Thread: to incorporate cross dressing into your everyday life

to incorporate cross dressing into your everyday life

hey,

i read a lot of threads of people who wear androgyne or female clothing in their everyday life. some let their hair grow out or use clear nail polish. they don't exactly crossdress, but they incorporate it in their everyday life.
    i think this is very interesting and maybe i should do it, too.

i have a few questions to those, who live their life that way.

how does your family and friends react?
    how does stranger react?
    does the good feeling of doing these things outweigh the negative comments?
    some crossdressers need the two "extreme sides"; to be a manly man and sometimes to be a woman. how do you feel to be always "in between"?

to be honest... i already lived my life this way. i was very feminine/androgyne. but the way people treated me was very displeasing. no one ever attacked me physically, but they treat you different when you "break the rules"
    in consequences of some events i went back to dress more male. at first it felt great, because people treated me in a better way and i felt comfortable. but now i miss something and i think about dressing more androgyne again.

I wear make up on a regular in male mode (but only foundation and mascara). My friends and family find it kind of strange and thinks it makes me look like a girl. At work no one says anything really. One of my co workers compliments me on it and I've had a few customers say that I look like a model or I look like I do theater. I wouldn't go to work dressed up though I just don't feel like its the place for it (I work in a hotel gift shop) especially with the fact that I don't have a very convincing female voice. Maybe when I get that down I may consider working en femme, like front desk or something (but that may not be likely no time soon). Everyone just about knows I cross dress anyway so it's not surprising to anyone
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please

I have long arylic nails, pierced ears, no hair on body, thin arched eybrows. I wear girls clothes in drab, tight low rise jeans, bra, panties, t, shoes, braclet, girls base ball hat (I am bald) perfume, some light makeup, ..Nobody has ever said anything to my face...

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Have earrings in everyday, no body hair, clear polish on fingers - french tips on toes... Most people simpily do not care what you wear.
    as for family.. my wife is the only one that really opposes the feminine style.
    I have had people tell me that my toes look great... just a few days ago standing in line at the store a woman gave me a nice compilmant about how great it was to see a man that cares, "I wish my husband would care enough"... I told her thanks she just made mt day!
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

Aspiring Member

My experience

I wear pierced earrings 24/7, usually CZ studs but hoops too, I also wear a necklace regardless of mode of dress. I also have shoulder-length hair and I carry a purse, the present one is a leather shoulder bag. I typically wear fem tops or t-shirts because I like them and they have larger necklines and are more comfortable. Fem jeans are pretty frequent too. What you can't see; panties and a crop-top. Sometimes I wear a discrete nail polish.

So I do incorporate cross dressing into my everyday life. It has been almost a non-event to everyone else. I remember one favorable comment from a SA about my hoop earrings. Nobody else has made any comments, and there have been no problems. Feminine pronoun use is not uncommon but it is only creates a humorous situation, no problems.

The "take away" message; if you are polite and smile a lot nobody much cares how you look.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

The kind of looks you get depend a little on where you live. I try to stay just below the radar when I'm close to home. I might wear 2-3 femme things, knowing that four things will put me over the top. However, if I'm going where no one knows me, then I take more chances. Let them look!

Well, for me it's completely hairless nose to toes...earrings (2) in each ear, tweezed and shaped eyebrows, longish fingernails with clear polish and mostly women's clothing (jeans, t-shirts, sneakers/mules/flats), and always in panties. I've had some comments on my nails, but that about it. When someone asks I just tell them I like to keep them nice as I used to bite them. No one seems to notice the clothing as really they aren't that different from mens anyway.
    I reserve my makeup and hair for when I go out somewhere, not for every day life.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

you all tell me what you are wearing (what is great!), but i want to know why you are doing this. do you feel more in balance? do you feel more like your "true self"?
    why don't you dress like a manly man and just sometimes like a woman?

I think that men should be as comfortable wearing clothes from the women's department as women are in wearing clothes found it the men's department. I have found that the following women’s clothes are suitable for wearing "out".

!) Pants: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops and a bare back is usually uncomfortable when seated. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. A slip with adjustable straps, lace trim, and a bodice is even OK as it is covered and feminine features aren’t apparent. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on pants.

4) Bra: This is generally not considered an adrogynous item, but it can be useful in “boy mode” to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders

5) Pantyhose: An MD suggested that I wear support pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and non-opaque pantyhose are OK and are more available.

6) Purse: Keeping a wallet, comb, notepad, phone, and keys in pants pockets is awkward as it is hard to extract them when seated, and pockets in women’s pull on pants are often not very deep anyway. My “solution” is to use a small shoulder purse, which can either be worn or secured in a basket when that is available.

p.s. I once accidently wore clear nail polish to a business lunch. I'm sure it was noticed, but there was no disscernable reaction and nothing was said.

Aligning her body & soul sierra_g's Avatar
    My SO has become comfortable with little bits here and there. She plucked my eyebrows into a slightly fem shape, and I have a light brown eyeliner that makes my eyes pop and a shadow that I use to make my nose look more slender and also to shade my eyebrows a bit. Sometimes I use a bit of lip hi-gloss, and I use Secret deodorant and some scented lotion to get a nice scent (gotta get a better scented lotion though). I've never been a big fan of man scents, and I feel that one of the first things people notice is a smell. I also wear women's socks when I wear socks, but usually I am in flipflops or just bare feet.

If she was more comfortable, and I could find a reason to tell our friends/family, I would get my ears pierced and wear a bit more makeup. Baby steps though.

The other day, I was in very very light makeup and we went out shopping and to dinner. We stopped at Walmart and a teenage girl noticed it and went snickering to her friends. I saw them look over at me, so I made eye contact and smiled (almost busted out laughing). In this small town, I probably blew their little minds, but it was fun.

Silver Member
    I dress as I preceived that I would when I was young before I learned boys don't wear that. I like women's clothes. The look, the feel, the movement but I've never wanted to be a woman sexually. I love women and enjoy there company. I've never been a guy's guy type of person. I would rather shop with women that watch a football game.

I wear women's shorts and jeans almost exclusively. Do wear men's t-shirts as much as women's since I get them for free often. Most all my tops are women's and shirts are all women's except for maybe 5 that I have for "family" events etc. Of course panties and bras most of the time. I don't wear makeup except for special occasions and neither do most of the women my age where I live. Used to wear dresses when not at work, but no one does anymore except for maxies around the pool.

I'm pretty open about my choice of clothes. I don't pretend to be anyone other than who I am. If a neighbor knocks I answer the door. Most want to know if I can help them do soemthing or ask a question. If they can see my bra they never say anything. They wouldn't say anything if they saw my wife's bra. I do keep my life private in that I don't push my personal choices on others.

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    I don't pretend to be anyone other than who I am.
    This is pretty much me all the way, too. I've replaced most of my menswear with women's versions, but it's not always apparent. I wear long hair and probably have a somewhat feminine manner. I see "dressing up"-- putting on makeup, a dress, heels and so forth much the way an average women does when going to a special occasion. I don't do the duel identity thing, really. I'm always just me.

~ Lyric ~

Quote Originally Posted by lucaluca View Post

i have a few questions to those, who live their life that way.

how does your family and friends react?
    No one has said anything. On occasion someone will ask where I bought the shoes or slacks or shirt. I just tell them and then they go onto something else.
    how does stranger react?
    First let me say I don't really care how a stranger will react. Ain't nobody's business but my own. And to answer the question, nobody has ever said anything
    does the good feeling of doing these things outweigh the negative comments?
    never had negative comments. On any given day I am wearing 50-100% clothing that were purchased from the "women's" section of the store. Today I have on shorts the zip "backwards". No one has ever noticed. Now to make this all fit in let me say I am not wearing sequins, rhinestones, lace (that shows) or 4" heels. My clothing includes slacks or shorts, a pullover shirt, sandals (fisherman or huarache') in the summer and slip on loafers when sandals are not appropriate. I don't give a darn about what people think about what is under that (but today they are boyshorts with lace). When people complain that women get to wear what they want I just laugh because that allows me to wear what they wear and not be noticed.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    I dress as I preceived that I would when I was young before I learned boys don't wear that. I like women's clothes. The look, the feel, the movement but I've never wanted to be a woman sexually. I love women and enjoy the[ir] company.

I wear women's shorts and jeans almost exclusively. Do wear men's t-shirts as much as women's since I get them for free often. Most all my tops are women's and shirts are all women's except for maybe 5 that I have for "family" events etc. Of course panties and bras most of the time. I don't wear makeup except for special occasions and neither do most of the women my age where I live. Used to wear dresses when not at work, but no one does anymore except for maxies around the pool.

I'm pretty open about my choice of clothes. I don't pretend to be anyone other than who I am. If a neighbor knocks I answer the door. Most want to know if I can help them do soemthing or ask a question. If they can see my bra they never say anything.
    My wife accepts all of my clothing choices, and has bought them for me, except the bra which
    currently exceeds her "acceptability" limits. Although her's fit, and wearing a bra makes it less likely that non-adjusteble straps will "wander", she says "boy's don't wear bras".
    Last edited by sfwarbonnet; 05-21-2012 at 03:06 PM.

I am lucky that most of the time I telecommute and that I do not have to be concerned about co-workers. When I am in the office, I still carry my small purse and have the longer unisex hair cut. Nothing has ever been said.

It is not uncommon for me to wear paints, tops and even shoes that are purchased in the “women’s” department. For the most part they the look is very androgynies. I do wear earrings all the time and frequently both by toes and fingers have colored nail polish. Even mascara and eyeliner.

I have never had a stranger say a negative comment to me. In fact I have even had compliments on my nails and earrings.

Richelle

Well I was out shopping the other day, wearing a pair of femmine jeans, socks and shoes, above the waist I was all guy. But I do have long natural nails, that I don't wear polish on when I go out, but at times I do wear a clear polish, to protect them. Well I'm in the check out line, with an Orchid I was buying my sife, when this big burly guy behind be starts asking about the Orchid. Well as I'm telling him about them, I talk with my hands a lot, he stops in mid conversation, and asked, "Do you play Guitar", I jsut said no, and went on talking about the Orchid, but he noticed the nails for sure. I used to tell my kid, it was a nail strenghtner, but I don't know if he bought it.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Aspiring Member

Why do I wear Fem...? Because I want to!

Yes it is a choice but it is mine. You may as well ask why women wear male clothing.

Besides, there is comfort and price. Women's t-shirts and pull-on tops have larger necklines and I do not like tight crew-neck male shirts. Fem jeans are softer and have stretch. These items are also often cheaper on sale, women's fashion styles change almost overnight and stores discount old styles to make room for the new. Men's styles have barely changed in 30-years, or more. I recently picked up several Fem-jeans for prices between $5 and $10, try that with men's jeans. Fem clothing also comes in nicer colors, men's stuff is most often the color of mud. As for skirts, well... LOL. I like them; but only at home so far.

Do I worry about what others think, about as much as I worry about what they think about my pickup truck; which is to say not at all. Besides, most people worry more about how they are perceived so they don't pay attention to me.

The only rule is there are no rules,
    Hugs,
    Sandra1746