Thread: A Revealing Friday (no, not that type of revealing..lol)

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area

Talking A Revealing Friday (no, not that type of revealing..lol)

[SIZE=2]Hello everyone.. it’s me haven’t been as active on the site, with only a few comments and pm’s in the past year. Certainly have not dressed enough or taken pics I’m not sure why..maybe it’s the job with many hours and no sight of catching up. Maybe it’s my foolish thinking that I will let it all go (hmmm so why is it in my head all the time ). Or even more foolish, is the thought that I could win over my ex-wife to the point of seeing each other again..wonder how many of us have thought that one before????..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Course, with the idea of the ex accepting this side of me or the issues I have with her are really too deep for any reconciliation. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So what is this thread really about????? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]I began my Friday evening after work doing what I mostly have been doing for the past year, meeting up with my long time buddy who I have known for about 12 yrs and actually was on the same ship as we cruised out from the west coast back in the ‘80s during our military service. Except he was down below in the air-conditioned spaces, while I was running by behind off topside at a 100+ degrees in the Indian Ocean . [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Our evenings were normally having a few with some various foods at different restaurants or sports bars and talk about this and that…while checking out some lovely ladies (no he does not know about my activities). Yep, like many of us, I see the pretty girl/woman and then I see the outfit Sometimes I have to catch myself as we oogle the ladies and my replies to his comments, at the tip of my tongue I want to say something about the outfit or her makeup..lol. But I fall in line and say something man-ish..which in part is really true on one half of my brain, while the other wall is stuck on her lipstick or eyeshadow.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Last night was like any other as we stopped at a sports bar/restaurant where all the waitresses and bartenders are young girls (20-27ish…that is my story and I’m sticking to it.. ) in next to nothing. Two piece swim suits with some being basically thongs, but have a variety of themes, like cavewomen or cammie look. Well, there is a lot to be seen especially if you are seated at the round bar watching the lovely ladies parade by (hmmm what half am I thinking with????)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]One woman caught my buddy’s eyes as she seemed a bit older but very well put together in her two-piece. After our normal comments about her, my buddy (Bill?) says “gosh, it has to be a lot to go through with putting on makeup everyday to look that good”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]“uhhhh..what????” was my initial response, but as he expanded on it about time it takes to put it all together just to come show everyone, etc.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So I thought about it all..and agreed with him that it does take time but some got it down to a science, like driving and putting on mascara J Then I added that some had more natural looks to minimize how long it takes as I pointed this out to him as we looked around. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Yes, this will get funny so hang in there..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So my mind is spinning..and I turned the conversation about the themes some of them were portraying and told of past costume parties that I had gone to with my wife at the time. How we wore various costumes such as king and queen, yes I was the king..at least at the time I told of how some did their makeup to fit the costume, etc. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So I said that one time (in band camp..) a few years ago, a friend and I were going to a costume party for Halloween so she came over to get ready. So I nervously said “you wanna see her?” he nodded yes, typical guy..lol.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So I showed him a pic of ‘her’ with her back showing in the pic with no face. He was “wow, that is a nice costume, who is she? Is it ‘name’ or who? ” [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]“No, it’s not her, let me see if I should show you her face” as I was nervously fidgeting with my phone to find a frontal pic and took a deep breath..in the process of deciding to show him. So I took that bold step and showed him.. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]“Hey, she looks very sexy and pretty..who is she???” [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]“You can’t tell?, really? Look closer..” as I got antsey about it all wondering what I am doing and what his reaction would be…[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]“No, I don’t know who it is? But she is pretty”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So in my head I’m like ‘come on..get this over with…’ I turn a bit to the side so he can see my shoulder as I pull up my sleeve exposing my tattoo..and I said look at the pic again..Nadda..nothing..the light didn’t come on..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So I tried another pic of the same fairy outfit and still no go on knowing it was me. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So I took a deep breath and said “it’s me, dummy”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]“REALLY??? Wow..that is cool..really, that is you? You shaved your stash and all? Did the makeup yourself?”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]“YES, I SHAVED ALL and no, it’s not easy doing the makeup. Its something I do once in a while.” [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]“ok, that is cool..”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]“What do you think of her? Would you take her out?”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]“yes I would. Does your family know or others?”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Told him only a few people and my daughters but not the rest of the family.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So I showed him a few more pics of me as I listened to his comments..then I sort of started shaking..and fidgeting even more…[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]“what’s wrong?” he asked. Remember we are in this crowded sports bar and I’m opening this side of my life to him, putting all my chips on the table..so reality was hitting and I was becoming overwhelmed with his reaction..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]“I didn’t think you would be ok with it..thought you would deck me right here being how we talked about things and what we do as guys on the prowl (ok, something like that)”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]“No, why would I hit you..if it makes you happy then that is good. Your still my bro and always will be..well you know what I mean”[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So after calming down a bit, he opens his arms to give one of them ‘bro’ hugs ..which I later laughed about because how times do you see two guys sitting at a bar hugging each[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]other except when just meeting up???[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So we finished our talk and went separate ways as I had a small get-together to get to for a bit..another small bar for a birthday bash..and once again, I was playing the dude trying to pick up a woman..lol.. but then I looked up at a mirror and thought, who am I kidding.. and went home.. No I wasn’t dressed, it was just me seeing inside myself knowing I was in a confused state and needed to exit. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]So I thought I would share this LONG story..sorry, wanted you to feel as if you was there..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]No this is not for everyone so don’t take it that way if you are in the closet. It comes down to what you are willing to gamble on and sometimes its what you need to do to keep sane. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Thank you for reading..may you have a wonderful day in whatever mode you choose.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Hugs,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Marissa[/SIZE]
    Last edited by Marissa; 05-19-2012 at 03:19 PM.
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

How fortunate you are to have such a really good friend!
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    How fortunate you are to have such a really good friend!
    I always thought I did as I trust him with taking care of my daughters in the event of an emergency.. but until that moment last night, I didn't realize how much. Thank you for reading and the comment..

Marissa
    Marissa

Marissa I thought you had gone straight ? with not hearing from you, lovely to hear from you girl, and what a lovely story, read it twice, I've done a similar thing but didn't reveal to them that it was me, you sound in fine form.

Hope the Girls are fine
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Beauatiful story Marissa. It is always eye opening when you realize that your best friend is actually your truest friend in all senses of the word. That is so wonderful. Agree, not for everyone, but everyone needs to know that when the moment becomes right, they will know, and should not be afraid. At times it has to be done, and outcome may not be as positive, but it is the life we must live.

Congratulations and hugs, Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Marissa,

That was a huge leap of faith but one that paid off with a nice ending.
    I like the background write up as it wouldn't have been so poignant without it.

I have to admit, I was expecting that your friend was going to reveal himself too .

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Miriam
    A wonderful story, Marissa. I'm so glad that your faith in your friend was well placed. It will be interesting to see the possiblities enabled by this new intimacy. Enjoy the warmth.

Miriam

Quote Originally Posted by joandher View Post
    Marissa I thought you had gone straight ? with not hearing from you, lovely to hear from you girl, and what a lovely story, read it twice, I've done a similar thing but didn't reveal to them that it was me, you sound in fine form.

Hope the Girls are fine
    Hi Jo, sorry it has been a good while since you heard from me..been lurking mostly No..not quite straight..and even I had, I couldn't stop visiting this site and the lovely people in it. Not sure how that coorelates to being straight??!!..anyway. Thank you for reading my story..twice. He texted me today so guess things are all good.

Yes, the girls are fine, thank you for asking. Hope life is treating you well too..

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Ella View Post
    Beauatiful story Marissa. It is always eye opening when you realize that your best friend is actually your truest friend in all senses of the word. That is so wonderful. Agree, not for everyone, but everyone needs to know that when the moment becomes right, they will know, and should not be afraid. At times it has to be done, and outcome may not be as positive, but it is the life we must live.

Congratulations and hugs, Barbara
    Thank you, Barbara..Yes it is a wonderful feeling in being able to put that much trust in someone..just hope that someday it will be an SO who i have that feeling with also. This had been in my mind for a while but being how I HAVE to act around him, I wasn't sure the outcome. Just decided to take the chance..

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    Hi Marissa,

That was a huge leap of faith but one that paid off with a nice ending.
    I like the background write up as it wouldn't have been so poignant without it.

I have to admit, I was expecting that your friend was going to reveal himself too .

Rebecca x
    Hello Rebecca, thank you for the feedback on the writing style..just wanted to informative on where the mindsight was coming from. The additional funny thing is that we actually grew up one town from each other and he would hang around my town. We never knew each other since there is a few years difference in age. Still, he knows of the places I hung out and remember how the town was years ago.

Your last comment sort of crossed my mind during our talk..like he was going to say something in reference to having a gay or cd/ts experience or something of that nature. More so, I was waiting for him to ask when I would show him in person. Don't know about that..ok, so today I did think of that, how I would invite and serve dinner and chat the night away. Just a thought..consider myself bi but don't think I'm attracted to him..it would be one of those curious things if that ever happened.

I'm glad you ladies like the story, it felt good to write about it and share...

Hugs,
    Marissa
    Marissa

Quote Originally Posted by marym View Post
    A wonderful story, Marissa. I'm so glad that your faith in your friend was well placed. It will be interesting to see the possiblities enabled by this new intimacy. Enjoy the warmth.

Miriam
    Thank you, Miriam. Yes, a jump off the clift with your eyes shut type of faith so I'm happy it ended well. Not sure what will come of it..see if he has more questions or lets it go, who knows.

Sorry, mods, didn't mean to multi-post.
    Marissa

Gold Member
    Good for you Marissa! Sometimes I think we sell our best friends short, but not intentionally. Fear is a powerful thing and can override our knowledge that we are going to be okay. But that is a great and heartwarming story. I would handle him seeing Marissa just like we advise for SOs. Let him bring it up and say he wants to. He may be okay with hearing it, but let him come to his point where he is ready to see it.

Oh, and don't be such a stranger! (That's not a bro hug :-) )

Hi Marissa,
    It's wonderful to see you back, and with a such a great success story! I don't have any friends I feel I could come out to that way yet. Still overloaded with stress, probably mostly of my own making. Sure hope we see more of you.

Hugs, Linda

Platinum Member
    You have a great friend. From your post I deduced you were in the navy. When people are confined together for 24/7 for long periods of time (sea duty, combat patrols) they really get to known the person. Sometimes they develop a read on the person that may not be developed in civilian life. When you depend on a buddy to get through adverse situations, you really develop a friendship that is closer than even two brothers have. I believe your friend knows you were someone he could trust in the most adverse situations that life can present.

Hey Marissa. Its been a while since I've posted on this site as well. I'm glad to now you've come out to a friend who has taken you alternative identity in stride. Just to let you know its ok....come on out or is that in...the water is fine.
    Paula

Wow. I think that is an excellent story. I love that you came out to someone, and I love that he was accepting. I hope you enjoyed the sunlight (however brief) enough to come out to others especially women you may be interested in.

You should be proud of yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    Good for you Marissa! Sometimes I think we sell our best friends short, but not intentionally. Fear is a powerful thing and can override our knowledge that we are going to be okay. But that is a great and heartwarming story. I would handle him seeing Marissa just like we advise for SOs. Let him bring it up and say he wants to. He may be okay with hearing it, but let him come to his point where he is ready to see it.

Oh, and don't be such a stranger! (That's not a bro hug :-) )
    Yes, Sue, fear is a powerful thing and sometimes its what protects us..but can also hold one back. I'm sure come next meetup it will be like nothing was said..until he is ready to talk more about it

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Stockings View Post
    Hi Marissa,
    It's wonderful to see you back, and with a such a great success story! I don't have any friends I feel I could come out to that way yet. Still overloaded with stress, probably mostly of my own making. Sure hope we see more of you.

Hugs, Linda
    Hi Linda, yes it has been a bit..not sure how much I'm back, only time will tell. In the same lines as you mention, I have my stresses in life and my climbing out of a dark hole from last marriage, but I"m getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    You have a great friend. From your post I deduced you were in the navy. When people are confined together for 24/7 for long periods of time (sea duty, combat patrols) they really get to known the person. Sometimes they develop a read on the person that may not be developed in civilian life. When you depend on a buddy to get through adverse situations, you really develop a friendship that is closer than even two brothers have. I believe your friend knows you were someone he could trust in the most adverse situations that life can present.
    Hey Stephanie Its funny that even though we didn't know each other, after our first meeting and hanging out, talking about where we grew up at and our sea time, it was like we had sort of known each other for a long time. And yes, as in any 'committed' life experience equal to serving, the bond is there in some fashion even if you never met. I found that when I got my job last year, most of those around me, including boss, had served (and some retired) at some point in their lives so they knew where I was coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Siemen View Post
    Hey Marissa. Its been a while since I've posted on this site as well. I'm glad to now you've come out to a friend who has taken you alternative identity in stride. Just to let you know its ok....come on out or is that in...the water is fine.
    Paula
    LOL!! Yes, Paula, rather confusing on whether its 'coming in or out' It was a shock, not only his acceptance but my leap of faith.

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Wow. I think that is an excellent story. I love that you came out to someone, and I love that he was accepting. I hope you enjoyed the sunlight (however brief) enough to come out to others especially women you may be interested in.

You should be proud of yourself.
    I thank you and all others who have taken the time to read such a lengthy story. I just had to share it after reading others who have done the same with similiar and disimiliar results. Yes, its a warm feeling of sunlight..and I do hope it opens doors that I'm okay with walking through towards women, as having that special someone to share this with is so desired.

Again, thank you all for the nice comments..

Hugs,
    Marissa
    Marissa