Thread: auto parts

auto parts

has any one ever gone to the auto parts store dressed as female?

I've never visited an auto parts store while dressed, and honestly I don't ever plan on it. I don't really like messing with automotive issues, that's what guys are for - well at least one of the things they're for.

Silver Member
    I go to the auto parts store as myself... so dressed as female yeah I guess lol...

and yeah... I usually know more than they do lol!

It's great that you brought this up. There is a clothing store in a shopping area that I plan to go to while dressed. Its a shopping center that also has an auto parts store which I might step in to pick up an air freshener or something. I thought it would be the first time this store has seen someone dressed like this let alone a GG. I planned on "overdressing" or dress in my clubbing attire when I do go out.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

I have not done that yet. However, last year when I was going into the city en femme to meet up with some friends, my battery light came on so I pulled into an auto mechanic shop that I luckily found at the nearest exit. I knew that the car was going to die real soon, so I left it there to be diagnosed and then rented a car for the weekend (they couldn't look at it until Monday morning) and headed out to meet my friends. I came back to pick it up when it was repaired in male mode and had an interesting conversation with the shop owner who had a friend that would dress en femme to play golf with him and his friends. Small world. When shit happens, whenever and wherever it does, you just have to deal with it as best you can at the moment. That is what I and it all turned out just fine except for the high repair cost.

Been there many of times dressed! I think I get treated better when dressed! I do know I treat them better when I'm dressed! Hugs!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Yes, I have been to an auto parts store while dressed enfemme. In fact there aren't many places that I haven't been dressed enfemme!! I am a crossdresser, so it is what I do!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

That's a tough question. I've been in an auto parts store wearing all female clothing, but I presented as a guy.

I don't think that I would derive any pleasure from buying auto parts completely en femme. Working on cars is a chore that my male side has to do. Females are usually smart enough to avoid such nasty tasks.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I did right after I transitioned six years ago. I felt like the main attraction at a circus sideshow the way employees, even mechanics from the service area way in back of the store, all seemed to need to walk by me while I was standing in line. But -- hey! -- I survived and gained an awful lot of confidence. I have returned to auto parts stores many times since and I haven't a clue whether I have attracted any attention because it just doesn't matter.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

Yes, I visited an auto parts store just over the Illinois border several times. Two times En Drab and one time I got brave and wore bra, panties, pantyhose, a white blouse and a pair of Disney shorts with the bib and suspenders (there is a name for them but it isn't coming to me). I was in guy mode, no wig and light makeup and nails polished. There were 3 clerks working, one gal and two guys. There was a line so I had to uncomfortably wait a while to get waited on. The clerks were aware of me and made unspoken signals to each other that were so obvious the were referring to me. More Discomfort. I finally got up to the desk and order my parts. The girl and guy at the counter continued the signals several times before the transaction was completed. I think I made their conversation for their lunch hour. Would go back though as no one treated me with disrespect. Dressing girly is so much fun.

I've been in numerous types of stores em femme including auto parts, hardware, electronics and other male centric stores. I thought it was my imagination at first, but I always get much better service at Home Depot when presenting as woman. After more than a dozen times, it is no longer a coincidence. All I have to do walk into almost any hardware department looking like I need help, and someone appears before too long or someone offers to find a qualified sales associate for me. So, go for it. Women need auto parts too.

Aspiring Member
    Like I have said many times I wear my panties and bra everyday and I work in an auto parts store and have for 28 years now so yes

Aspiring Member
    What difference does it make? The same people who work or shop in an auto parts store are the same people who you pass when you shop at Walmart. Once you are out in public, you're out! I'm not trying to be mean or accusatory, please don't think that I am lecturing anyone but if you are shopping in a 3 piece suit or a dress shouldn't make any difference to the people who are working. I think we stereotype people who work in certain professions and think that we will be treated differently by those people. Although I have not shopped enfemme at an auto parts store, I frequently go to my local Home Depot for various things I need for my "honey do" week ends dressed as Annie. I have never been treated any differently whether presenting male or female. What they say once I am gone, I don't know nor care to know.

i dont think i wood i work on cars ever day an they all know me an so do a lot of pople but wood a thing to see if they wood know me dressed an did not know i wood say that is passing if they did not if oney knows me they wood i am in ther 2-3 times a day so if oney wood they wood

No way Hon. At the one near me, they wait on everyone else before they will wait on a woman.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Usually when I go to an auto parts store I'm dressed in the clothes that I am going to work on the car in, and these are not my best feminine items, ones I don't want to get all greasy and oily. Does wearing pink pants count?

Quote Originally Posted by Bree_K View Post
    I go to the auto parts store as myself... so dressed as female yeah I guess lol...

and yeah... I usually know more than they do lol!
    What she said!! Exactly the same experience for me.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I work at a parts store and have had several girls come in to get stuff over the past year I have been there.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    No way Hon. At the one near me, they wait on everyone else before they will wait on a woman.
    Funny... the last time I went, there was a guy getting help and saw me and said "oh, take care of her first"

So at least customers can be nice... lol

I'm just waiting for an auto repair guy to ask me the last time I changed my headlight fluid so I can tear him a new one

I wouldn't ask that. But,did you grease your muffler bearing.

And if your engine starts running bad just ask for a can of compression. You can usually find it right next to the wiper fluid filters.