Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what gives?

what gives?

I was at the verizon wireless store in my city and there was an obvious dude in a dress. Not only was he dressed inappropriately but he was wearing the most god aweful makeup, heavy hooker, over exaggerated makeup. He wore a blonde wig and kept flipping his hair while talking to the very accomodating verizon rep. All the while wasting everyone's time saying that he was saving up for the phone he wanted. Really?? Is this how cd's want to represent themselves? I felt sad and embarssed for him. Is being a women just a joke for some? Why do some want to make such a mockery of being a women? That is not how any women I know represents themselves. So tell me what gives?

Sounds pretty tame compared to the pictures I see on the People of Walmart website.
    I wouldn't worry about it. This person doesn't speak for me.

It's a tough one because he doesn't speak for me either bur like it or not, he affects perception of all who follow in his wake.

Some believe in our social responsibility, others not so much.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I was just in the verizon store!! Didn't think I was flipping my hair that much! Lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Doesn't speak for me either, and I have seen GG's look just as bad if not worse. I say ignore it and you will be much happier. One bad example does not represent anything, and is not even an example.

She may have been a total beginner who is really bad at putting her look together, but who knows? We really have no way of knowing what was going on, so I would hesitate to do any condemning.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Did he say "he was saving up" that is not cool she should have enugh money already. I would love to drag a man by his hair down the street while Xdressed does that help.

who cares as long as he is not in a relationship/embarassing a GG by the nonsense, what ever turns his crank, he knows how rediculous his presentation is. Make your own deductions from that.

Kitty
    This person does not speak for me or the vast majority of us who in reality emulate females because of sincere appriciation for women. I can only speak for me but when I go out I feel a need to present as well as possible, for me and as to not lend to stereotypes of both crossdressers and women. This person obviously is incorrect about what it is to blend in. kelli

Banned Read only
    Kitty, I am very sensitive to the "appropriate" issue as well. I know some like the ****ty look for unknown reasons but that is not, what I believe, is the look that most of us crossdressers want. I respect women. I think they are beautiful and I never want to be a joke of a woman.

Probably an at&t rep. doing some espionage.

I don't like it much either, gives a lot of our Enemy's a bunch of ammunition. "Did you see that strange man dressed like a woman? God, they all seem to look like that!"

But, we have had this conversation before, and it almost always ends by people agreeing that no matter how God-Awful or strange, no matter how offensive, no matter how much like a **** or a weirdo they look like; we ALL have our "Bad Hair Days," and have no right to tell them how to dress or act! In this Country people have the Right to behave as they wish, as long as it doesn't effect The Rights of others. It probably hurts all of the rest of us in The T-Community, but we aren't in a position to judge if we want the rest of society to respect ALL of us.

Which is absolutely true! However, I just wish they wouldn't do it.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Last edited by sterling12; 05-20-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    I'm guessing a massive extrovert that is not long into cross-dressing. Or maybe a dare.

KAREN HUTTON YOU CRACK ME UP YOU CRAZY GAL

Quote Originally Posted by kittypw GG View Post
    I was at the verizon wireless store in my city and there was an obvious dude in a dress. Not only was he dressed inappropriately but he was wearing the most god aweful makeup, heavy hooker, over exaggerated makeup. He wore a blonde wig and kept flipping his hair while talking to the very accomodating verizon rep. All the while wasting everyone's time saying that he was saving up for the phone he wanted. Really?? Is this how cd's want to represent themselves? I felt sad and embarssed for him. Is being a women just a joke for some? Why do some want to make such a mockery of being a women? That is not how any women I know represents themselves. So tell me what gives?
    Sadly this is how many not most CDers represent the rest of us. I have rarely encountered a CDer in public where they were not dressed completely inappropriately. I think you see this more because the rest of us that are more reserved are also too reserved to leave home dressed.
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    work like you don't need the money,
    and dance as if no one is watching.
    Delila

They may not have anyone at home to help them with their hair and make up and don't know any better.
    Define "normal"

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I was just in the verizon store!! Didn't think I was flipping my hair that much! Lol.
    Karen you make me laugh. I seriously doubt that it was you I've seen your pictures and that was not even close to you. Sara, I agree it does affect perception. Similarialy, women who look over the top like barbie or have huge fake boobs also make a mockery of being a women in my opinion. It's hard to take the ones outside of the norm seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by CINDYO View Post
    who cares as long as he is not in a relationship/embarassing a GG by the nonsense, what ever turns his crank, he knows how rediculous his presentation is. Make your own deductions from that.
    But do you think he does know how rediculious his presentation is? When someone presents that way either male or female I am a tad bit offended. Women have fought hard to gain respect in this world and some still want to tear it down. Maybe its just to get attention? Some don't mind the negative kind. It's just puzzeling. I saw a women on a talk show the other day with boobs bigger than my dogs and lips to match. I'm also offended by that. Women are more than makeup, dresses, heels and boobs. Just saying.
    Last edited by Sandra; 05-20-2012 at 05:18 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, multi posting is not allowed please use the edit or multiquote function

Being ****ty and extreme is for parties where everyone knows who you are.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have to agree, if anyone os going out they should definitly be dressed appropriatly, and act like you are representing all the crossdressers in the world.

For me I would never attempt the Verizon store dressed as a lady. I almost always want to choke someone by the time I leave there. And that would not be appropriate for a lady.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I guess not everyone is perfect when they go out.

The sad thing is the better you look the less you are noticed in terms of passing.

I guess this person could have used some advice as to what they they need to do to improve

Maybe you should offer to help them Kitty ?
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I don't know if this person was trying to make women look bad or not. A lot of them do fine in that department themselves. It may have just been a beginner who though they passed better than they did and did what they thought women do. Seeing your part of the community, you took it as an insult while others, if they even paid attention, thought of it as a joke or such.

I am not saying your not right Kitty, some dressers really go over the top when out but most you would never know they are there
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathalieX66 View Post
    Sounds pretty tame compared to the pictures I see on the People of Walmart website.
    I wouldn't worry about it. This person doesn't speak for me.
    And to think of how many people on here post about shopping at Walmart..... just saying LOL

I am really surprised someone goes out that way. I work real hard trying to pass. Don't think I succeed, but I would never put myself into that obvious a position. Like the comments of others, let's hope this was a "bet" or something out of the ordinary.

Not a look I would aspire to, but then neither is the "slob" look and I see plenty of both men and women dressed like that. At the end of the day we don't know their back story, so judging them based on a chance meeting in a store strikes me as somewhat harsh. Live and let live I say!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Miriam
    I'm bothered by anything that validates the negative stereotypes that many people have of crossdressers. Clearly there are a number of different flavors amongst our ranks, but it seems it would be best if those who abandon dignity in their clothing choices keep it private out of respect for those of us who are trying to increase public acceptance.

In the historical context, each civil rights struggle has been advanced by those who embraced their uniqueness with dignity, showing the world their best sides. Do we think that blacks, hispanics, or gays would have succeeded in entering the mainstream if the least dignified members were the most visible element? Please, if you're going to display in public, show the type of dignity that would make people proud to welcome you.

Miriam

Quote Originally Posted by YorkshireRose View Post
    Not a look I would aspire to, but then neither is the "slob" look and I see plenty of both men and women dressed like that. At the end of the day we don't know their back story, so judging them based on a chance meeting in a store strikes me as somewhat harsh. Live and let live I say!
    Thank you Rose, I was wondering if someone would say it before I got to the bottom of this thread! It sounds like the judgment police are up in arms again. I've been to walmart, and they are not the only one, I've seen women in the stores, in a old tee, and pajama bottoms, and things so scary I won't mention them here. I've never thought it reflected bad on all women, just the one standing there looking like a fool. Same goes for men, and crossdressers. Whewn you go out, you don't represent me, and I don't represent you. I don't care how you look, if you get read, then you didn't get away with it, and if you didn't, who knows your there anyway. So at least this fool, showed the world, men can wear what they want, the the world be damnned, a lot of us in the closet wish we where that brave!
    Tina B.
    "Judge not, lest yea be judged" I don't get to church, but I belive that's the way it goes.
    Last edited by Tina B.; 05-20-2012 at 08:17 AM.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.