Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate being tall.

I use to be self insipid about being 6 feet tall but not any more! Thanks all!

I am tall, 6’4 to be exact. I actually love my height. As a child, it was one thing that set me apart from my peers in a positive manner. My height has made it difficult to find clothing that fits properly (both genders). I will recommend a book for all you tall ones out there “The Tall Book: A Celebration of Life From on High” by Arianne Cohen. It will certainly make you feel good at being tall.

I'm 6'2" and feel the same way. I always wished I were shorter and not just to be more feminine. I'm tall enough to need tall sizes in most men's clothes and being so thin the only shirt size that fits right is medium-tall which is fairly rare. Being tall definitely doesn't help with CDing. Most guys would think I'm crazy but I'd love to be somewhere between 5'6" and 5'10".
    Kelli<3

Silver Member
    Please don't feel bad about being tall.

I'm a tall girl and I think tall is great! People don't give me any poopies at all, ever! It is nice to find a tall partner, however. I have to agree with that. I love being able to look UP at my sweetie.

S

Silver Member
    I'm 6'3" and live as myself 24/7 with no issues. My boyfriend is like... 5'6". I can rest my chin on his head when we hug.

My advice: get over it!

I'm 6 feet tall and live full time, i never have any problems but then again i have had FFS. my BF is 6'3", it works for us. I saw a GG today who must have been 6'4", she was slender and pretty.
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 06-27-2012 at 06:03 PM.

Platinum Member
    As I pointed out on another thread , and as April says, there are a lot of women over 6feet...including at least four of my nieces. And in my ancestral home (Norway) it's very common to see women over 6 feet.

You just have to embrace it. The first night I got together with other T-girls was the first night I felt short. At 6' I was the smallest in the group! One girl was 6"5" without heels so she was pushing hard on 7 foot with the stilettos she was wearing!

I used to hate it more but many GGs pointed out that without that height I wouldn't have the nice, long legs that are my favorite feature. You can't hide your height but you can draw attention to your best features. Maybe with you it would be your legs, or eyes, or whatever.
    Sally

I think tall is good if your also slim. I have very long slim legs. I consider it a big plus in trying to look feminine. I see young women all the time pushing 6'. I'm 6'1" and somewhat slim 180lbs.. In platforms I feel like I'm in the clouds.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Aprilrain View Post
    I'm 6 feet tall and live full time, i never have any problems but then again i have had FFS. my BF is 6'3", it works for us. I saw a GG today who must have been 6'4", she was slender and pretty.
    No FFS here and I'm doing juuuuust fine. Although if I had the money... *sigh* You were pretty before FFS April. Post-FFS you just... just... d**n you! :P

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="4"]I'm 6'3". Wearing 5 inch heels does not make me 6'8". It's more like 6 foot 5 1/2 inches. I know, I measured. So last weekend I was at a very large Public Market in 2 inch heels. I could see over everyone! Easily. Also my hair was large and red and I was well dressed in a skirt, stockings, pumps, and jacket. There was no doubt about my standing out in a crowd. Considering I looked better than most of the women there, there were very few people who looked at me at all. Some of the men wanted to, but their wives were jealous and wouldn't let them! Being tall is fine. Makes my legs longer and everyone likes my legs.

There's a photo or two on my Flickr site below.
    [/SIZE]

Another being tall thread! Once again, there are only a couple other posters who are my height. I'm just shy of 6'6'', and my feet and hands are long like I am. However, I'm at least grateful that I'm very slender (with the exception of a bit of a belly). My hands are narrow and so are my feet. So it at least gives a more feminine impression. My arms are not muscular either which helps. I am out pretty regularly. That being said, I am very self conscious about my height, and feel that it does detract from my ability to pass. However I know there are other tall GG's in the world that are even my height. Transitioning is something that has weighed on me for sometime, and I'm going to be seeing a counselor soon too to talk about my gender identity. I know if I do decide to transition, I will care much less about my height when my other features start to be more feminine. When I get laser and able to use less makeup. Having my own hair instead of a wig, and (hopefully) nailing a feminine voice down. I think at that time, I will worry less about my height, and use it for my advantage.

Until then, here are a few people that their height isn't an issue for them at all:

Amazon Eve - 6'8'' modelamazoneve.com

Stephanie Towers - 6'6'' http://www.stephanietowers.net

Madelyn Hutson - 6'6'' (volleyball player for team USA, and GORGEOUS!!) Madelyn Hutson

Kendra Frazier - 6'6'' Basketball Player http://www.mutigers.com/sports/w-bas..._kendra00.html

Jessica Pardoe - 6'9'' http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jessic...26880567348444

Allyssa DeHaan - 6'9'' http://www.facebook.com/people/Allyssa-DeHaan/2354375

Lindsey Walker - 7'0'' tall transsexual http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-she.html - If she can go out and be comfortable, so can we!!!

Here are some other places to visit to see tall women:

http://www.tallwomen.org/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vanlooy/page4/

So while we may be taller than average, we are by no means alone in our height! Cheers to the tall gals!

I got over being tall about 40 years ago. I have embraced it. You are what you are.

I forgot one girl. She is TS and GORGEOUS!!! I wish I looked half as good as she does.

Her name is Kelly van der Veer and she is 6'4'' and perfect!

www.bigkelly.com

Being 6ft is one of the major reasons I stay indoors whilst en-femme. I'm just too self conscious about standing out in a crowed

Maybe one day I'll find the courage to go on a girls night out. Unfortunately I live in pretty conservative area, so not much in the way of accommodating establishments in my town.