Thread: taking a break

Aspiring Member

taking a break

I have decided to pack all my girl things away for awhile and take a break.I know better than to purge them. It has been a tough fast progressing last 6 months of CDing and I want to spend more man time with my wife, who is my top priority. Life continues as normal since the last few days. I'll wait it out a while and see how it goes. My top priority first=my wife. Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaQ View Post
    I have decided to pack all my girl things away for awhile and take a break.I know better than to purge them. It has been a tough fast progressing last 6 months of CDing and I want to spend more man time with my wife, who is my top priority. Life continues as normal since the last few days. I'll wait it out a while and see how it goes. My top priority first=my wife. Amanda
    It's good to keep your wife as a number 1 priority

Hope to see you back soon

Miriam
    You have the right priorities, so I applaud your move. To be realistic, I'd keep a couple small items available for some quiet satisfaction now and then.

Miriam

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I did the same thing many years ago. My late wife and I had 2 small children who didn't know that their father was a CD. I decided to make sure they didn't know by not CD'ing at all. My dear wife was, of course, totally supportive from day one of our marriage. But after 5 years of not CD'ing my wife begged me to start crossdressing again! She told me that she missed Stephanie in her life! I did start dressing again and haven't stopped yet!

You are very right! Your absolute top priority is your wife! Give her a big hug and Kiss!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Take a break when you can . Hell lets the air clear ,, My breaks are few an far between nowdayz . But alot of work or hobbys keep your mind busy . I took breaks for years sometimes ,, Does ya some good . Hope to see ya back after the break .
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I am taking a permanent break from the sites. Reading these threads is like watching Republicans and Democrats in congress. It amazes me how divided you all are on just about every subject. Good luck in the future, although I am pretty sure it will be short lived with the petty bickering that I see here on a daily basis. And no, I have not posted much at all....why should I? To fuel someone else's fire? I think not. I have much better things to do with my time.

Aspiring Member

thank you...

Thank you... I realize that I am probably more fortunate than most in most aspects of life, expecially my wife eventhough we did not get married for the reasons most do. It was more for an escape from something terrible for her and the doubling of a paycheck for me, absolutely nothing was discussed because it was planned on being short lived, none the less I don't think I could ever trade her for anything. Its 20 years later...make of the stars does things in a funny way sometimes. I don't want much changed other than I hope eventually I can get a few things added like CDing!!!!! We'll see... Amanda
    Last edited by JamieQ; 05-24-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Aspiring Member
    I can understand your stance on this. I too thought this was a CD-Tg "support" forum not a "petty bickering" forum. Even though I really do think most mean well with advise, I have never seen a "support" group attack so much because someone tried something different than they would have on a very hard subject to discuss with a SO. We are so diverse here that no one thing or method can fit everyone. I think part of the problem is also not being able to throw 100% of info or circumstances out here. But I am soooo glad I am here and I plan on continuing to get advise, because I really do appreciate your advises and warnings. Amanda

All the best Amanda. See you soon.

But I am sorry you feel that way about this place Katyana and Amanda.
    A little petty bickering is just a bit of fun for some of us.

Don’t take life too serious, I don’t and look at me.

Amanda, I commend you for putting your wife's feelings before your own. Sadly, I don't see that often enough among us. This time away may be just what your wife needs to sort out her feelings without any pressure. I sincerely wish you the very best.

Good idea Amanda. Much better then purging. I will be going on a trip in a couple weeks myself, so no dressing for me for a few weeks. Anyway, good luck, hope all goes well.

Aspiring Member
    Well...the break was short lived...I thought it probably would be. I moved and put most things away in a more secure place, but easy to get to. Could not resist , so I got a few things out and NEEDED to dress when I could. As mentioned in another post, my teenaged daughter is home. We all know teenagers, they are socializing or sleeping. That still leaves her presence at home, but I have some time of my own. Also as mentioned in other posts, I usually am a long skirt or pants type girl. Well, I did go get a denim miniskirt, and let me tell you what , I love it! That, a nice Thirt , flip flops and I am one very happy person, eventhough I am confined to a master bedroom presently. If I could, I feel like putting on some sunglasses, going out as I am dressed and taking a walk enfemme with the dog through the neigbourhood. I just wish I could do more with my body but that is not possible presently, but luckily my leg hair about knee and below is 99% gone, left with smooth tanned skin. Circumstances limit me now, but maybe someday I can really blossom out... maybe never... If I did not have this frustration (not being able fully express my feminity) I know it would be replaced by another frustrating thing in life. That helps me accept things as they are. I don't want to talk religion, but my mother always said we all have crosses to bear and there is practically no one who would turn one in and randomly pick another...most of us are very fortunate for what we have or do not have... Amanda

Taking a break myself for no specific reason other than the Pink Fog seems to have lifted quite a bit these past couple weeks. No purges. Done that before. Just packed away for a while.

Amanda... great move. Been there and it is the right thing... life is about priorities. I am certain it will come back so I am pleased that you are not purging... done that loads of times... for me personal relationships come tops! It is about support and commitment. Look after her!

Katyana... sorry to hear of your feelings about us and I apologise if I have been part of the bickering... I just regard it as healthy challenge, understanding and learning... I have met some amazing people here that I didn't like at first, but whom I now revere. There are 'trolls' and we have to deal with those... but most people here I have found to be well meaning and supportive... sometimes truly and amazingly supportive!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings

Breaks are good, even if it was short lived. I find that if we give ourselves some time to clear our heads, or try and stop thinking about one thing or another we get through life. Sometimes it does wonders to take a step back and look at life.I've taken many breaks, some because of the circumstances, others because I want to. In all cases it has done me some good.

Miriam
    Well, it was well intended Amanda. Despite the resumption, I hope you keep your eye on your original objective: time for your wife. I'm sure you can find room for both, as well as your daughter.

Miriam

Platinum Member
    Enjoy the break Amanda. It sounds like you've got a good relationship and sound priorities. I'm curious - does your wife know about your CDing? It seems that each of you has exceeded each other's expectations. Perhaps she'll do that again by embracing your feminine side.

RE: petty bickering, this really isn't a support group, although it can function like one. The mods do the best they can to keep all the children in line - but sometimes we all misbehave.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Enjoy the break Amanda. It sounds like you've got a good relationship and sound priorities. I'm curious - does your wife know about your CDing? It seems that each of you has exceeded each other's expectations. Perhaps she'll do that again by embracing your feminine side.

RE: petty bickering, this really isn't a support group, although it can function like one. The mods do the best they can to keep all the children in line - but sometimes we all misbehave.
    Yes, we have definitely exceeded each others expectations. Yes she knows but I think she is in denial, not able to accept it (not wanting to), or process it now. There has been other isolated incidents (seen by her in various pieces of womans' attire) during the past 20 yrs. I think that is why she was not shocked or upset. Amanda

Platinum Member
    Ever talk to her about CDing...even generally?

Aspiring Member
    Daughter went back with BF. I think its a bit sad to have an on and off relationship with so many other choices out there, oh well...life goes on.

Put pulling tractor back in barn to work on today..supposed to rain...wife not too happy about that time consumer...but then again the way I look at it...I could be doping or drinking, or something else, but I did not ever nor do not partake in things like that.

Yes, kimdl93, we have talked little about CDing over the years, but it always comes around to that I need to go to mass more or something like that. She almost had me a deacon...I went about half way through until I finally stood up and said no. It was something she wanted me to do, not me. Too bad, but she always is worried about image or how we stand up to others, especially her filipina frienda and husbands. We are probably better off than them anyway...I would rather take things the way they are than to take them in for someting else... Amanda

Aspiring Member
    Still "trying" to take break... Amanda

Amanda, Midwesterner here too, after 28 yrs in Wa state. I know about that saying, "each has his cross to bear." And we have our CROSS-DRESSING to bear!