Thread: Can't wait to get all sussied up again but....

Can't wait to get all sussied up again but....

pre-Summer vacation here in Europe so the kids are with me for 2 weeks which is great, but.... 1 week has gone by, full on entertaining, cooking, cleaning, etc. and yet Day 7 I have such The Girlie-Urge to get dandied-up and take a break from it all. I LOVE my children dearly and give them as much time and enrgy as possible, but I'll have to wait at least another week before Leila shakes her Groove-Thing. Funny, how I can at times go a month without dragging up and not think about it much, then other times just a few days pass and the desire flares, just at the moment I can't, or maybe shouldn't. Anyways, I can't wait to get all sussied-up in a weeks' time! Will keep you posted! Leila.
    Everyone should feel overwhelmingly sexy now-and-then.

Gold Member
    Yes; I have just went through two weeks similar to yours.
    With the Memorial day holiday and all the events I had to go to in DRAB,
    I just could not wait until I had some of MY time.
    Dressing has become an addiction I would say, And I hate the Idea of a Withdrawal.
    Rader

Well I would gladly spend two weeks in drab, for my grandkids, or my kids. As for dressing up, there will be plenty of time to make up for lost time, but you can't make up for lost time with your kids. (the sage advice of a guy that was divorced when his kids where young,and missed to much time with them.)
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Gold Member
    Amen Tina! I have an opportunity for a night out with the girls Friday or watching my grandson in a performance for 5 minutes. Guess which one wins? It doesn't help that they will be moving far away in a year.

It is a hard thing to find balance sometimes and selfishness sometimes reigns supreme.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You are all so right. The kids are now gone and I cherished (nearly) every minute with them. I gave them all the time and attention I could, and I know that that is where real value lies and not in selfishness. Tonight, however, is Leila-Time!!! WooHoo! Have a great weekend everyone!
    Everyone should feel overwhelmingly sexy now-and-then.