Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who are OUT.

Banned Read only

For those of you who are OUT.

If you have told at least ONE person - whether you have any desire at all to leave your house "dressed" - was it a brother or sister? Could we know anyone any better than a brother or sister? Other than someone we may have worked with for many years? No matter who you have told, did it make any difference whether they were family or not?

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Friend... does not mater is blood relitive or not.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Banned Read only
    My wife, also my friend and the one to whom I am closest.

As everyones circumstances and relationships are unique, it would have to be a personal choice. I would imagine it would be with someone you felt very comfortable with and had a long trusting history and relationship with. The first person I went out in public with was my little brother in 1979. We went and had a couple of drinks at a disco at a Ramada Inn. It was also the first time I had ever utilized a ladies bathroom. When the time is right I am sure every girl will come to her own conclusion who that special someone will be.

Michelle

Let's see. It was my wife first and then my oldest sister and finally my son.

Wife for me...and she's also my best friend.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Gold Member
    I never had to tell my wife, she just knew. But I have told my 2 daughters and some friends. It isn't about who they are in relation to me but how they are in my life. If I could be dressed around them or if there was a reason to let them know for their benefit, then I told them. I will probably expand that criteria in the future which probably means something along the lines of being family or people I am with a lot. Someday, who knows, the world!

The first I told was my BFF. She was cool with it and we had plenty of shopping trips before she moved away. I've told my sister and she told me she already knew.

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    I'm very open and out. I'm an only child; the first person I told was my best friend.

the first person i told is a friend of mine for a quite long time.

My wife has known since before we were married. My brother and his wife, his two sons and their wives know. My kids and all their friends know. My friends know.
    Is there a difference? Family always says 'you are not a different person, just more too you' . That is acceptance with a healthy dose of love. Friends are always a bit surprised, female friends say 'thats is so cool, and so brave' . Male friends take time to digest things, but come around in time.
    The public in general is so increditabitly accepting it will make you really surprised. I hear here all the time about how people will react, and so many people think they will be percusited, and that they live in an area that will not accept them, but it has never once been my experience.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a lonely only, the first person I told where I wasn't trying to explain something they had seen or heard was my employer...
    "I am Yin & Yang, North & South, Night & Day, Feminine & Masculine" [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/64235483@N02/

Platinum Member
    It was easier in some ways, to come out to family members, because I knew them well enough to anticipate their reactions. But there's less at stake in coming out to non-relatives.

My wife, who is my best friend, but no-one else as of yet.

first person i told was my soon to be exwife but we are still frends the, second was a mac makeup consultant
    third was anybody eles i ran in to dressed the only people i havent told were family and work people.

it all depends on your situation.....
    for me i stopped caring what strangers thought of me.

It was NOT a brother or sister. My brother passed away in a fire on Xmas morning, and I don't have a relationship with my sister. My wife knows, sister in laws (2), daughters (2), nieces (3), and a few others too. Once it gets out, the genie's tough to get back in that bottle!

Let's see, I told my first wife, so she divorced me, She outed me to a courtroom full of people, during a custody hearing, and then I had to explain what it all meant to my older brother, as far as I know he took it to the grave, then I told my best friend, and second wife, they are one and the same person. Other than that, it's been my secret. I'd say it mattered to the first wife, didn't matter to my brother, nothing ever changed between us, and things got better after I told my second wife, that was 36 years ago, and life has been good every since.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

The Only one who knows is my wife/Best Friend/Gal Pal. I'm very lucky and grateful to have it all in one beautiful package!!
    But one day I hope to be brave enough to let the world know the WHOLE me.

Erin
    Last edited by Erin McShea; 05-21-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    "Never explain- Your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway"

"It's Never too late to have a Happy Childhood!"

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by kristinacd55 View Post
    Once it gets out, the genie's tough to get back in that bottle!
    I would never want the genie back in the bottle, It's way to stuffy in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Have told my wife but due to social and professional reasons no plans soon though

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineD View Post
    Have told my wife but due to social and professional reasons no plans soon though
    I've told my wife (a few times, since it would go unspoken for so long that she seemed to forget), as well as a few friends. I always picked friends that live across the country, as there's very little chance it would spill over into my regular life. Like Jasmine, I don't have the professional luxury of being out to the public.

Gold Member
    I was very careful about who to open up to, and finally came out to 2 very good friends of mine (1 male, the other female) because I knew they were open enough to accept it. I've never told anyone in my family, not because I don't think they would accept (because I know it wouldn't be that big an issue), I just don't see the point. It's a private part of my personality and I'm fine with that.

Banned Read only
    It would be interesting to know what percentage of CDs just plain don't have any need or desire to let others "know"? How many "normal" folks don't have a secret or 2 or 3?

I've told my girlfriend,her 13 year old daughter caught me in a pretty pink dress and I gather all of her facebook friends know now

It didn't make much of a difference to who I came out. I just thought about who was important to me in my life and if sharing this side of me would make my relationship with them better. I have had positive experiences with both friends and family so far. I hope the trend continues as I move forward with my life. I know that it can be very taxing holding onto that secret for so long. I am much happier with people knowing and keeping my things out in the open.