Thread: Some Insignificant Firsts

Aspiring Member

Some Insignificant Firsts

I attended a CD event this past weekend, and managed to achieve a few firsts. They were not huge accomplishments, but simply things that circumstances have previously made impractical. In no particular order they were:

1. I painted my toenails. There is no great reason why I had never done this before, but this time I would be spending some time outdoors around a pool, wearing my flip-flops, so without planning to do so, I simply carried on to my toes after finishing my fingers.

2. My toenails have now been coloured continuously for about seventy two hours. This has to be close to my personal record for any of my nails. I even attended a family function knowing that under my male socks (my shoes were off much of the time) my toenails had a lovely shiny pinkish glow.

3. I went swimming totally en femme. I have gone swimming, and have been crossdressed over my lifetime hundreds if not thousands of times, but never both at the same time. Adding to the experience was the presence of outsiders having a swim, or sunbathing at the same time.

4. As a group we had dinner one night at an inn on the other side of town from the event's venue. My wife and I had to return home for personal reasons for two days, so we did not book any of the events for those days. On leaving the inn, we booked a tentative reservation in the hope that we managed to get back early on that second day. I mentioned that I would not be dressed the way I was with the group, and the owner's wife laughed and said "That's okay. It's come as you are". When we returned to the inn for dinner, but with me en drab, the staff and proprietors remembered us, (I don't pass too well, I guess) and we had a second great meal. Why was this a first? I have met people in male mode, and then been seen by them in female mode lots of times, but this is the first time I can remember it being the other way around.

5. I was seen in male mode several times with my fingernails still polished by hotel staff and other customers in the hotel restaurant and elsewhere.

6. I shaved my legs prior to attending the event. As one who has usually stopped shaving around the beginning of April to let my leg hair grow for the summer shorts season, this marked the latest date I have ever been close shaven. I even wore my male shorts part of the time with no comments.

None of these were a really big deal, but just a few more of the many firsts for a part time, mostly closeted crossdresser to chalk up.

Veronica

IMHO, no small first step is insignificant as long as it makes you feel happy. Those are great first, don't be surprised if you'd like more
    [SIZE="3"]
    Hugs,
    Cassie

In the great words of Popeye: "I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam,"
    [/SIZE]

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    sounds like an interesting set of firsts!

Hey girl be proud of your accomplishments! Every ''first'' deserves a smile! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Yay! You made it to where you did.
    Mind you.....should you take this further, it does not get easier. But at some point you need to define yourself as a person...as who you are.
    There is no model, or ideal model. We are all snowflakes, snowflake....every snowflake is different.
    CD/TG events are a great stepping stone. Do what's best for you.