Thread: 30 Day Challenges

30 Day Challenges

Awhile back I watched this TED talk by Matt Cutts on the simple idea of trying something different for 30 days. The first thing that came to mind were applying the idea to crossdressing. So it's May 1 and decided I'll challenge myself to something I've never done: wear a bra every day for 30 days straight. Thankfully, I have some flattish bralettes that don't show prominently, though with summer heat coming on it's going to be probably be a bit hotter than without. Still, ladies have worn them through summers for a long time.

What 30 day challenge would you consider?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnfBXjWm7hc

~ Lyric ~

You've got more moxie than most women I know Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Whoops, meant to reply to thread and not to the poster lol.

This is an interesting idea that could be challenging and fun!

I plan on going en femme full time while learning and refining skills such as make up, etiquette, mannerisms etc.

Could be a fun and very rewarding challenge.

Good luck!

Platinum Member
    Interesting idea. I live about 70% of my time fully en femme - at home and out...so does 'something different' have to be gender related?

I did a thirty day challenge once, it was not any fun. Try thirty days of not dressing!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Right now I am wishing it were only 30 days. Kids being home from school means no dressing until September. Gonna be counting down the days.

Gold Member
    Just after the New Year, My wife challenged me to wear a bra for two weeks straight.
    Now this was not any bra, It was a 54-J cup bra with size 20 forums.
    They weigh about 14 lbs. each, and protrude over 8" out from your body.
    Well I did it, barley, had to dig out some old flannel work shirts I still had, because
    They helped to conceal my enormous Brest line.
    Grocery shopping was a big event, had to wear a large coat every where I went.
    Thank God for winter, It was just cold enough to wear a coat when I left the house.
    Rader

I once saw a very attractive woman at Home Depot with really enormous breasts. She was wearing a poncho obviously as an attempt to obscure them, but it wasn't really possible. I remember imagining that she must be a model or stripper.

I suspect you had similar difficulties, Radar. Well, my bras are in the AA to A range, so it will be much easier for me. Today I'm wearing a black t-shirt and have only been to the grocery store, which I've done in a bra before. Some of my shirts can be seen through in strong store lights, though, but a challenge is a challenge.

Embarrassing situations notwithstanding, your supersize challenge does sound kind of fun, though. I may have to consider that for some future month.

You other gals, think of fun challenges. You know: things you always meant to do, but haven't put forth a serious effort. The guy in the video I linked to above had some great ideas, but you could do anything.

~ Lyric ~

Gold Member
    Lyric;
    I found that wearing a top/shirt with multi colors or a design on it will hide the
    outline of a bra real easy. Almost to the point that you will not see the strap in back.
    It is hard to find 54-A bra,s but I did, an have 5 or 6 of them.
    Most of my bras have to be B or C cup as that is only size they come in,
    Rader

Good idea. I'll try wearing patterns. I'm lucky in the size department. I can wear a 36AA just fine. I've heard a 34A may be about the same thing. Bra sizes are a strange and mystical thing.

~ Lyric ~

Thirty Days....is that anything like the old Chuck Berry song?

All I know is I can't stand 30 days straight in either gender. Both sides eat at me like pirhana on a hot day.

My wife says 30 days and it is a habit.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    You got that rite; It was torture to my little thing for 14 days.
    I was ready to give it up after three days. I would get top heavy in a way I would want to
    fall forward. I felt like a little baby horse trying to lean how to walk.
    14 days is quite enough for anything.
    Rader

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    I did a thirty day challenge once, it was not any fun. Try thirty days of not dressing!
    Tina B.
    I go one step further, Tina. I step away from EVERYTHING to do with CDing for a "month"! Just to prove to myself that I CAN! And, the time for it is coming up soon!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I go one step further, Tina. I step away from EVERYTHING to do with CDing for a "month"! Just to prove to myself that I CAN! And, the time for it is coming up soon!
    Sherry, I was only kidding, at my age I really don't do challenges, and giving up dressing is one thing, but giving up the forum for a month, you are stronger than I am.
    I find it hard enough to give up shopping for feminine things for a month, much less any of the rest of this giving things up.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I was thinking of an interesting 30-day challenge: being polite to everyone I run into. But then I thought, no way could I do that, and it would just confuse a lot of them.

Annabelle

Quote Originally Posted by beau View Post
    I don't think that necessarily true. Matt Cutts didn't have any trouble taking up sugar again. With mine current one, though, a habit would be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    I would get top heavy in a way I would want to fall forward.
    Just imagine how life is for all those ladies we've admired all this time who have to carry them around their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post
    I was thinking of an interesting 30-day challenge: being polite to everyone I run into.
    I think that would be a good one, Annabelle. I guess I must have done that challenge years ago, because I do it by nature and it really makes life a lot of fun.

Anyway, day one went just fine and I'm all bra-ed up again for day two. I think I'll make it.

~ Lyric ~

Well, I made to day 10 of my 30 day bra challenge. I'm still wearing them and it really hasn't been any problem. I'll try to have an embarrassing story or so before it's over. I've also mastered the Jennifer Beals method of taking a bra off without removing your top. It's easy as long as you can pull the straps over your elbows.

~ Lyric ~