Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At odds with x-dressing?

At odds with x-dressing?

Do any of you take part in any activities, hobbies, pastimes etc which may seem at odds with being a x-dresser.

My SO and I are both naturists - weather permitting we are often go naked around the house and nowadays tend to go to naturist locations for holidays and weekend breaks. I always take soem cd things with me, for if I get the chance to go out into the "textile" world.

One advantage with being a naturist, no one questions the hairless body - it's quite common for naturist men to be "smoothies".

I'm a professional assasin. But with the right shoes and lipstick I can carry it off.

(Hold still dammit........... + POW!)

Karate & Kickboxing instructor

Nu from Kissimmee

At odds

Paraglider plilot.

Don't know if this qualifies, i'm always rummaging about in computers.
    Luv Ya! :be:

I think a whole lot of us rummage around, in, on and about computers.

I don't know what its like in the UK but here in Canada there are very very few GG's in the computer business.

I'm quite often dressed when I'm programming or something and don't have to leave home.

If I have to do something physical like fixing or building, I do it in drab as I don't want to get my girl's stuff messed up. It just that I keep ruining my nails.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

At Odds

I would say so I am a construction worker Macho guy.There is a certain immage that you have to project anything feminine would be desaterous to ones health,plus I like to ride my motorcycle another thing that dosen't fit with my femm side go figure.

Veronica

Lingerie is the poetry in a womans closet.

I have a sport import that I modify. It really doesn't make me feel like much of a girl, or inspire me to wear nice clothes to ruin. And wine coolers just don't go well with engines, I don't care who says so

Fun to drive it in heels though .
    All wheel drive in three inch heels

I'm an artist, (paintings & drawings), and I also sing in a heavy metal band. In both these things wearing a skirt is the norm it would seem :O)

In-n-Out / Back-n-Forth / Shannon's Avatar
    My three favorite regular activities are figure skating, taking ballet lessons, and working out at the gym....the first two are clearly fem....and working out if for being a better skater, dance, guy, and gurl!

Well, I'm a computer science student and a programmer... Which is typically masculine... In the sense that not enough girls do it

I'm doing a ground up resto on a classic muscle car. I do wear [SIZE="1"]panties[/SIZE][SIZE="2"] while I work on it, and I continue to break nails, but this chick loves to go fast! I just hope no one notices me...

Kiva[/SIZE]

I like to fish and hunt. I know a lot of GG that like to fish but not so many that hunt. I am also an electrician. Not many woman in that field eather.
    keep on gurlin everyone. paula may

Computers - nongirly, but I'm not giving them up!

Driving (also sailing and flying) - since they're all about controlling a machine's movement through 2- and 3-space, requiring the ability to accurately percieve & control one's spatial orientation, one of the things males happen to be inherently better at. ...and I'm not giving them up, either!
    [SIZE=1]
    Marge, you being a cop makes you the Man, which makes me the woman. And I have no interest in that!

...besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which, as we discussed, is strictly a comfort thing.
    ~ H. Simpson

Silly goose, of course that's not me in my avatar![/size]

I'm an engineer, which in and of itself isn't that gender centered. You do see more men as engineers than women, but I don't see the job itself as fixing on males moreso than females.

HOWEVER, I work in a mill full of gruff, dirty maintenance guys, and I do see the need to "keep up appearances" and not do anything that would draw attention to me.

Truckdriver, a mostly male world.
    Hugs Jodi Lynn

Well, considering that if I were to show up to work wearing a nice dress, I'd be laughed at, skewered, beat up, hated on, and fired, I'd have to say that the answer is yes. I am in such a field. But I think you're really asking how many of us work in traditionally macho man dominated fields. If that's the question, my answer depends on how many computer geeks are real macho guys. I'm in IT, and it varies between women, geeks, very male type guys, etc. But it's not exactly steelworking.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I race cars and ride mountian bikes and have raced bicycle motocross. All of these are male dominated but quite a few girls/women are into bicycles.
    Love & Hugggs,

Alison

Smile , it makes people wonder what your thinking!

hehe.... drama and theatre isn't exactly a proffession which is at odds with CDing... but it isn't quite true when they say you can be whoever you want to be in the theatre - yes you can be gay or bi, but transgenderism doesn't even penetrate the acceptance boundries in a place like the THEATRE!! ... oh well... i'll just be bi. xx

[size=3]Hugs xx[/size]

[size=2]"You don't have to be fat to be a lady", Sophie 2006[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Hey, those are nice shoes, but they'd look better in my pants! ... I mean..." Robot Chicken, 2006[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"He's just said a word we don't understand! And he's won at scrabble with it!" - Eddie Izzard 1998[/size]
    [SIZE=1]"Head over heels is fine, unless you're in stilettos." -The Beautiful South, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=1]"Forgive me. Let live, me." - Antony and the Johnsons 2005[/size]
    [SIZE="1"]"We walk amoung you..." TransAmerica, 2005[/SIZE]
    [size=3]THREAD SUCCESSFULLY HIJACKED[/size]

Thumbs up

i like julie like very fast car . while working on my car dressed does soil some of my girly stuff it makes the task of building and maintaing o lot more fun and a little less tirersome. and haveing my shoulder staps draped over my breast fourm is a way cool fealing for me.
    hugs

I'm an electrician and haven't seen any female tradespersons on site for a long time. You do see some occasionally

Only females are sales, interior designers or purchasers.

Have to keep my secret on site cause it's very male and macho. Do wonder if they notice I try to grow my nails long. They soon fill up with dirt or break!!!

Now the cold weather is comming , I'm looking forward to being able to wear tights under my jeans. Still have to be careful though.

I work in a auto factory, one of the BIG 3. You know red necks, white socks and.... With panties under my coveralls. Hobby gunsmith and love to shoot. Since the concealed carry was passed in Michigan, there might be a Smith & Wesson in my purse, with my makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Billijo49504
    I work in a auto factory, one of the BIG 3. You know red necks, white socks and.... With panties under my coveralls. Hobby gunsmith and love to shoot. Since the concealed carry was passed in Michigan, there might be a Smith & Wesson in my purse, with my makeup.
    I'd probably end up shooting myself as I pulled the gun from my purse instead on my lipstick.
    Last edited by Bernadina; 11-13-2005 at 09:54 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ol' Transgendisaurus Mandy Salamander's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I'm a herpetologist,,, actually I raise and breed several species of snakes, including boa constrictors,,, I s'pose that qualifies,,,,,[/SIZE]

I build computers for friends/family, tech support... I also do some woodworking in the basement. it can be conflicting at times because it's like "do I really want to wear a dress and get sawdust on it?"