Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite type of dress to wear

Favorite type of dress to wear

I was just reading another post and got me thinking. What is everyone's favorite type and color of dress to wear?

Me I love little black dresses that have built in bra's, tight on the top with two thin straps and then tight on the butt(like to show it off(hehe)) and then free fowing to just above the knee. I just find that black is such a sexy color!

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I really prefer a dress that covers me properly!! LOL!! That said, I also love little black dresses such as described. But I have several other dresses. Some of them show off my cleavage very well, as well as my 40 B's. BTW, my 40 B'c are completely natural and have been since the early 1950's. I have been wearing a bra since I was 9 y/o which is almost 70 years ago. Except of course for my time in the military!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Platinum Member
    ok, type - I prefer a wrap dress with 3/4 sleeves. The v-neck and narrower waist help compensate for my shoulders and the longer sleeves cover my arms a bit. As for lenght, I am flexible...anything from mid calf to above the knee. I love a variety of prints and solid colors, all depending on my mood and the seasons!

In colder weather I love a sweater dress and for summer something casual and breezy. As for color, almost anything, but I'm particularly fond of purples and greens.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

maxi dresses short to 3/4 sleves with empire waist and multi colored. are my fav.
    Mistybtm

I use to always go with below the knee - V neck - 3/4 sleeve, dresses. I was self conscience about my shoulders and muscular arms. With my lost of weight [35lbs ] I have been exploring a little. The other day I tried on a one shoulder dress that came just above the knees. My GG friend I was shopping with said it looked good. The conservative women in me wasn't sure but I bought it anyway. Now I just have to figure out when and where I am going to wear it.

I tend to wear more skirts than dresses, but rather than style, it is more important that a dress fit me well. This is why I've taken to sewing my own dresses.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

I'm kinda partial to pretty print dresses and skirts myself, usually long ones.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

[SIZE="3"]Just above the knee to the floor with 1/2 to 3/4 sleeves for me. Since I tan easily I have to make a real effort to hide the dreaded farmers tan on the arm. I'm shaped straight, so outfits that can focus on my waist(LOL) help. I actually prefer skirts and tops, but at size 22 most look like sacks....Oh well, at least I have fun looking!!! [/SIZE]
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Empire waist, knee-length, 3/4 sleeves

Love all the responses I've gotten!!!! Thanks ladies!

I like to wear Capris or cuffed pants with a nice blouse or top, until I can get a nice miniskirt or mid dress or something. I like the red Sofia Vergara dress that was featured at Big K a few months ago.

Elegant, floor-length gowns - strapless, asymmetrical, spaghetti straps, anything. Especially when they're satiny sheath dresses or have a mermaid skirt. Color-wise all I imagine right now is a vivid royal blue. Huh, I guess I just described my dream dress

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I love Little Black dresses ,I have a few my favourite being lined black lace dress.just above knee length with sweetheart neckline and cap sleeves.

Recently bought a gorgeous black/red floral print wrapover dress in georgette fabric,with frilled cap sleeves,hoping to wear it out soon

Sophie
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

If its cold out a sweater dress definitely. If not maybe a little black dress or almost any dress.. I especially like the dresses with the belt. To me it seems to give me a more defined waist. I dont care for the maxi dresses so much. Maybe its because I am on the short side.
    New facebook page feel free to add me as a friend. http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn...00003349942987

I love any dress or skirt that requires a full petticoat. Guess I should have taken up Square Dancing as they wear some very pretty clothes.

Aspiring Member
    Let's see, what features do I like in a dress.....

Neckline wise I prefer either a drape neck or a surplice (crosses over like a wrap). Empire waist is a probably a must for my body shape. Sleeves are optional, can go either way. Length, anywhere from knee to mid-calf. Colors, well, the breakdown goes (colors include solids and prints):
    Blacks - 6
    Blues - 3
    Red - 1
    Purple - 1
    Tan/Taupe - 2
    Pink - 2
    White - 2
    Grey - 2
    Animal - 1

As you can see by the color breakdown, I have most of the bases covered, and this doesn't include my skirt and blouse collection.

just about any dress that isn't made from denim! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I prefer styles that were most popular in the late 70s and the 80s, long sleeve (to cover up my guy-arms), belted at the waist, with full skirts. I like them to have some kind of embellishment on them, too, to pretty them up a bit, like a bow, ruffles, or some kind of rushing, anything to make them more remarkable than a standard shirt-dress. I like pastel colors, prints, florals, and solid colors other than the gray-scale that guys get to choose from. Oh....and don't even get me started on sweater dresses!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

My susan Garver liquid knit black printed sleveless dress comes just above the knee and is free flowing from the bust line down vert soft an fells great on the leggs when walking
    hugs
    Ronda

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Oh so many to choose from!
    It must be short and at this time of year, I love the spring colors, white with pink flowers, a little blue. But light in color and fabric.
    In the winter I love to wear a long Maxi dress, any color works then but if I wear black too often i get to feeling low. So I must have some bright colors around me all the time.
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Low cut, flared skirt.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    I am partial to my sweater dresses which off course means I look at other options from mid-spring to mid-fall. But I find them comfortable and you can play with the accessorizing quite a bit including different colors of leggings or tights. But I get hot easy, so I sure can't wear them as much as I would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    just about any dress that isn't made from denim! lol
    You took the words straight out of my mouth! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Janice An View Post
    I love any dress or skirt that requires a full petticoat. Guess I should have taken up Square Dancing as they wear some very pretty clothes.
    I am with you that one, dresses with full petticoats on are absolutely gorgeous to look at and to wear.

My favourite would a floor or near floor length prom dress, with layers of tulle and petticoat so it flares out. A bodice style top, fabrics I love are Silk, satin, lace, organza. Colour wise I would go with purple or a deep electric blue. TBH though I love a lot of the dresses mentioned on this thread. Good choices girls.

Charlotte
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Janice An View Post
    I have been Square Danceing for years. I have a couple of the outfits. They are so much fun. Although I have always danced the male part and never in the dresses. Someday I will.