Thread: Dressing for Wife

Dressing for Wife

So although my wife and I are going through some hard times she is still supportive of who I am and what makes me happy. She has never seen me dressed before and wasn't sure she wanted to until after we take a break to rediscover ourselves. We have a nice dinner planned for Saturday and she asks "So are you going to dress up for me?" I replied of course I was going to wear some nice clothes that evening. She replied thats not the type of dressing she was referring to.

It took me aback that she brought it up. I am excited and nervous at the same time about it. I told her to pick the day and you'll get to see Shannon. I then gave her the opportunity to decide if she would rather see the completed process or watch. She opted to watch...talk about stress and a so much for a steady hand during eyeliner application. LOL

Wish me luck

Aspiring Member

Good luck Shannon

This is an excellent chance to introduce your Fem-avatar to your wife, especially as she asked to meet her. Watching the process will be interesting too, sort of like getting ready for a beauty pageant.

Good luck and have fun.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

good luck Shannon hope all works out well for both of you could be the begining of a fantasic life togeather just love her with all your heart
    hugs
    Ronda

Shannon, what a great breakthrough and opportunity for you. Best of luck and please let us know how it goes.

- April

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Shannon,

My wife helped me to prepare for my first time completely dressed, with make-up and hair. I think the slow transfer from he to she is easier to digest, a bit like sipping a drink you've never tasted. We rarely gulp first time, so I hope the analogy is reasonable?

Wishing many happy days ahead for you both.

Rebecca x
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Miriam
    Even though I had dressed and used makeup before showing my girlfriend (now my wife), I was very nervous as well. What helped most was letting her help and advise me with the makeup and clothing choices. Not only did it improve the look and ease my nerves, it also let her become a partner in the activity. Anything you can do to make your wife part of the most intimate parts of your life should improve your relationship, perhaps even turning this "liability" into an "asset".

Miriam

Lots of luck Shannon. Let us know how it goes! The first time my wife and I went out together, we had a lot of fun until I had an extra glass of wine which ruined the night. But we've been out 4 times and it's usually a lot of fun.

Hi Shannon that is wonderful news and quite daunting I suspect. As others have said hopefully your SO will want to take an active role. If nothing else hope it goes well for you both

Hugs Charlotte
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dressing for her the first time is nerve wracking...it certainly was for me.
    After that it became natural and so easy.

Have fun and look your best.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

That is good news Don't be afraid to ask her for here advice while you are getting ready, but if she doesn't want to then don't push it, most of all make it fun and light hearted.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

When I told my GF, she was interested in seeing me dressed. I showed her all of my clothes, wigs and jewelry. She asked when I would dress up for her. We decided a couple of days later. She too wanted to watch. Since she wanted to watch I then said she needed to do my makeup. I thought this might soften the blow since she would be thinking of applying the makeup and not really paying attention to the transformation. She now asks when she will see Stephanie. She enjoys our time together weather its BF-GF or just two girls having fun.

Have fun with the dinner date. Hope all goes well.

Banned Read only
    I believe women who are acting in the manner of your wife are gems. They have been startled with something they were not prepared for. However, they have evaluated the overall relationship and the attributes of their man and decided the relationship is worth keeping. Keep us updated on how the revelation goes.

funny how things work out, although i am not married my girl friend helped with the makeup the first time and we had a good time. after she said it was ok fun but she didn't want to do it every time we are together, but now when we are together all she can talk about is when can we get it together again and "did you see that cute outfit?" you would look great in it, when would i like to go shopping for a few things and let me show you the new makeup i bought. she now talks about her crossing into the male role with a suit and a fake mustache so we can do the town together!

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Great News Shannon!
    I have been dressing at home for a year with my wife, But is still feel self conscious putting on Makeup and being 'exposed' in my undies and bra.
    Silly yes and when she does see me its all in my head. She is accepting and usually fixes a fashion fuupah before i get all dressed up and have to change.
    Life is wonderful and ask her to help you with your makeup and dress selection, Its a lot fun for both of you and she can feel apart of the creation.
    Good Luck
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Hey Shan. You kwow how I feel good luck Honey!!!!

It's just been reasently that my wife has been more comfortable seeing me dressed and getting dressed and it is good to feel at ease....................Debra

Revel in the moment and ask her if she would do the tricky bit.
    Good luck

Roxie
    Hugs & Kisses

Gold Member
    Best of luck on your "Date" with dressing. Please let us know how it goes, I bet
    there are many who would need advice on what to do in a circumstance like yours.
    Rader

Thank you everyone for your advice for this upcoming day. I am looking forward to it and I hope that it all goes well. When she picks the day I will let you know how it all goes, so stay tuned for the updates.

Well I promised an update and here it goes...

Friday night I was the night that my wife picked for me to dress for her. We cooked dinner and ate together then I went back to the room to change. I put on a pink/magenta bra and panty set from VS. I placed my breast forms in the cups and pulled on a floral summer dress. I grabbed my bag of makeup and went to the bathroom to start putting on makeup. She came in with a drink and briefly watched for a bit as I applied my foundation. I continued on with my eye shadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush and lipstick. I went back to the bedroom to step into my heels and put on my wig and she calls out asking where I am. She quickly finds me and comments that I make a pretty girl.

We go back into the living room and finish a couple cocktails. She says that I needed to touch up some of my eyeliner which she helped me with. She asked to experiment with my gel eyeliner and ended up loving it. We went and got her some the very next day. Back in the living room she then painted my toes so that I can show them off in my peep toe heels.

Overall it was a great night. It doesn't really fix a lot of the problems that are plaguing the relationship, but its a step in the right direction. It was great to show her Shannon and amazing that she wanted to help with parts of the process.

It sounds like you both had a good time. You are each now evaluating the experience and it will be interesting to see how things develop. It was nice that she complimented you and that she wanted to experiment a bit with the makeup.

At this point the tough thing for us is to cool it a bit and let things settle. Of course we all want to ask "what did you think?" but this kind of forces the issue. Perhaps a better approach is one of saying to her "I really enjoyed dressing for you on Friday" and letting her pick up the conversation (or not pick it up) as she desires.

Hugs, Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Miriam
    Sounds like it went well, Shannon, and that both of you handled it with style.

Good luck as you work through the other problems you mention, and don't let the crossdressing get in the way.

Miriam

When is the next session? Keep us posted.

Banned Read only
    Congratulations on this new first for you. It's sounds so similar to the first time I became Tara in front of my wife. Take it slow and easy for now. Try not to get very excited with this acceptance by overdoing it. I sort of made that mistake a while back. I showed my wife Tara one Friday night and the feeling to be in front of another person like that was wonderful , but for the other person to be my beloved wife, the feeling is tremendous. Excitement set in very strong. At long last I am accepted. Then the pink fog set in, and my crossdressing became my only thoughts and or interest's for a long time and that was a mistake that I made. I know that now, but I didn't know it back then. How was I to know? I learned from experience and from all of the wonderful members on this site helped me to see that mistake. I think the key is to not over do it.
    I'm so glad to hear that your wife is accepting this, and that the both of you had a good time with this. Congratulations,
    L&R..................Tara