Thread: 80's & 90's fashion ?

80's & 90's fashion ?

Hello, I was just curious if anyone has a penchant for the casual clothing worn by women in the 80's & early 90's, specificly big sweaters, leggings and those wonderful slouch socks. I still have a few pairs of tight black leggings which sadly are so hard to find now. Anyway, just curious if I am alone in liking that style of dress.

hhmmm.........possible new photo thread?

Alannah

Luv the great big sweaters.....!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Ah-May-Lee
    I like black cotton/lycra leggings, maybe not in the same style as you. I hate to say this but I wear them more in the style of how Maddona used to look in them. I'm sorry, but Madonna was the closest person that I could use in this example. I have about 50 yards of black cotton/lycra so I have a good supply of fabric to make my own.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

I absolutely adore the early 80's. The New Romantic style should be made a defacto standard by law!!
    I am waiting with baited breath for that particular fashion trend to come back again.

Quote Originally Posted by Alannah
    Hello, I was just curious if anyone has a penchant for the casual clothing worn by women in the 80's & early 90's, specificly big sweaters, leggings and those wonderful slouch socks. I still have a few pairs of tight black leggings which sadly are so hard to find now. Anyway, just curious if I am alone in liking that style of dress.

hhmmm.........possible new photo thread?

Alannah
    Tight leggings trousers yep go for that see avatar and a lot of my pics

And culottes. I think they're very cute. And they tend to show a lot of leg. Now, I don't mean that particular horrid fashion statement once known as the "skort", I mean the darling one-piece item. They didn't stick around long, but I thought they were very pretty.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Banned Read only
    I don't remember what 80's womens fashions look like unless I see photos of women in the 80's. Otherwise, I like the style of the early to mid 90's. I hate all of the current styles of junior clothes for the past 5 years; I only like the junior styles from the '90 to '96 era - those are the only junior styles I have.

I am die hard for 80' s and 90's fashion. from hair to clothes.

Can not help myself, April Marie
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

tommcdonald1024
    I personally love the 80's. I have about 20 pairs of leggings and more then that of the slouch socks. When I am at home that is all I wear. I especially like to wear the leggings, slouch socks and a big sweater during the cold months or a huge t-shirt in the warmer months.

Love the 80's

I grew up in the 80's and most of my favorite things come from that time. I love leggings and leotards and still wear them all the time.

Not to keen on shoulder pads though as i think big shoulders should be left to the guy's. Oh and the big hair thing doesn't really work for me these days

I too love 80s fashion and wish it would come back in style. It would be much easier to CD in big hair, lots of makeup, nice dresses, etc.

80's rocked!

I am a big fan of the larger sweaters (jumpers to my fellow homelanders) to bum around the house in, ok not so much leggings but may be a pair of tights instead (opquae) it's nice to slouch from time to time, or a leotard undr the sweater.

Any of it works with me

Emma