Thread: feeling alot of pressure.

feeling alot of pressure.

So I've come under some persecution at work for being a crossdresser. And I decided it was time to tell my wife. I'll need her with me when this all comes out. She isn't thrilled but she said the most perfect thing after I told her. "no I'm not going to leave you. I still love you just as much". Its not a happy time I have ahead but at least she's with me.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    Awesome, I notice you are from Korea, mayby you can give us some cultural insight about being transgendered in Korea ?
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I'm sorry this is exceptable in Korea to hurt you in your workplace. That is illegal in the U.S.

In what way can they persecute you?

And you have a wonderful wife , though I'm sorry she had to find out this way with so much outside presure at the same time.

I too would like to hear more of your story.

The every best to you,
    Sincerely,
    Presh GG

How did your workplace find out? Hope this goes well because it is difficult no matter what. My wife has known for more than 15 years and is still not accepting. So I know what you are dealing with.

Best thing for me is that I'm retired now and don't have to worry about outing myself at work.

I'm interested in the cultural limits also. Last i heard was heavy non-acceptance in Korea.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    In such a male dominated society, with business going on til all hours into the nite with the rest of the guys going out for dinner and drinks nearly all the time, I can see where someone knowing would make it into an impossible situation. I can also see where your future at that place may be in jeopardy, I hope not.

My wife's best friend has suffered from this male activity in her home life after returning from the US for her husband who returned years earlier for work reasons.

Good luck.

Barbara

OK, did not catch the US Army occupation. Different slant entirely. never mind.........
    Last edited by Barbara Ella; 05-28-2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: lack of focus
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Gold Member
    Well, Ashley appears to be US Military stationed in Korea which takes this down a different path.

Ashley, are you being confronted by your leadership or is it a peer pressure issue?

I'm not in trouble its a "mental health issue" but it's a peer who has an axe or two to grind with me

Silver Member
    It sounds like a lot of love and commitment in your relationship. That is huge. When I accidentally outed myself in an email a few years ago to a vendor we use where I work I did not know how it was all going to play out, but I was honest with my wife about it and she stuck with me through it. It means a lot when someone sticks with you through the rough times.

Quote Originally Posted by Presh GG View Post
    I'm sorry this is exceptable in Korea to hurt you in your workplace. That is illegal in the U.S.
    Though it is changing, especially over the last couple of years, I think in most states it is legal.

How is this legal? Isn't it considered a "hostile work environment"? I think he has grounds on that.

Maybe that applies only to ADA, but I'd still look into it.
    Define "normal"

Hi Ashley. I would say that having her after telling her is a happy time. Everything else to me would be secondary. Let the healing begin! lol xoxoxo
    Opposites attract: I think I took this concept of physics a bit toooo personally!! Hetero, Gay, Lesbian, Bi, TG, TS, TB, BP, BS, ET....I know I fit in there somewhere...but who cares!!! Happiness: lies in self progress, truth, love, and tolerance. I'm Me! No one else can be me but me. Ironic: is how society made me embarrassed to go out in public, and yet the biggest reason I wanna go out is to seek their approval. The fact that girls and guys both CD is an indication to me that there are parallels that exist that allow many of us, at times, to be able to actually feel what it's like to be that opposite sex...in every possible facet. the way they think, feel, react, speak, and more. It's a two way street that many of us intersect down the way. Soooo....Be happy with what you have and SMILE!! Kisses and Hugs to EVERYONE!!!!!

If it is a peer with an axe to grind...good luck. You're better off to figure out a way to work with someone else. I would tend to offer no answers to anyone and instead ask a lot of questions... if this guy is making your life difficult, then start asking questions to the people he reports to...he will have to start explaining why you mean so much to him...
    Chickie

Arbon,
    It can be used in Washington, Oregon and California Only if it is cloaked in an otherwise bad work report.

Where can they OPENLY use it against you please ?

Thank you for the information
    Presh

In the military you can't be punished bit it is considered an illness.

Sorry I can offer no advice, I don't know that much about the laws, rules and social attitudes in Korea. I am curious about how they found you out, and what type of pressure you are under. Here while we have some laws in some states that protect us, jobs can always find a reason to let someone go if they don't fit in. I wish you all the luck possible, and you are already ahead of the game, the wife knows, and has not joined the opposition.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

One of may favorite people on another forum is a crossdresser living in Korea. She has a prominent position with a university, but is completely open about her crossdressing. She wears long hair and varying degrees of androgynous or feminine attire at work and at leisure. She also has a family.

I've never quite understood why many crossdressers see it as more of a curse than a blessing. And no matter what country in which you live your private activities are not the business of your coworkers. If it's a matter of how you dress at work, that's another matter, of course. I hope after the dust settles things are better for you. Perhaps in the long run you will feel a great relief by having things out in the open, though. Nothing harms relationships more than deceit.

~ Lyric ~

U.c.m.j.

If you know what the letters in the title mean....we are not dealing with anything like rational thought here.
    Crossdressing is still considered a mental illness and while not punishable it can certainly be used as a backdoor reason to find another way to discharge the person in question. It must really piss them off that they can no longer legally persecute folks because of who they fell in love with.
    I lived out by Lemoore NAS, my son-in-law works for one of the Hornet squadrons. He says they are drumming more and more longer term folks out. They don't really have to have a reason to get rid of you, if the right people want you gone-you will go. JAG won't help you. The military is recruiting hard to bring in lower paid entry workers to take the place of higher paid crew. Sound familiar-even the military has adopted excecutive bonus stratagem.
    Jus' tryin' to send and understanding your way.