Thread: I chickeded out at the wig store!!!

I chickeded out at the wig store!!!

Well, I was out En Femme yesterday and I made a stop to walk around a small plaza and I noticed a very large wig and lingerie store. The place was completely empty and I was all dolled up. I considered going in and really wanted to but in the end I chickened out. It was more because I just spent a ton of cash on outfits and a new wig and knew I would prob. leave there spending a ton of money. I def. will need to make a trip back out there in the near future for sure.

I understand.
    Going out en femme takes a lot of courage and practice, and many aborted missions out of fright. It takes several times to feel comfortable with yourself.
    Three years ago, I remember chickening out on Halloween night because I was wearing a little girls dress and a wig.

I highly recommend joining a CD group or meetup, and you will feel comfortable amongst others like yourself who have been doing it for a while. My first outing was with my local Tri-Ess group two years ago, and they convinced me to go to a hotel restaurant/ bar that was loaded with military personnel dressed in fatigues, they were from a nearby army base. I was treated so well.....that's what changed me.

Nowadays, I shop at the mall, and go every place imaginable en femme. I'm at the stage where I feel very comfortable.

The reality is that much of it is inside your head. It's really the battle with yourself, not with others. When you project confdence, and comfort within your self, that's what people really see. The concept of a transgender person, or a dude-in-a-dress becomes less important.

Aspiring Member
    Yes, It happens to most of us. Like Nathalie said. I can't rememeber how many times I went out dressed and something in me at the last second kept me from going into a store. Like falling off your bike. You just keep getting up and try riding again. Better luck the next time you try.
    Diane Elizabeth

In honor of your 'chickening' out- i point you to this chicken video. Just for fun. (don't worry, you'll get there...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoE-DqJQCAw

hope this brings a smile!

Gold Member
    how hilarious would that youtube video had been if you just see this car driving up really fast?
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

On a good note, when I was out I needed Nail Polish remover so I was able to march right into a busy supermarket without any issues and that was awesome.

I'm with Nathalie on this one girl... it takes many 'missions' to finally get rid of the butterflies.. Sometimes I miss them as the time out and about en fem seemed to last forever as my heart was beating a million miles an hour.... now after many steps, the butterflies are gone and I'm very comfortable beign out and about.

Just keep gettin back on the horse and eventually the ride will be smoother... really.

Renne.....

Gold Member
    A few weeks pas, I went to a wig store in Chicago called "Rachael's"
    I was treated extremely well, was fitted to many different wigs, came home with 3 wigs.
    Now She does tend to treat the dressing community as an exclusive, but she does GG's
    as well.
    I recommend you find some place like I did and get your wig.
    I had called several general wig dealers in my area, but none where willing to fit a "Man"
    with a female wig.
    Good luck, A nice wig just does it for your over all look.
    Rader

Platinum Member
    That shows great discipline. Its easy to spend money...it takes a great deal more resolve to resist the urge and come back later.

You can go in try and not buy.
    But next time you go in......
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Don't panic, it's alright! I wigged out at the chicken store once, but everything works out in the long run.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.