Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man-boobs - Love / Hate relationship.....

Man-boobs - Love / Hate relationship.....

Hi All,

As I'm getting on in my years, my man-boobs (gynecomastia, or whatever you wish to call them) have been getting bigger and bigger. I've never been excessively overweight, but I'm had small ones all my life. Now in my early 40's, they've become quite noticable (perhaps a small A cup size).

So here's my beef - in female mode, I LOVE them! When I'm not wearing my forms, I still have something there. I can squeeze my arms together a bit and create some very nice cleavage, They're great fun!

However, in male mode, I HATE them! Wearing any kind of t-shirt or golf shirt accentuates them quite a bit. I have to wear a tight t-shirt as an undershirt all the time to try to compress them (quite hot in the summer), or wear very loose (meaning unflattering) shirts to hide them. I feel very embarrassed by them.

I've considered talking to my doctor to see about getting them removed, which I’d love for guy-mode, but I'd hate that for when I'm Sarah.

I know several members here have quite impressive bosoms – how do you deal with it when not en-femme?

Cheers!
    Sarah

I stopped caring about what people would think, they're a part of me and there is no way I'm getting surgery to satisfy other people's superficial views.
    I really wish they acted like real boobs and didn't point outward so much though, ah well.

Aspiring Member

Decisions...

There is another site "gyneocomastia.org" that has several threads on the topic. One major division is whether you accept your "boobs" or not. The 'not' side is heavily represented by plastic surgeons.

My breasts have been growing over the past couple years and I fill a 'small' B-cup bra fairly well. I wear either a bra or crop top daily to protect against nipple chafe and add some support. I have decided to accept my boobs and actually enjoy them. If I'm in male-mode I can wear a loose fitting shirt and they are almost invisible. With a tight shirt they are more prominent. It depends on how I want to present at the moment.

In my mind it comes down to accepting your body as it ages. There are several other things about my body that are far different than when I was younger and I think learning to accept them is a key to happiness, as opposed to worrying about them. As far as "what others may think", well most really don't notice or care. If your friends razz you about your boobs point out to them that behavior went out of style in middle school-grow up. Besides, they'll have some similar problem soon enough.

Be happy in your own skin, whatever shape it is.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

I have given up careing what other people think or say and am being myself these days and my man boobs are getting very prominet and all I could just say is I wish they would get even bigger, D cup would be nice. Well I'm pleased with what I am growing and they look so nice with my forms these days, btw I'm dressed as woman 95% of the time, some jobs just have to be done in drab, you got to eat an not everyone is tolorant, but its getting alot better these days.
    Laura Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah C. View Post
    ...my man-boobs (gynecomastia, or whatever you wish to call them) have been getting bigger and bigger.
    Whatever it is that you have in your water, can I have some???
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

I don't wear tight shirts, but mainly I don't care what others think. There's no way I'd even think about surgery to remove them.

I'd urge you to work on accepting yourself as you are and quit worrying about what others may or may not think.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I agree with Carol. I now accept myself for who I am and apologise to no one. I don't dress for others to like me, I dress for me. Man boobs and all!

When I was a teenager and also when I was in the service my 'moobs' were a constant source of embarrassment to me. All kinds of people made comments about them. When I got out of the service my future sister-in-law didn't want my wife to date me because of them. She even asked why doesn't he wear a bra? I didn't know anything about breast removal at the time and just decided to accept myself and ignore others. Doing that gave me much comfort. After my sister-in-law learned that I was a CDer we became very good friends. Go figure.

I have male relatives with large breasts and they accept their breasts, and unlike me they are not on M2F HRT.

Sarah, I encourage you to accept your breasts and perish the thought of mutilating your body because of the neurotic "masculine anxiety" in our society. Plastic surgeons love this idea that men must have flat chests to give them work.

After you would have had the breast removal you just might decide you wanted breasts after all. Bingo, more work for plastic surgeons. So I definitely advise you to leave well enough alone.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Accept them Love them. And smile.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Although definitely a male, I have had "boobs" since I was about 6 or 7. When I was 9 years old, I and my father were told by our doctor that I should be wearing a bra so as not to have sagging breasts. Other than my time in the military, I have worn a bra ever since. Over 60 years now. I have natural 40 B's, which I have had since age 17! And I don't mind them at all, in either male or female clothing!! If people see them, so what? Doesn't bother me! I am me, not what someone else wants me to be!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I'd stay in Sarah mode more!
    Its much more fun, dont you agree?
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Without reading any of the other replies (scatterbrain me would forget what I wanted to say), I have seen some older, overweight men who have man-boobs that are sometimes loose like a woman's, but other times about the same size as a decently built man's pecs, either way, if they were a woman they would be told by other women they need a bra on.

I think it's a weird double standard, women who have no boobs are expected to wear so much padding they can survive a car wreck without any damage and women who have that naturally are seen as ***** (I'll let you fill in a word there) when they show the least amount because they can't find shirts that cover them. On the other hand, most guys have enough pec tissue that, if they were women, they'd be yelled at for not wearing a bra yet they walk around shirtless a lot.

I said all that to say this, don't worry about it.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

I love mine I am A B-cup and fill out A b-cup bra, I just wear big shirts to hide them as much as possible and as that does not always work to well I does not bother me what people say or think they are my boobs and I love them.

{-------------- and they look great in A push-up bra
    Last edited by Mistybtm; 06-07-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Mistybtm

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    I love mine. The bigger they get the better.

I'm a 40B and I wouldn't change it for anything. It is in my genes and I accept them for what they are. I favor looser shirts in that it hides my gut more than my boobs.
    I will occasionally wear a bra or a cami bra in drab for a litle support under a loose top. Dressed I prefer more of a c cup for a little more projection and fullness.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You are who you are don't let others tell you what to do.Learn to accept yourself first then others will also.

Mine are B+s and I like mine no mater what clothing I wear... Obviously I'm not vain and don't really care what other people think.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

always girly and love it Linda St. John's Avatar
    Sarah, seriously ? ...small A-cups and you would even talk about surgery ? I can't believe that other guys would even notice...

and I don't think our OHIP( health plan ) would cover it unless it was more of a health risk than elective surgery .
    As all the others have said - don't fret the small stuff....

Linda
    twitter : @ lindaesj

They won't, because I already asked when I was self-conscious of them.
    IIRC It was 3 or 5 thousand dollars because OHIP would cover everything BUT the liposuction which was apparently the most important part of a male breast reduction.

Don't let shallow people force you into spending thousands.

Brian Zembic walks around without a shirt so I would not worry to much about what anyone will think.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    I have small hands, and I don't lament over there size. I also have a large head, and it is difficult getting a ball cap to fit, I don't lament over that either. Just accept that they are there and they are a part of you. Mine are 36B, or 38A depending on the bra. Going under the knife for something like man boobs seems extreme to me.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    I guess that yo have to wear them. It is sort of like being bald early....Just watch what you wear, I mean if you had bandy legs would you wear shorts ? Not that the two are comparable tho'.
    Did any body see our David Cameron (UK Prime Minister) pictured the other day resplendent with droopy moobs ? Wearing a tight pulli while in company with the neatly dressed German Chancellor

Samm
    Last edited by Sam-antha; 06-07-2012 at 04:14 PM.

I really love mine! I'm a 36 b and there perfect for me!! As far as dealing with them. I think at my age (56) people shoud deal with it! It don't brother me much. Even at the beach! Good luck girl!

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyjo89 View Post
    Without reading any of the other replies (scatterbrain me would forget what I wanted to say), I have seen some older, overweight men who have man-boobs that are sometimes loose like a woman's, but other times about the same size as a decently built man's pecs, either way, if they were a woman they would be told by other women they need a bra on.

I think it's a weird double standard, women who have no boobs are expected to wear so much padding they can survive a car wreck without any damage and women who have that naturally are seen as ***** (I'll let you fill in a word there) when they show the least amount because they can't find shirts that cover them. On the other hand, most guys have enough pec tissue that, if they were women, they'd be yelled at for not wearing a bra yet they walk around shirtless a lot.

I said all that to say this, don't worry about it.
    I mean, a bra really does give you support. I was on a bus one day (no bra) and I guess the bounce must have strained something above my boob. I hurt for days. My neighbor is a very big man and has quite bigger boobs than I do...I don't really see him as the active type, but I could imagine it being quite painful for him to run without support. It seems like they would have something out there...but, I think most guys would just "tough through it" instead of saying they needed to work out a bit and maybe needed some support until their muscles were no longer atrophied in those areas. I could see it being painful.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck