Thread: A victory at work!

A victory at work!

I was talking with the executive director on my floor about an unrelated topic last week and the mention of nail polish came up and I said how I was told not to at work months ago because of policy. He was shocked and said he didn't think that was accurate and said if there wasn't a policy he was ok with it. Well check out the email below!

(FROM HR REP)
    @@@@ told me you talked last Friday and I checked the policy before I left for Lyon. I don't see anything in the policy about nail polish, so I don't see any concern with men or women wearing nail polish.

(FROM EXEC DIRECTOR)
    To follow up with our conversation. I am fine with it. If there are any issues, please let me know.

Today my director actually came up to my desk (not common) and seemed excited and practically reached to lift up my hands to see what color I went with. I told him I didn't want to chance it until I got an official "ok" from HR and him. That's when he sent the email to "put it in writing".

VICTORY!!!
    (a small one but a victory none the less)

Congratulations!

Any victory is good. What color did you decide upon?

Platinum Member
    Every little bit Helps!

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Every little bit Helps!
    Cream pink. Can't wait to see how it goes tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Go for it girl! Great victory! Great color! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Pretty choice, and a great personal victory, I hope it is well received by your coworkers, some of the women maybe jealous, when they see how good your nails look.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Nice one! I hope this is something that will catch on. I love having my nails painted myself, and it is a right nuisance to have to take off the polish when I want to go out and then put it back on later. It certainly would be handy if I could just leave it on all the time.

I once knew a guy who painted his nails, and nobody in our crowd thought anything of it. But that was our crowd. I wonder if he took any flak for it elsewhere. Maybe I should just paint my bloody nails and leave them that way. I've let them grow out now, and I like the way they look.

Annabelle

That's awesome!!! Also, a quick howdy from just down the way from ya in Birmingham!

P.S. I have a similar color on my toes right now.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

that is great I am happy for you. where I work can't where any make-up or polish at all. it is in the plants policy.
    Mistybtm

I changed it today, felt it was too much for my hands. At the advice of my wife and a female coworker I went with cotton candy. Very subtle but at the right angle it looks great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats Missy! That went well. Most of us could only wish for more workplaces like that.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Congrats Missy! That went well. Most of us could only wish for more workplaces like that.
    I'll second that! I would love to wear a French manicure on my own long nails but I don't want the hassle that will go with it. ... explaining and whatnot.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel Morley View Post
    I'll second that! I would love to wear a French manicure on my own long nails but I don't want the hassle that will go with it. ... explaining and whatnot.
    Soak your nails in fresh lemon juice and you'll get the look without the polish.
    DonnaT

Congrats on your achievement missy