Thread: Help with a name

Help with a name

I'm still undecided what to choose as my girly alias. Do any of you know a name site that sends a name suggestion daily, or something like this?
    And any votes on my current favourites (Nicola, Jennifer, Pamela, Rebecca, Dorothy, Lana) would also be appreciated! My real name is Nigel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]Trying to hide my girliness a little less everyday, all suggestions appreciated. Check out my cardigans, and my wishlist ones, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8842813@N06/[/SIZE]

How about Cassandra?

Not sure, but Sandra's nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaSC View Post
    How about Cassandra?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]Trying to hide my girliness a little less everyday, all suggestions appreciated. Check out my cardigans, and my wishlist ones, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8842813@N06/[/SIZE]

I had a couple if names lined up, I tried a few and to be honest I kept forgetting what it was, finally my wife suggested Sheila she said it was how they refer to females in Australia and called me it for a while, we finally went with the femenine side of my name. Michelle

Miriam
    Green Acres (old TV show) had a lovely young carpenter gal named Ralph. Go for it ;-)

Miriam

You can search baby name sites and get tons of ideas! I like Nicola personally.

Rebecca sounds very pretty.
    "It's not what you look at that matters, its what you see" - Thoreau

You can do a Google search and find sites that list names of your heritage, such as Dutch, German or whatever. They will give you many choices and most of the sites will also give you the meaning of the name in that language.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Is there a Woman you knew or know that has a nice name you admire? Or how about a celebrity you like?

Liz

You can call me Rob, or you can call me Robbi.
    You can call me Bob, or you can call me Bobbi.
    You can call me Robert, or you can call me Roberta.
    Just don't call me late for lunch.

I wonder, a bit, about the importance of choosing a girl name. We didn't have much say in our boy name. And our name does not define who we are, but rather we grow to define who our name is. I never really thought about taking a girl's name until I joined an online support group and was asked for one. On the spur of the moment I chose the feminized version of the name that my parents gave me. I hope that I've given the name Bobbi the same character that I believe I've given the name Rob.

Even when I'm dressed and we are out in public my kids call me Dad. My wife, around the house, calls me Rob no matter how I'm dressed. When we are out in public she tries to use Bobbi, mostly for the benifit of those around us, but it doesn't bother me if she calls me Rob. And when she calls me Roberta, it's usually because I've screwed something up.

I think, sometimes, that we worry too much about what people call us and not enough about who we are, that we feel we need to have a name to define who we are rather than us defining who we are.

Just my $0.02 worth.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."