Thread: Make-Up

Unhappy Make-Up

i have seen enough posts about CD's using too much Make-up. We need to have a good foundation to cover our manly faces. And then we can do our make-up like a GG. Its just so hard sometimes not to look like a clown while doing it and having to start over again.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I had one of those days today where I'd put too much red to cover the blue and then face looked over done trying to compensate with foundation.

Sometimes life is like that but hey ho, I'll just have to make do looking good instead of gorgeous!

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

I have not quite managed the natural look yet at all. I completely seem to over do it. I think I am trying to overcompensate. I am planning on going to a professional makeover service for the CD community. Does anyone recommend any in the UK? - I travel all over so anywhere in our fair island would be fine...

Clowns are people too!!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i am convinced the biggest thing needed is practice. with foundation in particular it can be applied with fingers or with a brush, but i think the best technique is to use a small makeup sponge to blot it out a bit so you don't look so caked on. The right foundation is really key some are very thick and pasty while some are very light and creamy. You may need to try a few before you find what you like. I am partial myself to Revlon Colorstay. I tend to stay away from expensive dept store brands because it will never be used enough to be worth it and i will have to toss it, so the Revlon is fine for me.

If you have shaved closely and your bead still shows throw try a colored concealer first.
    Here is a good video to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayGram View Post
    i have seen enough posts about CD's using too much Make-up. We need to have a good foundation to cover our manly faces. And then we can do our make-up like a GG. Its just so hard sometimes not to look like a clown while doing it and having to start over again.
    I know EXACTLY how you feel DeeJay. I've never been able to get it right, not close enough to blend, let alone pass. In my avatar pic, a GG friend and professional did it for me, and that's THE best I've ever had. I was so happy I went out and stayed out during that day until that awful beard stubble started to show through. GG'S, can you help us? PLEASE?
    Be safe, Linda

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Practice makes perfect. As you can no doubt tell, I don't get enough practice.

i have light colored hair so i dont have to use much but my best tips came from things like this and talking to gg friends of mine they are great at helping you find what will work best for you just listen to every ones tips i had a gg tell me that was the wrong red for me but i dont like to just put things aside hugs

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Stockings View Post
    I know EXACTLY how you feel DeeJay. I've never been able to get it right, not close enough to blend, let alone pass. In my avatar pic, a GG friend and professional did it for me, and that's THE best I've ever had. I was so happy I went out and stayed out during that day until that awful beard stubble started to show through. GG'S, can you help us? PLEASE?
    Be safe, Linda
    Well, we don't have to deal with beard stubble so it's different for us. Some of us have blemishes, freckles, or such so we use concealer first, then powder over that. The same shade. Then use rouge for the cheeks. A nice eye shadow...sorry, but blue went out in the 70's, any color but blue and then a nice pink lipstick. Don't go heavy on the rouge and lipstick (bright red). Pink or salmon is better.
    Define "normal"

thanks for all the posts.

Thanks to all who responded. My biggest hurdle, besides having a male face, is to avoid the trap of thinking that more makeup will cover the "maleness" and I keep piling it on. It sure doesn't work that way. Careful selection of just the right amount of color always seems the best way to go. Thanks so much.