Thread: It takes one to know one...

It takes one to know one...

Have you ever thought that a particular male celebrity just might secretly enjoy dressing up in women's clothing and looking pretty? Like, where you see them say something offhand and think, everyone else probably thought that was a joke, but it didn't slip past me!

The best example I can think of is probably Robin Williams' comment that he's "a lesbian in a man's body". Yep, I know the feeling. Also, he did a fine job playing a woman in Mrs. Doubtfire.

Jason Segel is another celebrity I get that vibe from. Even though he's really tall, like many of us here, he kind of has a feminine face and he's dressed as a woman more than once in How I Met Your Mother.

Stephen Colbert, I also get a strong vibe from. He often does that thing where he pretends to toss his hair back at the beginning of his shows, and he's done all those pictures of himself in feminine poses. Also, I remember seeing him in that interview with Gloria Steinem, where he says she's pretty, and she says "well, I think you're pretty too." And he said, "I've been waiting the whole interview for you to say that!"

Not saying these guys are crossdressers, just that they're not particularly masculine, but in a way that makes them quite likable

Any other celebrities you get that vibe from, besides the obvious?

I have to admit I'm always suspicious, too, when stuff like this comes up. I remember once Pierce Brosnan saying he was tired of James Bond. He thought he might like to do a crossdressing role.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking. Misery loves company--except that it's not misery, is it?

Best wishes, Annabelle

I've heard that "Lesbian in Man's body" comment from a friend. I'm ashamed to admit, I kinda made an obvious sidling away move. Semi-humorous, but still. Wish I'd said/done, something different.

I think there are a fairly large percentage of men, who, if society was somewhat different, would experiment with dress, gender expression, maybe even relationships. I think that most men who identify as straight, are in fact so, ( that is, they want sex only with women ) but a lot of us, can be at least,.... curious, about other aspects of our sexuality spectrum. We just suppress it because we fear ridicule.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    John Cryer (Alan, 2 1/2 men) has appeared crossdressed in several episodes, as well as a scene where he was caught in a bubble bath shaving his legs. I'm pretty sure he's sporting pink panties underneath!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!