Thread: Damn you pink fog!

Damn you pink fog!

Hi everyone,need advice.
    As some of you know I live in Ireland,I've been out in Cork city quite a few times,no prob. But I also am not too far away from a place called Clonmel (large town) and there's some really cool shops there. Over the last few months I've rang different beauty salons there about getting makeup done,first one said no prob but has closed since,rang a few others and explained my case and they replied that they were ladies only so I said no prob and thanks. So the other day I was on the net and found a salon in a new shopping center so I took down the number, so I rang and lady answered I asked if they done makeup,she said yes, I then asked if she could do makeup for a guy? Little pause and she said sure and would I like an appointment, I said I'd prefer to make it in person and would call in as I had other buisness in clonmel later in the week and I rang to make sure they would be okay with it,she said no prob so that was that. But have been chickening out a bit since and haven't called in but when I rang I didn't block my number,which I did when I rang the others so they probably have it. So I need advice please,should I just go for it and call in to them,and if I don't they'll probably think I'm some sort of weirdo! And that would be showing the CD/TV community in a bad way which I don't want. So help please,before all my finger nails are gone!
    Thanks Emma.

If it's in your budget and something you want, then by all means do it. Just walk in with a smile because they are contagious see what I mean? Haha
    The meaning of life is to win the human race, or maybe, it's just finding the perfect shoes.

Hi Emma

Sice you want to go and make an appointment will you be presenting as male or female ?
    I would be tempted to go in and explain in a bit more detail. I assume ( dangerous I know ) that having been out and about you are not dressed in an outrageous manner. You could also show them a pic if your going to meet them as a male, which might make them more relaxed about doing your make up.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

If you don’t turn up they will just forget it.
    To worry over having given them your number is a bit paranoid isn’t it?

Don’t worry about it.

Just go, preferably suitably dressed en femme so that they can blend in to your style, presentation, and complexion and you will enjoy it, and come away far more confident with your make up. You will probably be a little apprehensive at first, as I was, but relaxation soon set in and I came away glowing and confident. My beautician treats me with all attention and was interested in why I crossdressed and we get along well.

Gold Member
    Yes; I would at least give it a try.
    Wear some casual clothes, like fem jeans or slacks, your bra and a top.
    They will put a cape over you for protection of your clothes.
    Have fun.
    Rader

Just go as yourself, or dressed - don't stress it will take all the fun out of it - you will enjoy it..................Debra

Thanks Girls,
    Sorry I didn't get back sooner. I think you're right Shelley to go there and explain to them a bit more and make sure they are comfortable doing this as I can't imagine that they would have had too many CDs as clients,if any. It will be a bit daunting going there first but if it works out it will be fantastic as this town will be so convenient for me. Il just have to man up and be a brave Girl!
    Thanks again for the advice everyone, Emma.
    P.S. Il let ye know how it goes,will call there next week.

Emma, I'm wondering why you want to go to a salon to get a make-up job. Is it because you can't do it yourself? If that's the case, take heart, you can learn!

I think it would be impossible for anyone to be a clumsier, more awkward gobsh*** than me, but I've been learning, and I've made tremendous progress. I never would have believed I could do what I'm doing now. And the satisfaction you get from doing yourself up and looking OK, if not splendid, is hard to describe.

If you don't want to buy cosmetics in a shop, there's a pharmacy here in Ireland that you can order online from. You can get anything you need from them. Although I do buy stuff in shops and have no difficulty doing it. Also, there's videos on YouTube that will teach you how to go about putting make-up on. The best ones I found were basic instruction given by the sweetest Irish lass you'll ever hope to see.

If you have other reasons for going to a salon, that's fine. I'm not trying to stop you from doing something you want to do. I'm just saying that if this is your reason, these difficulties can be overcome.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Hi Annabelle,
    I guess I like the idea of going to a salon and getting done up,I've done my own makeup a few times but as I live at home its hard to get time and to do it in private. So when I do go out I like to look as good as I can and I think getting made up at a salon is a good option for me, plus its a cool treat! Emma.

Well, Emma, that's nice to have stumbled on your thread... I chickened out on a visit to a beauty salon near where I lived last year... but keep us posted... who knows... if you manage, you might inspire me to make more of my next chance, next time!
    Gaby
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Hi Emma,
    You brought up a point I've been thinking of over the past week; if I'm going out and want to look my best, why not go to a salon and let them do it. Since I'm new to this in the past month, I haven't even tackled makeup yet, and it's a bit intimidating. Will be going out en femme the first time late next month (wife and kids gone) and I don't know if I can learn makeup in a month.

Just go in and DO IT! From your post below, the lady sounded supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by eire emma View Post
    Hi Annabelle,
    I guess I like the idea of going to a salon and getting done up. . . Emma.
    OK, Emma, I thought perhaps you had other reasons. It sounds like fun anyway. I'd just hate for anyone to think that they wouldn't be capable of doing their own make-up. That's exactly what I thought not too long ago: "No way could I ever do that." But I've made lots of progress in recent times. Still a ways to go, but I can't believe what I've achieved. So, basically, if I can do it, anybody can, because I don't think it would be possible for anyone to be more inept at stuff like this than me.

Best wishes, Annabelle
    Last edited by Foxglove; 05-29-2012 at 11:47 AM.

Seriously, learn to do do it yourself... it is very rewarding and you will feel a better person for it! It takes practice... but in there lies the fun!
    Kaz xx

__________________________________________________ ____________

This Woman Within is Flying without Wings