Page 15 of 83 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Female Name

Sophia comes from the word for wisdom but i was almost alyssa...still may be...what are the rules on tgirls changing their names...is that totally lame or not?

sonia the name given by my ex lover

Daisy is actually comes from a play on my nick name in drab. Daiz -> Daizy -> Daisy.

Banned Read only
    Diane is the name my parents had picked out for me if I'd been born female. (My mother has said more than once that I should have been born a girl.)

I call myself Cindy,

Aspiring Member
    I used to admired Sir Thomas More, an important adviser to Henry the VIII. He had a home in Chelsea and I have just loved that name. I named my basset hound Chelsea, but I hope I don't look like her. I'm going to change my last name too to my mother's maiden name - Ertel and for a middle I'm taking my mother's middle name - Jean.

Chelsea Jean Ertel

Sometimes you get your name via inspiration. Tiffany seemed appropriate at the time it came to me. I also love what it means.

Shellie because I was hideing in my shell for so long

I have alway been called by my middle name which is Kelly. I have always hated it as a boys name. It seems that all through school there was a cute girl in my class named Kelly, made it a little awkward. I loved Kelly as a girls name so I figured it was a good female name for me. No confusion when I'm dressed the wife just calls me Kelley

At first, I went with Beth who was my first crush in 3rd grade. About 5 years ago, I started going by Alyson because of a picture I saw of Alyson Hannigan where we were ironically dressed the same way(red hair and all). So, I started going by that and actually like it better then Beth
    Never meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste great dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles

I'm a RED member

I was the third of 3 boys, my parents wanted a girl (little did they know they had one) and my name was suppose to be Rhonda Ann.

I chose Melanie because I have a pretty aunt with that name.

Family friends had a daughter Presciila who was very pretty, so when as a young teen I began dressing I imagined I was as pretty as her.
    I should like to point out this was 40+ years ago before " Prescilla the movie".

The World is my Home.....I'll be in Nicaragua for the next 4 months
    I didn't have to choose a feminine name. I was given the name, Cristine. Growing up I hide my beautiful name because of being teased so much in childhood. So I went by Cris all through adulthood. I am just coming to peace and embracing my feminine name as well as my feminine self.

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    When I was a young crossdresser my sister was always trying to come up with a movie star name for herself. It got my imagination going about a girls name for myself.I think I went through a hundred names. My mother always called me by a feminized version of my first name (I really hated it) when she was about to dress me up as a girl for my Cub Scout skits for Pack meeting. Now when I came out to my wife latter in life I still had not chosen a name to go by until joining some other forums.

The name I chose has some irony; I chose the name because of that. Shaylee has it's origin from Irish roots and obscure legends. It seems in the very early stories of fairies (the ones with wings) one of the names they used for them was "Shaylee". Also they appeared to all be girls even though they had no gender. The Irish had to be very care with their boys so the fairies would not steal them. The fairies placed a high value on boys so as to do their manual labor for the them. When they became to old to manage they would turn them into girls and send them home. Thus I chose my name from from characters that appeared to be a female but really wasn't. And as stories go things got changed and it was more romantic in the Victorian age to have fairies more benevolent to humans so the story changes.

Also just a sideline up to the World War I, in some of the rural areas of Ireland the families used to dress their young boys as girls. They would put a boarder around the bottom of the skirt so everyone would know that it was a boy and not a girl and the girls did not have the boarder. that was the only apparent difference, I guess the secret was kept from the fairies because they found no value in girls as they did in boys. So the boys were safely hidden from the fairies in plain site until boys were at an age where they could not be managed by the fairies and/or could protect themselves from the fairies.

So I'm either a Fairy who looks like a girl or a boy who is hiding from Fairies that dresses like a girl, either way it fits me.
    Last edited by shayleetv; 11-08-2012 at 11:33 AM.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

Wink

I just wanted something that sounded girly and feminine. I thought Jessica sounded quite sexy too!?

I chose the name Henna, as it was the name of my first girlfriend a long time ago

I also like the name much, as it's pronounced so softly in my native language.

Sarah was tha name my parents would have given me if I was a girl, also coincidentally the first girl I ever had relations with. It has always been a name that sounds beautiful to me.

I chose Cara because my last GF and a very important part of my life, even if we barely speak now. Although her name was spelled Kara. I just thought I'd switch it up. It is a very beautiful name as well.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I mentioned mine in a previous thread that's rolled off...

My mother had only three boys, and never got to use the first and middle names she wanted to give a girl, "Amy Gale." I (her firstborn) have given those names a home. (She might have spelled the middle name "Gail," but I like the "Gale" spelling better. For that matter, she might have spelled the first name "Aimee"...)

My femme last name, "Tapie," I took from my mother's mother's maiden name. I'm not sure Grandma would understand, but it felt right.

My other middle name, "Ruth," comes from the name of the first mesh avatar developed for Second Life. For a long time, there was a glitch where your shape would fail to be sent to other people's viewers when you teleported in, so you would appear with Ruth's shape. We called it "getting Ruthed." The effect could be hilarous, especially on a nominally-male avatar. They've since eliminated that glitch, by leaving you as a white blob of mist until your shape catches up, but you can still get the original "Ruth" shape from the library.

One of the things I enjoy doing is practicing signing my femme name. It looks neater than my male signature does.

- Amy
    Last edited by AmyGaleRT; 01-21-2013 at 01:39 AM. Reason: finally spelled out my femme last name :)
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Am from India, the short of my real name is Jessi .. that name being andro.. kind of got stuck with me as my femme name... but I extended to Jessica, because I just it was more appropriate <giggles>
    xoxo

There is no special significance to Melissa, I simply have always liked it and found it beautiful.

Marcy is very similar to my male name, I think it is very feminine, plus I just like it. Incidentally, me feminine personality started to come out much more strongly when I "gave birth" to Marcy recently, not sure if having a female name caused this or not, but I am much happier now.

Marcy

Hi all

Ssoonnaa name is what l like ... This. The name of best friend girl for me when I was 6years old

Feeling Very Pretty AshleyMadison's Avatar
    I'm new to the forum and the community. I have never even considered a female name before and I am very excited to be thinking about it now. Brain is alive with ideas.