Thread: did anyone ever tried some Indian Clothes?

did anyone ever tried some Indian Clothes?

My mom is Indian and my Dad is American... so Mom always used to dress me up in those heavy Indian outfits ... and even my sister used to love dressing me up ... and she was like she never wanted a brother...
    she and my mom stilll treat me as a girl... and i am just 18

Oh, Indian Saris are just beautiful. I have been to India many times and the Saris are just beautiful with so much colour and gold threads, the women in India really know how to use colour and vibrance. I would love to try some of them. I envy you if you have them. Hugs to you. Love Natasha.

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    As in Cherokee or what?
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    There are certain things in life that I was not designed for, .......I think a Sari is one of them .

I'll leave that to Priti Jhangiani and co.

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Beth Mays View Post
    As in Cherokee or what?
    as in Saree or something like that .... Indian dresses are too feminine and I have got used to it now ... bcoz of my sister and my mom
    as my Mom likes me to be her princess ....

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    There are certain things in life that I was not designed for, .......I think a Sari is one of them .

I'll leave that to Priti Jhangiani and co.

Rebecca x
    sis u should try wearing one ... it looks good on me ... I bet it would be same on you darl ...

Quote Originally Posted by RainyNightGirl View Post
    Oh, Indian Saris are just beautiful. I have been to India many times and the Saris are just beautiful with so much colour and gold threads, the women in India really know how to use colour and vibrance. I would love to try some of them. I envy you if you have them. Hugs to you. Love Natasha.
    love you too babe .....
    because of Mom I have piles and piles of Sarees in my closet u r welcome anytime ... I just live in Miami.. give it a visit anytime babe
    Last edited by az_azeel; 05-21-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: merged three consecutive posts.. please use your edit button

Thank you Priyaverma, maybe sometime, I live near London unfortunately, but I have a business trip to India planned and I will be taking an extra suit case. Have a great weekend.

Saris are so feminine, Priya, and so comfortable to wear. My wife went through an Indian phase ... I raided her closet (in secret haha). Lehenga cholis (i hope I'm spelling that right) are also gorgeous but you have to have the right body for them - leaves me out You are so lucky to have such a supporting family. Transgender and cross dressing are an accepted part of Indian culture. Love Cheryl

[SIZE=3]NO! Stop! Don't wear Indian clothes:

You'll be sari !

:slaphippo:
    [/SIZE]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Look, Kristi, their food and culture r both good! So, why NOT their clothes? I've actually been looking for a sari in the thrifts, Priya! I'm only sari I haven't found a nice one yet!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I did for Halloween once.....first and last. I most certainly prefer American and European styles. I'm not a Sari type...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Krististeph View Post
    [SIZE=3]NO! Stop! Don't wear Indian clothes:

You'll be sari !

:slaphippo:
    [/SIZE]
    This has got to be the worst ever. I mean absolutely rock-bottom. Humanity will never sink any lower than this, never in a billion years.

I wish I'd thought of it.

Annabelle

Love this! When I lived in Singapore, my wife and I bought saris. Sooooooo sensuous. I loved my sari.

Hey priya..nice to find a desi girl here. I usually wear ethnic dresses like Kurtis and Tops. I love sarees..

Was in Kuala Lumpur looking at material in racks....
    Lots of it, what was it..
    Saris by the thousands.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Look, Kristi, their food and culture r both good! So, why NOT their clothes? I've actually been looking for a sari in the thrifts, Priya! I'm only sari I haven't found a nice one yet!
    You forgot to mention the "bhangra" music genre! Tres cool!

I am always fascinated by saree but to me it seems too much is involved in wearing saree. First you need blouse custom made, who will doit in US??? and petticoat and all the jewellery and accesories. Thats just to start, then you have to learn to wear and then handle it. Just seems too much work. Hats off to ladies who can handle it.

BTW where in US you get all yhose stuff? Iwuld love to atleast give it a try

This is interesting, seriously, in that the Muslim tradition of wearing a hajib, one covering most of the face, could be excellent camouflage. I don't thing it would be a good idea in a fundamentalist country- too easy to be misinterpreted as misrespect. all you would have to do is your eyes- and most CDs can do that well enough with some practice.
    You'd have to hold your shoulder up and back to reduce the width, and walk delicately...
    Just a thought, personally, i would rather take a chance on being recognized than align with a religion in order to pass. Much rather get a french maid, flight attendant, navy female officer uniform, nurse dress, et. al. before the hijab, in terms of costume priority.

had a hajib-clad student once, I had to take her aside and ask about the rules of interaction with me being a male teacher... as long as there was another female present- i could work one on one with her with no 'intrusion'. interesting. I got the feeling she never trusted that i was simply trying to get her to learn the subject- too bad, just like not all muslims are terrorists- not all anglo men are looking to intrude on female propriety.

I love my college- teaching is the best learning experience ever.