Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schools that teach Female Etiquette, Mannerisms and Posture?

Wow, I swore I would not say anything to this thread, I have lasted 30 hours but I am bursting. Seriously, how did you learn to be behave like a boy when you grew up, finishing school?

Looking at women does not help you know, observing them might.
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    Audrey, I think you are missing the point I was trying to make. I did not say go sit at the mall and stare at people. I said be a woman in society. What kind of lady are we talking about here anyway? Melissa Ethridge or Queen Elizabeth II? Transition is about becoming a real person, yourself. So why would someone have any kind perspective that would be better than your own? You talk about basics, fundamentals, performing and accomplishing. Identifying a problem and finding a solution. That sounds like guy talk to me.

How does a woman walk? I see as many gaits as there are women out there. How does a woman sit or stand up? This is nonsense, but it's your money and your time. Nothing in those classes will prepare you for being infantilized by men or hit on by men when it's unwanted. Nothing will prepare you for being excluded by women for not being young or pretty enough. Learning to hold a teacup properly for sure won't help you.

You think I don't understand what you are going through or your special circumstances? That's fine. Like I said, good luck with your transition. I hope everything turns out well for you. I was not answering your exact question, because I truly believe you are barking up the wrong tree. Unless you are an actor and this is just for show.

Once again, however, it has been made abundantly clear that experience has little to no currency on this forum.
    and I do those things, i think you misunderstand what it is I'm looking for with this thread. Everything we as humans without regard to gender, learn, is done by learning an established set of basic principles. from there, you move to more intermediately difficult tasks, to advanced tasks, and eventually mastery of that skill.

It has nothing to do with guy talk. Any sane, rational logical person will identify and recognize a problem and find a solution. Competent decision making has nothing to do with one's gender, it has to do with experience and wisdom. I've personally seen how a person who walks, stands and sits, and carries themselves, how they handle tense situations and conflict, can reflect an image of a person's character, their personality, and their ability to react and deal with a situation while maintaining their composure. Not only that, but that attracts people to you because they see that you have your shit together, you don't let your cage get rattled, and you can think for yourself. My ex-gf was like that. She carried herself well, spoke confidently, she walked upright, not slouched, when she sat down, it was properly done, and she sat with legs crossed hands on her thighs or knees or folded in her lap. She never showed fear even when she was uncertain or worried about something, she just handled it, and did so very well. I think that above anything else, is what I loved about her most, and it was the first thing I noticed about her the night I met her, and it was always the first thing I noticed when we were together, and it was an incredible turn on.

A woman with good posture, strong self-discipline, and self-control projects an image of confidence, power and commands respect. As does clothing attire, intelligent conversation, and display of proper situational evaluation and problem-solving. Genetic women are born with certain maternal instincts that we as genetic males do not possess. Women are more compassionate, attentive to potentially dangerous situations and threats to themselves and their children. Men tend to be protective, hit first ask questions later, whereas a mother who senses danger or something that's not right, will make an effort to avoid a scene or situation or remove herself from the situation before it escalates.

On the contrary, a girl who dresses in skanky clothes, doesn't do her makeup, doesnt maintain her hair, slouches when she stands, has poor posture when sitting or standing, she will be viewed as a girl lacking basic female skillsets.

As a genetic/physical male, I've developed poor habits and I've never had anyone who made the effort to correct them or help me correct them, so going forward, I want to make sure that the image I project is of a woman who is educated, controlled, professional appearing, and able to analyze a situation and troubleshoot it, goes a long way towards being accepted and respected in society.

Frances, if you're taking it as I'm saying your experience means nill, I am not. I'm just saying the method in which I go about things varies differently than someone else because of my memory problems and my ADHD. We all address things in the ways that work for us, and I know what works for me and I know what doesn't.

I don't need a class to handle being infantilized by men or being hit on when it's unwanted, I can already do that for myself. I get about 5 to 10 catcalls a day at school and in public from men thinking they could "show me a good time" or "show me how a real man makes love to a woman", or "they can give me a secure life, and I'll never have to work or worry about anything" spiel. That doesn't phase me, or bother me in the least and I can handle myself. And if there arises a situation that I can't handle that becomes violent in nature against me, I have my sturdy, reliable best friend .40 S&W that can unload 165 grains of permanent hollow point behavior modification on that perpetrator. I'm trained to use it, when to use it, and I'm not afraid to use it if I need to and I won't think twice if and when that moment comes.

Glamazon
    I love being on break. xDDD

Quote Originally Posted by AudreyTN View Post
    and I do those things, i think you misunderstand what it is I'm looking for with this thread. Everything we as humans without regard to gender, learn, is done by learning an established set of basic principles. from there, you move to more intermediately difficult tasks, to advanced tasks, and eventually mastery of that skill.

It has nothing to do with guy talk. Any sane, rational logical person will identify and recognize a problem and find a solution.
    Was the irony intentional?

Competent decision making has nothing to do with one's gender, it has to do with experience and wisdom. I've personally seen how a person who walks, stands and sits, and carries themselves, how they handle tense situations and conflict, can reflect an image of a person's character, their personality, and their ability to react and deal with a situation while maintaining their composure. Not only that, but that attracts people to you because they see that you have your shit together, you don't let your cage get rattled, and you can think for yourself. My ex-gf was like that. She carried herself well, spoke confidently, she walked upright, not slouched, when she sat down, it was properly done, and she sat with legs crossed hands on her thighs or knees or folded in her lap. She never showed fear even when she was uncertain or worried about something, she just handled it, and did so very well. I think that above anything else, is what I loved about her most, and it was the first thing I noticed about her the night I met her, and it was always the first thing I noticed when we were together, and it was an incredible turn on.

A woman with good posture, strong self-discipline, and self-control projects an image of confidence, power and commands respect. As does clothing attire, intelligent conversation, and display of proper situational evaluation and problem-solving.
    Being ladylike and being female aren't the same thing? Transition doesn't really change your character - if you were a gentleman before, becoming a lady will be fairly automatic.

Genetic women are born with certain maternal instincts that we as genetic males do not possess. Women are more compassionate, attentive to potentially dangerous situations and threats to themselves and their children. Men tend to be protective, hit first ask questions later, whereas a mother who senses danger or something that's not right, will make an effort to avoid a scene or situation or remove herself from the situation before it escalates.
    Holy sexism, batman. Have you considered taking up feminism 101?

On the contrary, a girl who dresses in skanky clothes, doesn't do her makeup, doesnt maintain her hair, slouches when she stands, has poor posture when sitting or standing, she will be viewed as a girl lacking basic female skillsets.
    You haven't been to a modern university recently, have you? Or do you just hate women who don't feel like conforming to your idea of what a woman should be?

Something my therapist mentioned was that trans women early on in transition want to look like 'women', at least their ideal of one, which tends to be more nicely dressed than most, among other things. Assuming that you get on the proverbial bandwagon, you'll quickly discover that at best, it's unnecessary, and at worst, it will get you read.

As a genetic/physical male, I've developed poor habits and I've never had anyone who made the effort to correct them or help me correct them, so going forward, I want to make sure that the image I project is of a woman who is educated, controlled, professional appearing, and able to analyze a situation and troubleshoot it, goes a long way towards being accepted and respected in society.
    Fixed. See feminism 101?

Frances, if you're taking it as I'm saying your experience means nill, I am not. I'm just saying the method in which I go about things varies differently than someone else because of my memory problems and my ADHD. We all address things in the ways that work for us, and I know what works for me and I know what doesn't.
    Now let's look at...

Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    You think I don't understand what you are going through or your special circumstances?
    Get on ADHD meds, then start socializing as female. You might be slower about remembering things than others, but if your memory has degraded to the point where you can't recall social cues, what makes you think that a consultant or class on such will be useful?

I don't need a class to handle being infantilized by men or being hit on when it's unwanted, I can already do that for myself. I get about 5 to 10 catcalls a day at school and in public from men thinking they could "show me a good time" or "show me how a real man makes love to a woman", or "they can give me a secure life, and I'll never have to work or worry about anything" spiel.
    I have an extremely hard time believing what you just said in light of this...

That doesn't phase me, or bother me in the least and I can handle myself. And if there arises a situation that I can't handle that becomes violent in nature against me, I have my sturdy, reliable best friend .40 S&W that can unload 165 grains of permanent hollow point behavior modification on that perpetrator. I'm trained to use it, when to use it, and I'm not afraid to use it if I need to and I won't think twice if and when that moment comes.
    Really? Guns? You had to mention a gun?

If you don't like the advice , ignore it..

you are getting good feedback, but your dogmatic, uninformed, and very malecentric views about the "right" way to be a woman seems to override common sense and experience..
    i recall when you came here, you commented on how you will not be "train wreck" like others...so its a consistent thing for you..

The way you express your displeasure at any answer that doesn't suit you has caused other threads you started to devolve into wasted arguments just like this... go ahead , hire a coach , spend some money, learn to limp your wrist and talk with a feminine lilt..and then when you have a knitting disagreement with your friend Louise at the tea party, you can cross your legs, smile sweetly and pull out your AK47 and blow her fricking head off..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    . go ahead , hire a coach , spend some money, learn to limp your wrist and talk with a feminine lilt..and then when you have a knitting disagreement with your friend Louise at the tea party, you can cross your legs, smile sweetly and pull out your AK47 and blow her fricking head off..
    this is ****ing hilarious!
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 06-01-2012 at 06:40 PM.

Banned Read only
    oh for heaven's sake. im not even gonna bother retorting to this garbage.

oh for heaven's sake. im not even gonna bother retorting to this garbage.
    There is something you actually are not getting really. I never had learn anything about being a girl because I was already one. This is one of the reasons I pass so well. I don't make a conscientious effort to move, talk, or have even have the manners of a female. It just comes naturally. I didn't learn anything.

Genetic women are born with certain maternal instincts that we as genetic males do not possess. Women are more compassionate, attentive to potentially dangerous situations and threats to themselves and their children. Men tend to be protective, hit first ask questions later, whereas a mother who senses danger or something that's not right, will make an effort to avoid a scene or situation or remove herself from the situation before it escalates.
    Holy generalization. My therapists will have a field day with that statement(she speaks on gender roles). I have those certain maternal instincts. I am going to stop typing now as I will only get myself into trouble now if I actually spoke my mind.
    Add me to facebook if you want: http://www.facebook.com/hobbitprincess
    "Never thought I would be here, so high in the air
    This is my unanswered prayer
    Defined by another, so much wasted time
    Out of the darkness, each breath that I take will be mine." -Waterproof Blondes, "Just Close Your Eyes"

It's time to close this thread. I'm sure you all agree.
    Reine