Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sometimes, you just have to have a sense of humor about it all!

Fearlessly Independent RebeccaLynne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MandyGG View Post
    Debby, If it happens again, I think we are going to have to say something.... because the purse was black and SILVER! gasp!!!!
    Mandy, your son may grow up to be a crossdresser... but it could be worse, given his purse selection.

Might be a budding Oakland Raiders fan... can't imagine anything more distasteful in your neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by BRANDYJ View Post
    Marie, another great thing is that after you get those 10 posts, you will be able to send and receive private messages to those that you want to talk to and get to know better. When you get there, you can vent to me all you want. I'm old enough to be your grandpa, but maybe I have some thoughts that will help you should you want a CD/man's view point.
    Brandy I would like that very much. I have read a lot of posts that both you and Mandy have written and thought that both of you would be very good for me to talk to, if you'd let me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marie GG View Post
    Brandy I would like that very much. I have read a lot of posts that both you and Mandy have written and thought that both of you would be very good for me to talk to, if you'd let me.
    Let you? I would be honored Marie. BTW, I had a younger sister named Marie. She passed away from cancer over 10 years ago. As for Mandy, I'd stay away from her. She's crazy. Have you seen her profile picture? But then again, that's why I heart her so much.

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Well, Look at what all I missed while I was cooking dinner!!!! (I made sloppy joes, for those that may want to know! Don't give me a hard time... I have 3 kids, so the dinner choice makes sense! LOL!)

Marie, Mandy is putting it mildly. I remember when she first came aboard. She was nearly a basket case or emotions. I've watched her in these past 2 years become one of the brightest and active members here. I have nothing but love and respect for her. Please get those 10 posts in so you can join FAB. There you can say things that you don't want any of us CD members ease dropping on. If FAB is a big reason Mandy came a long way, then it's doing it's job of helping wives and SO's with their worries, concerns and e need to know you are far from alone.
    FAB was a MAJOR factor in my acceptance!!! HUGE! MASSIVE!!! MONUMENTAL!!! It's true, though, I was a M.E.S.S.!!

Brandy- I am working on the posts, I very much would like to join the FAB group.
    I waited a long while before even looking at this forum. I was too up and down before. I didn't want to lash out at someone here. Now I think I am at a place where I can edit myself and not post on a day when I am feeling frustrated, but it would be nice to have someone who understands to vent to.
    When you are in FAB, you wont have to worry about biting your tongue. That is what we are there for.... to get our frustrations out and help each other through them!! Please make your 10 posts and do your phone interview!!!

Marie, another great thing is that after you get those 10 posts, you will be able to send and receive private messages to those that you want to talk to and get to know better. When you get there, you can vent to me all you want. I'm old enough to be your grandpa, but maybe I have some thoughts that will help you should you want a CD/man's view point.
    You may want to take him up on this! He was the first CD ever to reach out to me, and help me see things from the male point of view. He is a wonderful person, and worth his weight in gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    Marie, for what it is worth, my wife and I are working our way through this by both realizing that this is just one part (good or bad) of our relationship and life together. We communicate honestly and we both give a little. Seems to be working but it does take time. My wife recently said to me that "I KNOW that you are still you." That was about the best present I could have gotten!

Debby
    This is great, Debby! That is all a wife really wants.... to make sure that the man she married is still the man she married. Is she a member here?

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaLynne View Post
    Mandy, your son may grow up to be a crossdresser... but it could be worse, given his purse selection.

Might be a budding Oakland Raiders fan... can't imagine anything more distasteful in your neck of the woods.
    Shut Your Mouth!!! The only color that goes with silver in this town is BLUE!!!!! LOL!!!

I would love to help you! There are so many amazing GG's here, and we are all in different levels of our acceptance.... and that is so great when you have different viewpoints on the same topic in FAB. We mesh really well together. Can't wait to have you there with us!!

Let you? I would be honored Marie. BTW, I had a younger sister named Marie. She passed away from cancer over 10 years ago. As for Mandy, I'd stay away from her. She's crazy. Have you seen her profile picture? But then again, that's why I heart her so much.
    Again, Brandy, you are correct. I am a flippin' loon! One step away from the straight jacket! (But, it will go so well with my tomato eyes!)
    Real Men (Among Others! ) Wear Panties

Well, Look at what all I missed while I was cooking dinner!!!! (I made sloppy joes, for those that may want to know! Don't give me a hard time... I have 3 kids, so the dinner choice makes sense! LOL!)

Now that's funny! You made a typical single man's dinner (My SO lives 1200 miles away, so single in the sense of dinner alone anyway) today while I slow cooked a bone in pork roast garnished with sliced potatoes and cut carrots. Sat down to a feast of melt in your mouth pork smothered in cold apple sause and the juicy potatoes and carrots. Crock pots are great! Yeah, i'm stuffed!

Audrey Michelle's SO
    I am so jealous!!! My sloppy joes are fantastic, dont get me wrong, but they aint no pork roast and apple sauce!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MandyGG View Post
    This is great, Debby! That is all a wife really wants.... to make sure that the man she married is still the man she married. Is she a member here?
    Yes, but a very infrequent visitor. ForeverGirl.
    Debby

Brandy, I am sorry about your sister.

I am glad that all of you are so welcoming my first day posting! I will send you a message as soon as I get my posts
    Maybe I'll have to think twice about Mandy

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Quote Originally Posted by Debglam View Post
    Yes, but a very infrequent visitor. ForeverGirl.
    I will keep an eye out for her!

Brandy, I am sorry about your sister.

I am glad that all of you are so welcoming my first day posting! I will send you a message as soon as I get my posts
    Maybe I'll have to think twice about Mandy
    Good idea! You don't want to get mixed up with the likes of me! I come from the other side of the tracks, so I am trouble!

Wait... When did I turn into a teenage boy from the 50's or a John Hughes movie!?!?

Mandy the more of your posts that I read, the more I like you. I think I am up to 8 now so almost there

Oh Mandy, this made me <3 Audrey!! (also your adorable little chitluns running around!) it also made me super proud of your acceptance and sense of humor, too!

You know, though... Your little guy COULD have been trying to show with that silver and black purse that he thinks the LA Kings are about to win the Stanley Cup?? And the gold shoes are to show that cup is more precious than gold! He's not trying to show you he's coming out of the closet as a cross dresser, he's trying to come out of the closet as a hockey fan!

Audrey Michelle's SO
    Quote Originally Posted by Babeba View Post
    Oh Mandy, this made me <3 Audrey!! (also your adorable little chitluns running around!) it also made me super proud of your acceptance and sense of humor, too!

You know, though... Your little guy COULD have been trying to show with that silver and black purse that he thinks the LA Kings are about to win the Stanley Cup?? And the gold shoes are to show that cup is more precious than gold! He's not trying to show you he's coming out of the closet as a cross dresser, he's trying to come out of the closet as a hockey fan!
    That is possible Babs.... considering I know nothing about hockey! He is giving me clues that I need to head north soon! Hmm.... what, oh, what would give me a reason to head north soon!?!