all the other Stephenie's.
    I think Stephenie is probably right. I know that it took me a while to find a name unique enough to be available on most sites.

---
    Pain looks good on other people; that's what they're for.

Ah, but if the name is taken like Stephanie, you could just have Stephanie A for example
    Administrator

Missing our Rianna, doesn't seem right, gone to early, hope she's partying with Sherlyn

Names

Dear Tamara,

Naming has to do with feelings. And we all have different. The one is more sexual and an other more caring. My name Lot(te) in Dutch means desteny. Its my destiny to be CD.

Greatings,
    Lotte L

Quote Originally Posted by ~Tamara~
    Ok, question time again

I'd like to know, as to why, although most CD's are trying to portray a woman, you choose member names such as 'obsessedwithpanties' or 'Ilovemythongs'. Why is this? Why can you not choose a proper fem name?

I mean, do you see names like that on womens birth certificates? If you had srs grs etc, would you change your name by deed poll to 'Ilovenylons'? I don't think so. So why do you do it? Why can't you give yourself a proper fem name and if you have a proper fem name, why don't you use it here?

Thanx

Names

Hi Tamara
    I must agree with you, and in answer to Sheiligh and Emberantha I would say that if your chosen forename has already been used then it is a simple matter of adding a number or taking on a surname, I have had to do this on ocaission with some sites I have joined.
    The use of names like 'Ilovenylons' or ' tv****' for instance would put me for one off communicating with that person and I am sure it would stop most GG's from doing likewise.
    Our small community needs to be promoted in the wider world, I believe that names like these push it further toward the 'pervert' perceived by the public at large.
    Sorry, but thats my twopennyworth (3.6 cents worth for our Colonial cousins).
    Carole

Carole, you're spot on. That is exactly what I'm talking about... the fetish names. The thing is, I see members with fetish member names, but then sign their posts with a fem name, so why didn't they just sign up with that instead. If it's a simple case of 'I didn't have that name then', names can easily be changed by the admins
    Administrator

Hi Tamara,

I often wonder the same myself. As for your name already being used I think that would be a big coincidence if people used a surname too.

Gemma Louise Rhodes xx

Hi Tamara ~
    Excellent question. I agree with you. I've always gone by Kim or as friends call me Kimmy. When I registered I figured there would be a hundred Kimmys, so I used Kim E, which said together is pronounced the same.
    I'll probably take a brick to the head for saying it, but I'm less apt to respond to a post from 'nineinchheels' or 'panties4you', than a girl with a proper name. I just feel a proper name lends credibility.

My $.02

Hugs ~ Kim

You know, I used to have the name "fractlgrrl", math fetish you know. Clearly it wasn't a proper name. I didn't choose it to be proper. It was an account on a computer system, and so it was just something unique. In many ways it's like an email account name.

The British TG forum requires both a proper first and last name, as I recall. While I've not been active over there in some time, I kinda liked using my real femme name. Five or six months ago I changed my name here from fractlgrrl to Stephanie Brooks. People knew me that way, mostly anyway, so it wasn't much of a change.

I like using my full femme name. It's what I use on the street. It's me. While I'm not much of a "people person", I do like to be somewhat approachable.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

They do the same on Roses Steph, if you sign up with a fetish name, they delete it You have to sign up with a nice fem name (or male if you prefer)
    Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Carole
    I would say that if your chosen forename has already been used then it is a simple matter of adding a number or taking on a surname
    Thats what I had to do as plain old Maddie had already been taken.

Quote Originally Posted by Carole
    Our small community needs to be promoted in the wider world, I believe that names like these push it further toward the 'pervert' perceived by the public at large.
    Sorry, but thats my twopennyworth (3.6 cents worth for our Colonial cousins).
    Carole
    I would probably agree with you for the larger part Carole, but it would be nice to have the views of someone who has chosen such a username. There could be a completely rational explanation, though I must confess I am struggling to think what it could be.

To tell you the truth, I just kinda made mine up... Well that's not true, I just took it from a tg story... My actual fem name is taken .

names

Hi Maddie
    Yes of course, I wasn't saying that it definitely puts us towards the 'pervert' view, but that is my personal slant on the whole thing.
    By all means I would love to hear from members who use such names, and also from the GG's as to their interpretation on the thread. It may well be that those members cannot use 'ordinary' names or indeed post pics, but as Tamara said why then do they sign posts with a femme name?
    Carole

Ah-May-Lee
    I think to some(not all) that being online is a kind of a fantasy playground where one can be what ever they feel. I am on goth and music sites and from what I can remember, no one uses a real sounding name. People will have names like Voodoo Queen, Edible Eye, Vampiress,, Punky, and some have fetish names like mistress "this" and "master" that. Everyone seems to talk to each other despite the names they use, it's their posts and words that get the comments, not their names. Again, maybe this is different part of the world than this type of forum. Maybe it's just different ideas on things. Also the ggs at these other sites use strange names as well.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Mine is TGMarla because I used the same name as the moniker on my e-mail address. There was already a "Marla" at MSN Hotmail. So it was just simpler that way. I was pretty sure that there were other "Marla's" out there anyway. Turns out I could have used just plain "Marla", but since then it has been taken anyway.

But I think you're really talking about the ones like "Pantyhose Lover" and like you said, "Obsessed with panties".

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Quote Originally Posted by ~Tamara~
    They do the same on Roses Steph, if you sign up with a fetish name, they delete it You have to sign up with a nice fem name (or male if you prefer)
    It was Roses that I meant. I said "British TG forum" to be generic. People don't normally call out the names of other forums here, so I didn't know what was proper.
    Stephanie

Mac - It really does Just Work

Oh lol... I see your point well yeah, I didn't mention the whole forum URL
    Administrator

I agree Tamara. Try your femme name and if it's taken add to it. I used my actual middle initial and my e-mail address starts with "bd" which are also my real initials. The name Bonnie came from the very first girl I knew when I was 5 or 6. We were good friends for about a year and then either I moved or she did (military families) and we never saw each other again. I love the name too.

Anyway, I'm sure we all have femme names and on a site like this they should be used. You can out your interests in your profiles.

I'm also curious to know why description names are used.

And of course I don't wish to ignore the use of male names either.

Bonnie

In my case i chose something which resembles my male name. Guess it???????

Quote Originally Posted by Davinia
    In my case i chose something which resembles my male name. Guess it???????
    I know, I know!!

You're ectually Vin Diesel, right??

I know I'm terrible, but I just couldn't resist...
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

Lauren, REALLY, surely you could do better

Post Rita Says

You asked!

I belive the answer is ego, we do it for the same reasons that some members use their signature as a display board, or some ridiculous statement

I guess you could apply your statement to their signatures as well.
    Why can't you give yourself a proper signature.

Rita
    Green with Envy

I can see why some members choose their member names, but names like 'Ima****' or 'bigone4u' what does that name actually say about you? It's not fem, it's more of a fetish name or just vulgar isn't it. When I joined this forum last year, I chose the name Tamara because it was the full name of my SO Tammy.... haha... yes my real name obviously isn't Tamara

It's the fetish names that puzzle me. Over time, you get to know members with fetish names, however, they sign their posts with a fem name.... to me this makes absolutely no sense at all. I'd like to hear from the 'fetish' names...

<edit> For Rita.... I can see your point too. My signature changes quite a bit, depends on the mood I'm in I guess. But the part on the right hand side never changes.
    Administrator