Thread: KayleahDee's Update & Coming Out

Wink KayleahDee's Update & Coming Out

Hello everyone! It has been awhile since last posting something on this site. Well, I have some news to report to you. One thing that I can say is that I have been attending this local church, Spring Creek United Church of Christ, not long after posting my first series of messages here. They just happened to be LGBT-friendly that's Open and Affirming, whatever that means. Anyway, I decided to let them know that I wanted to attend a service or two to get the feel of the place. Although by looks alone it seemed basically all-white, the church does welcome everybody, It's just located in what is considered a middle-to-upper class neighborhood in the northeastern part of Rockford. Don't let that get to you. I made a decision to become a part of the congregation that doesn't mind if I wear a little eyeshadow or eyeliner in church. I officially become a member on June 24. I never had a problem being both a transgender of color and still be a child of God. Here, it actually works in decent harmony. When I recently attended a New Members orientation,I did tell the other would-be member that I am a part-time tg, which to them didn't matter. One of the people there had full-blown tattoos on her arm, which would've made her feel unwelcome at any other church. The people there were quite nice. Even attend Bible study, for that matter. I get to lead it this coming Sunday! Spring Creek is also co-sponsoring Rockford's first-ever Pride Fest, which is tomorrow (June 9th). I proudly signed up to volunteer the entire day and will be fully dressed as the person who I want to become. Pictures are surely to follow soon afterwards.
    Another thing I can freely say is that I am not afraid of being a transgender of color. Why should I let naysayers rule my life? I do know a few people that have gone and lived their lives full-time as their new gender. One does talk to me on a regular basis. She went ahead and had the plumbing re-organized, if you get the point. I may finally go ahead and get some therapy counseling on this, because the longer I keep doing this, the more I will be asking myself if this how I want to spend the rest of my life. Should the therapist tell me to go through with it, fine, Kayleah Hutchins-Madison will be on full-time basis within a matter of years. I actually came out to my longtime college friend last week while texting messages. The good thing about that is she still loves me as a friend. She suspected this about myself due to the fact that I may have accidentally send her a pic of me with makeup on. Sandra put 2 and 2 together, and came up with that conclusion. That's what can be considered a pleasant surprise. She asked who did my makeup after sending her a pic of me in full dress, and I proudly told her I did my own makeup. Can't say I look like Sherri Sheppard, but I can be close, right?

It's always a great feeling coming out to those you know and love. I think the day you come out is the day you've accepted that part of you. Best of luck through the counseling, I hope it further helps you through your life as a TG. A good therapist will help you through that, not pull you away. Besides I'm sure Ms.KayleahDee is here to stay no matter what anyone says. (v^-^)b
    Finally got to making a facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100003854850084

And now on instagram (got sucked into the hype). I go by frenchtoastowls. Yea you read that right!

If you're gonna add me just give me a heads up on who you are
    please

You move me Kayleah! That is a beautiful story! I hope all your dreams are fulfilled and you continue to find happyness! Because you deserve it! Thanks for shareing sister! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Aspiring Member
    that is great Kayleah. You are an inspiration to many of us now. I stopped going to church for several reasons including my transitioning. Maybe I will start going again.
    Diane Elizabeth

I wish you lots of good times in that fellowship. The trail you are making will make it easier for the rest of us. Keep going and enjoy life to its fullest.

I wish you well also, and it is pleasant not too have too bumpy a ride when coming out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Kayleah when, where, and time of this Pride Fest. As you can see by my profile I am close to Rockford. Tell me more