Thread: Support Groups?

Support Groups?

I went to a support group the other day. It is not something I would usually do or go to but it is only a half a block from my house. So I was like what the hell, I may as well check it out. It was a rather interesting experience. It is for all people who consider themselves to be on the gender spectrum. So there were different types of people there and was a rather mixed crowd.

There were male to female, female to male, and those who are beginning their transition or considering one. I consider myself to be two spirited and someone who is a creative personality type. I did choose to go enfemme and introduce myself as Stephanie.

I did feel a little out of place but that was to be expected. The others in the group know one another and share a strong rapport. I also facilitated Psycho-social Education groups for close to seven years so it was rather weird being a group member as opposed to being the group leader.

I do plan to go again. I told my girlfriend I went and she was encouraging and thought it was a good idea. I was just wondering if anyone else has joined/been in support groups before and what your experience was like.

Thanks for reading,

…Stephanie

I'd love to go...but more so, I need to go. I'm glad you had a good experience. Do you wish you had done so earlier?

I go to one every month there is anything up to 30 people there GGs M2F F2M , its a great night out and a confidence builder for those who are a bit shy or still in the closet, there is lots to gain, friends to make and things to find out about.

I recommend them to all
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Hugs J-JAY

Never underestimate the power of brains and a push up bra.

Never complain about growing old, far too many people have been denied that privilege".

Gold Member
    Where I live, the nearest support group is down in Chicago, Or western Burbs.
    A long ride away, and some times meet in a somewhat scary part of town.
    Rader

Am going to a Trans Social in about 30 minutes, waiting for my GF to get here.

I learned we have a support group here in town, about a year and a half ago, I have thought about going and checking it out, but just have not found the motivation to do it. Maybe this year, we'll see.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Aspiring Member
    I go to a TG support grp at my VA every Monday. It has been a lifesaver for me. I have found new friends and learned so much from them that I have gained in my confidence in ny transitioning. they are there when I need them. Hope you get as much out of your group as I do.
    Diane Elizabeth