Thread: Finally Bought a Skirt!

Finally Bought a Skirt!

I've been lurking for quite a while, but everyone's kind support to others gave me the courage to finally step into a store, as a guy, and buy myself a skirt. It's a small step for me, but a really important one. If you're interested, it's a black, pleated calf-length skirt that will go well with a lot of tops in the future.

Anyway, a big THANKS to everyone. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Congratulations! One of my favorite things I own is a skirt (a worn-look denim one) and I just love it. Skirts, especially black ones, tend to match up well with just about anything and I think you've made a great choice. Going in drab too is impressive.

Don't worry about how small a step seems. You gotta crawl before you can walk. The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. It took many rocks, both big and small, to build the pyramids. Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm sure you can think of more.

It's not important how large the step is, what's important is that you had the courage to take one in the first place!

Don't forget the shoes... lol... The courage you had to go buy a skirt in male mode, was a HUGE step. Congrats!
    [SIZE="3"]
    Hugs,
    Cassie

In the great words of Popeye: "I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam,"
    [/SIZE]

Outhiking, just a word here: I haven't yet got up the courage to go shopping en femme. Even if I did, there'd be practical difficulties in the way of that. But I've never seen any reason to fear shopping in drab. My experience has been that people simply don't care.

E.g., once I was looking at a skirt I wanted and couldn't find a price on it anywhere. So I asked the man at the cash register, "How much is this skirt?" Says he, "Eleven euros. And the tops are eight." And that was it. I bought the skirt.

It's not just clothes I've bought. I've bought cosmetics as well, fingernail polish, what have you. And whether it's a man or woman at the cash register, they don't bat an eye. I've never once had anyone question what I was buying.

Maybe other people have been harassed a bit, but I myself have never had any trouble. What the checkout person thinks about me, I haven't a clue. Do they suspect/know I'm buying for myself? I don't know, and I don't care. As long as they deal with the business without hassling me, they can think what they like. And nobody's ever hassled me. For me, shopping in drab is no big deal. I'd like to take it a step further and shop en femme. Maybe we'll see about that some day.

Best wishes, Annabelle

Well done but be careful now as you might end up with a lot more skirts than you intended to get as it is inclined to get to be an enjoyable habit .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Welcome to the slippery slop. Soon you will not have enough money for all of the outfits you will want.

now that you have started have fun shopping be careful of the bank balance it will go down but it is fun and exciteing
    hugs
    Ronda

Wink Re: Finally Bought a Skirt!

Great on first purcahse of a skirt. I have quite a few skirts, more than full length dresses. I wore my brown pleated skirt last night and a butterscotch top to a live production of "Burlesque At The Museum" at the Mounds Theater in St Paul, Minnesota. It was a fun show. I think the rain storms a few hours before the show kept some from attending as there were quite a few empty seats in the theater. The performers are amateurs and do the performance for the 'art' of keeping Burlesque alive. In February I went to the same theater for the live production of "Faerie Tale Burlesque Theatre" (the title is the production companies title!).

Thanks for the support! So far shopping in drab is my best option. At 6'3, even if I passed for a woman, I'd still draw attention to myself. But everyone's right, the guy at the counter checked out the skirt for defects and tags and then simply rung it up and wished me a good day. My fears are in my head. I have cheated when buying hose by pulling out a piece of paper with my size on it and scanning the rack looking a little puzzled as I "shop for my wife". Next time I'll simply grab what I need and head to the register.

Thanks again!

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    The greatest fears in the world are those in our heads. You are now in way to deep to ever go back.....and it's just so great. Buying a dress is wonderful, but a skirt means you have to get a top to go with it, so its a twofer. And of course, it goes without saying that the shoes will come, 6 ft plus or not. I am only 6 ft, but have never had a problem in Payless.

Congratulations, Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

In the early days, I kind of enjoyed challenging myself to seeing what I could muster the guts to go through a checkout line with. It takes a real man to check out with a set of lacy bras and panties, a hot roller set or a breast pump. After awhile it's no big deal, though. People at stores are more concerned with their own business than with yours.

~ Lyric ~