Thread: Buffed my nails...OMG they look nice

Buffed my nails...OMG they look nice

WOW...didn't know that you could get such a shine just by buffing them! It looks like I put clear polish on them...now I need to cruise the threads to learn how to make it look like they got a french manicure...something about lemon juice and baking soda!

Oh yes, you can get a very nice shine by buffing your finger nails and toe nails. I do it on a regular basis. Let us know what you find out about the French manicure.

Buffing is a great way to have something femme without being overtly obvious. I like to buff mine first (takes out all the ridges) then do a nice polish on top - makes it look like glass.
    Weight Loss Club - Start: 259lbs, Current: 218.0lbs, Goal: 205lbs
    Come join us at the weight loss club in: Body Issues Section (membership required I think)

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Yes! ... if you spend enough time (like retrofit me said) you can make your nails look like glass! Super flat and shiny. I remember once about 15 years ago when I had a GG friend who was my BFF (this was before I started "CDing properly") I buffed my nails up super shiny and she noticed in a instant and said how she was sure I must have had a manicure at a salon as she said "wow .. where did you get your nails done, they look really nice" That made me smile.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Get one of those foam backed eight sided nail buffing things......they go from 60 grit sandpaper to 6000 grit polishing surface. Your nails will look like it went from the dark side of the moon to a mirror.

I had one of those foam four sided buffers, and they really did make my nails look amazing. They were very shiny. I have tried using just a clear coat on my nails, and it still doesn't look nearly as good as the buffer does.

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retrofitme View Post
    Buffing is a great way to have something femme without being overtly obvious. I like to buff mine first (takes out all the ridges) then do a nice polish on top - makes it look like glass.
    I totally agree
    Though I can get a bit obsessive with the buffing. Oh just a little more might give it a bit extra shine...lol
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

LOL Rebecca, TOTALLY agree!

I always buff my nails, love the shiny look they have. I always get great compliments from GGs about my nails when i am in drab

I did the same thing last night. I find they really needed some attention. I've been too busy to do them lately and I was trying to get them ready for vacation. My left thumb nail is shaped nicely and is long. I just wish i could get the rest of them that long. I've tried everything to keep them from getting ragged. I'm curious about the french nail look too. I'm taking off my red toenail polish and doing the french tip on my toes. I want my fingernails to have tghat look too.. Don't forget the cuticle oil to.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

I just love the way my nails look after I buff them. I think I will do mine now, I haven't done them in a while.
    When all else fails............................... Read the directions!

Aspiring girly girl sweetvictoria's Avatar
    I started buffing my nails about 3 years ago. I loved they way they looked. About a year ago I decided to let them grow longer. Now in addition to buffing I wear a clear coat to protect them. I have gotten a few comments but it is now unknown for guys to get a manicure.

I do take care of my nails but don't buff to make them shine... instead i use a clear polish and the shine wonderfully.. have had several women comment on them last year.. but my job has kind of done a number on them.. keep breaking and chipping them..

I buff all the time. Just be careful though, too much buffing can make them thin.
    Ladies and gentlemen.
    Take my advce
    Pull down your panties .......
    And slide on the ice!!!!

I started buffing my nails this past winter, I agree, they do look great!