Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A mans man

A mans man

Tonight i had just finish taking a shower and my wife asked me if i could help out the girl next door, she was planting and she cut her lawn sprinkler pipe. I got a few tools and off i went, i started digging and moving dirt with my hands and the women were having a coffee on the veranda. The neighbour works in a office and he isn't much of a handyman, so he fixes my computer and i am his handyman. The neighbour turns to my wife and she said, you are so lucky to have a mans man in the house, a guy who's not scared to get his hands dirty. My wife turns to her and said a mans man alright, more then you think. After i finished and we went inside my wife turns to me and said, she's right your so rough when you do something and yet you have that other side of you that i don't know where that come's from. No one would ever believe the love you have for women clothing. I don't understand how you perform that transition. I said, that's the mystery of it.

Banned Read only
    I am absolutely certain that very fewy GGs will ever understand about a huge part of CDing for the vast majority of CDers. The VISUAL aspect it. [And time and time again, the #s produced by various Forum questions support it] Of course the visual is only part of it, at least for a majority of the regulars here at this Forum.

A man need not get an ___________ simply from looking at PICTURES of women [no matter how much or how little clothing or what types of clothing they are wearing] to simply "enjoy" looking at women's bodies. Of course hookers wear what they do to be more "easily noticed". Men simply enjoy looking at female bodies and the "presentation" of them far more than vice versa. Evolution designed GGs that way to help protect them.

If there were clothes designed FOR men to make women more likely to notice or "want" them, don't you think the vast majority of males would be wearing them? Regardless of cost? Ain't gonna happen. Wouldn't work.

If bodiies and presentatiom of them was as important to women as men, I think you would see just as many "picture" magazines geared toward women as men. I am guessing a visist to a magazine stand would show this is not the case.

Of course there are many other "reasons" for crossdressing, none more valid than any other.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Give your wife a big hug from me, please. They don't understand, we don't understand, it just is. And isn't it wonderful? Great story.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Sounds like the other wife was hinting at the fact her husband doesn't want to dirty his nails... time to open up you might have found a CDing friend.
    Chickie

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    I don't understand how you perform that transition. I said, that's the mystery of it.
    I believe that this is more of a gift than a mystery. As with any gift it is up to us to use it wisely.

Thera

P.S. excuse me while I go fix the A/C unit. LOL

That was very sweet of you to help your neighbor! And I agree, it's not easy for those of us who don't CD to truly understand. But, it doesn't mean some of us don't accept!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    If there were clothes designed FOR men to make women more likely to notice or "want" them, don't you think the vast majority of males would be wearing them? Regardless of cost? Ain't gonna happen. Wouldn't work.
    Well, the right clothes on the right man do make me notice him. Very much. I'm in a relationship now so I feel guilty if I let my mind wander so far as to want another man, but I tell ya ... there are some pretty hot guys out there. And they're not wearing baggy pants, Tshirt, & sneakers.
    Reine

hence the term "transgendered"

Gold Member
    There are things about many people I don't understand. It isn't just being TG that makes people not understand. There are lots of possibilities and I can see many just thinking of all my family and close friends. What I do understand is those things are what make them who they are (not necessarily makes them happy) and I accept that part of them.

Mmmmmm!....
    The guy next door who may be nerdy and into computers. Is not a cross dresser?
    The Man's man who fixes irrigation pipe is?
    There is an oxymoron there somewhere.
    WE MAY NEVER KNOW.
    It is good isn't it?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    ReineD, I just read your above post on "some hot guys out there, not baggy pants and your acceptance of CDing. Please elaborate and tell me/the members more from a gg's perspective. Are you attracted to the models in deparment store men's clothing ad's, casual clothes such as shorts, tank tops and T-shirts; or suits, or young athletic bodies. Sense you are accepting of CD's would you prefer or call "hot" a male in all male attire over one that's semi-crossdressed, would you prefer a SO wear men's undies rather than underdressed in bra and panties. I look forward to your thoughts on this subject; you are very unique since you are genetic female, moderator and accepting of CDing. It could help a number of us in how we dress as male, female or in drab/semi crossdressed.

Platinum Member
    I just got cleaned up from beating back the weeds that had taken over our garden...and was dirt from head to toe by the time I finished. My wife often comments that she couldn't keep up the place without me. When someone is needed to do the dirty jobs, that male side can come in handy.

The great thing is that some of us can enjoy being a man or enjoy our softer femine side. It's a treat to move between the two.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    A man's man? While I'm NOT one, I know a number of them. Usually a few hours hanging with them is quite enuff! Same old locker room BS over and over! Can't be bothered!

I've never been afraid to get my hands dirty and do quite often in my work and play! Shave, manicure/color my nails and baby my hands? Nah! Can't be bothered!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post

Huh, I LIKE to wear sleek men's stuff, one of the reasons I like cycling. I also prefer to swim in speedos, partly that's because I HATE, baggy shorts in the pool, partly it's my narcissism coming out. I know in N.A. that most women find banana hammocks a bit gross, but not all, judging from the occasional long look followed by a smile. My thinking is that this is more a cultural thing, most of the world's culture comes from American TV, so it seems pervasive, but it isn't the only game out there.

As for getting ones hands dirty, the girl I'm currently chasing loves nothing better getting her hands greasy working on a bike, but still likes to clean up and put on a skirt when working in the office or going out to dinner. Dammit, really want to catch this one.

Quote Originally Posted by deebra View Post
    Please elaborate and tell me/the members more from a gg's perspective. Are you attracted to the models in deparment store men's clothing ad's, casual clothes such as shorts, tank tops and T-shirts; or suits, or young athletic bodies. Sense you are accepting of CD's would you prefer or call "hot" a male in all male attire over one that's semi-crossdressed, would you prefer a SO wear men's undies rather than underdressed in bra and panties.
    Whew, that's a tall order and there isn't just a simple answer, but I'll try. (To the OP, let me know if you feel this part of the discussion distracts too much from your point and you want me to move it to a separate thread).

Anyway, first and foremost I am attracted to the person for whom I have feelings, which is my SO, no matter how s/he is dressed. It's all in the chemistry for me and this is much deeper than the clothes.

But, I have also been in between relationships and I am most definitely attracted to men who present well. And this means presenting well in context. At the beach, I would notice a man who is trim and fit (flat abs, well shaped and defined leg and arm muscles, clean shaven or not Ă* la Brad Pitt, but no long, scraggly beard). Muscular is nice, but not overly muscular. A body building he-man type with veins popping out everywhere is not attractive for me.

In an environment where people are expected to dress up more (like a professional office or a nice restaurant), appropriate clothes that are well cut and cared for is a huge turn on. And when it is a more casual environment like a rock concert or hanging out with friends, well-fitting jeans that are long enough and well-fitting and well-maintained polo shirts or henleys, button down shirts and nice sweaters like cable-knit, or a leather bomber jacket, and contemporary shoes that are not sneakers but don't have to be dress shoes, look really attractive to me.

In other words, I think it's much the same as what a man looks at in an attractive woman. When single, I'm attracted to a guy who knows how to use the clothes to his advantage (it's all a part of the package), who takes pride in his appearance, and who knows how to dress for the venue without seeming overly dressed.
    Reine

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60
    The neighbour turns to my wife and she said, you are so lucky to have a mans man in the house, a guy who's not scared to get his hands dirty. My wife turns to her and said a mans man alright, more then you think. After i finished and we went inside my wife turns to me and said, she's right your so rough when you do something and yet you have that other side of you that i don't know where that come's from. No one would ever believe the love you have for women clothing. I don't understand how you perform that transition. I said, that's the mystery of it.
    [SIZE="2"]It is VERY mysterious. I still get a kick out of doing something with my hands, but I used to live (and work) on a farm, work on another farm at the same time, and dig graves at the local cemetery in my spare time – I’m quite talented with a shovel! I don’t mind getting my hands dirty when the situation calls for it, but whenever I’m near the realm of the senses, either working in my art studio or crossdressing (or writing posts like this), I have to be very clean...

I think a lifetime of masculine roughness creates the need for something like crossdressing, i.e. worship of tactile pleasures, if only to balance one’s life and create a sense of equilibrium. I began to crossdress right in the midst of “manly” labor, and I found it was quite relaxing, as well as restorative. Typical males seem to worship the kingdom of dirt, literally wallowing in it, but I need a respite from that “side” of me, so I dress up. It is still fun to do something really dirty (a boy thing?), but I know I can clean up and be back in my frock in no-time...
    [/SIZE]

Gold Member
    Maria;
    I was a Carpenter, Built houses, stores, nursing Homes, etc.
    Every one up and down my street calls me up for advice on how to fix something.
    I even get those on a Sunday Night when a Hot Water Tank ruptured.
    So My Wife tells me, you can go and fix it; BUT you must change First. LOL
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Whew, that's a tall order and there isn't just a simple answer, but I'll try. (To the OP, let me know if you feel this part of the discussion distracts too much from your point and you want me to move it to a separate thread).

Anyway, first and foremost I am attracted to the person for whom I have feelings, which is my SO, no matter how s/he is dressed. It's all in the chemistry for me and this is much deeper than the clothes.

But, I have also been in between relationships and I am most definitely attracted to men who present well. And this means presenting well in context. At the beach, I would notice a man who is trim and fit (flat abs, well shaped and defined leg and arm muscles, clean shaven or not Ă* la Brad Pitt, but no long, scraggly beard). Muscular is nice, but not overly muscular. A body building he-man type with veins popping out everywhere is not attractive for me.

In an environment where people are expected to dress up more (like a professional office or a nice restaurant), appropriate clothes that are well cut and cared for is a huge turn on. And when it is a more casual environment like a rock concert or hanging out with friends, well-fitting jeans that are long enough and well-fitting and well-maintained polo shirts or henleys, button down shirts and nice sweaters like cable-knit, or a leather bomber jacket, and contemporary shoes that are not sneakers but don't have to be dress shoes, look really attractive to me.

In other words, I think it's much the same as what a man looks at in an attractive woman. When single, I'm attracted to a guy who knows how to use the clothes to his advantage (it's all a part of the package), who takes pride in his appearance, and who knows how to dress for the venue without seeming overly dressed.

I totally agree with this, Reine's really got it. I may not know as much about how men's fashion works as how women's fashion works - but I definitely know what I like on a guy. One of the things that first attracted me to my partner was the fact he always looked good: crisp, well put-together, and all the details seen to. He is just not a crinkled T-shirt and three-days-of-stubble kind of dude (unless he is three days into growing a beard, which he also looks darn sexy in!) <3

Back to the OP, in my life I like trying everything. I'm not afraid of going out and playing hard and getting dirty, I don't tend to freak out at big spiders or moths, I like getting my feet wet trying new things and I don't like backing away from a challenge if there's a point to it. Fixing things can be really fun, so long as you know what you are doing. I also like feeling pretty and being all dolled up sometimes. I like the fact that my boyfriend is the exact same way!

Closer out than ever.. DanyaKay's Avatar
    I think the best thing about this place is the fact we can all be who and what we are without judgment. My job stretches my brain and challenges the body, but it is very satisfying when my calculations and decisions are right. My reward for the stress and travel is dressing when I'm back at home. But don't kid yourself I can get greasy and dirty with the best of 'em. I'm currently rebuilding a CJ in my little spare time.

wishing on a star! Rebecca Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    there are some pretty hot guys out there. And they're not wearing baggy pants, Tshirt, & sneakers.
    While I like wearing jeans, Tshirts and sneakers, I also think there is a time and place for everything.
    I love dressing up for my SO, as a man that is...lol.
    ~ it's not how the world sees you but how you see yourself that counts ~
    free professional make-up tips and self help videos | free professional hair styling videos and tips

Hi

Im not sure what a mans man really is, never been one so i would not know. I can only see this from a womens perspective.

One who is loveing kind & would look after one & not do any thing word or dead to take another down more so for those of us who are women.

As to doing things such as D I Y or us builders then we as women are very able to work along side men. , yes we do have limitions & so do many men.
    as to dirt under my nails most of my working life of 46 years. & yes called apon to sort problems out.

Wether im dressed n my normal womens clothes or work clothes it does not bother me or even how im seen im still known as noeleena who can put her hand to pretty much any thing & get a good result.

...noeleena...

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    Sometimes the move from one end of the board to the other IS the pleasure.
    Working at things that are "man" things then being able to set aside and be fem for a short time can really bring to understanding both the man's-man and the soft side at the same time. Way too many people become stuck somewhere in-between and cant see or (attempt to) understand anything past where they are.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

I don't know what you would consider a "mans man." I'm a firefighter and can do anything related to that field, but fix a car? No. fix an appliance? No. I can mow the lawn, repair a leaky faucet and dig a hole and put up a post. I do all of that stuff while wearing panties so does that make me a "girly mans man?" LOL!

Well, I have been in the "maintenance" business for more years than I want to think of. However, I also "fix" things for for my neighbors. I am proud that I can do these things, but now I do them while being underdressed all the time. If they know they don't care. I certainly do not consider myself a "mans man" since my professional world was electronic engineering. I don't think that has anything to do with my crossdressing since I was doing that long before electronics became a way of life. Being a "nerd" doesn't make you a cd, it does however indicate that you have an interest in things other than sports.

I did not have a good definition of exactly what a man's man is supposed to be, so I did a search. Like all of us that are transgendered in any way, There simply is no definitive answer! Look at the contradictions below. There's more if you care to read other people's definitions.
    I thought it was funny and can only conclude that I am a gentleman. All be it that I enjoy being a lady sometimes.
    Now add that I am very mechanically inclined, get my hands dirty often. Can fix almost anything in the house. can cut the grass and repair or rebuild the mower if need be.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...&defid=3483837

Who is the Man's Man?

He's the real class act. He always shaves and wears clothes that fit. He's worldly, educated, and a gentleman. He thinks that buttoned shirts are not just for special occasions and that newspapers have more than one section. While he is polite, he is not a pushover. He will swear when he needs to, but will always control his temper. He can handle his liquor and know how to order a drink his own and whatever his woman's drink is. Most importantly, he will admit his faults and errors, because that is what real men do. He doesn't have to be gay or straight, black or white, Republican or Democrat, Atheist or Evangelical; he just does what ever he thinks makes himself a good person that he can be proud of. For these reasons, women want him and men want to be him. He never sits in his car and blows the horn to get his woman's attention. He opens her doors and always makes sure she is comfortable before seeing to his own comfort. When going out he wears a jacket just in case she is cold so he can give it to her. Stands by his convictions and can argue them well, yet keeps an open mind and can consider all sides. Calls his date by her name (or respectful pet names, Hun, babe, etc...)Never refers to her as "woman, my woman" (lady sounds so much better). He isn't afraid to be affectionate or emotional if need be, and won’t shy away from wearing pink. Stands up straight and walks with purpose. He doesn't worry about whether or not he is satisfied during sex as long as his partner is happy. He isn't judgmental and doesn't speak poorly about her family or friends, especially to her face. If she does have children or just when in the presence of children, he will be informative while being entertaining to them. He will always stick up and fight for his lady. The list goes on, but this is a definite start to becoming the ideal man or man's man.

And then this definition:
    A "man's man" is the kind of a man that anyone can point to as an example of what men should aspire to be like. A "man's man" has no androgynous features. He is pure man through and though.

And this:
    1) A successful man that totally rejects the femininization of today's metrosexual male.

2) A man that is macho by default.
    A man's man eats meat(and plenty of it), he doesn't get manicures, he shaves when he feels like it, he drinks beer not wine, he absolutely does not know French, he plays dodgeball, he works hard, he is admired for his manliness by other manly men, and most of all, he's very heterosexual.

NOTE: A Man's man is highly sought after by women who want to feminize him through marriage usually with negative results.