Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Caught/found out by mom

Platinum Member
    Yea, way back when. Mom found some panties I had so cleverly "hidden" beneath my pillow. For some reason, she decided it would be nice to turn down the covers for me before bedtime...and there they were. She was very circumspect about it all at the time, saying nothing and taking the panties.

I was never actually "caught" by my mother, but my hiding place was discovered a few times. I always found my stuff by the trash, washed it, and hid it again. No one ever said anything to me and I never brought the subject up, even years later. But it's obvious she knew. I'd like to think that it was very passive support, but she was probably unprepared and definitely too embarassed for herself to speak of it.

Junior Member Roxanne_Alternate's Avatar
    I got caught a few times, my mom didn't take it well. She forbade it, took my clothes away and all that stuff.

Then I moved out and got a housemate and a SO who are totally fine with it. My wardrobe expanded five-fold once I moved out, so much freedom!

Haven't been found out while dressed in any clothing. But my mom did find my stash of sweaters twice. The first time she tried talking about it but I was way too embarrassed to have a conversation about it and told her to get rid of them. The second time she found them which was about 6 months after the first incident she brought it up and told me not to get mad but she found my sweaters and asked what I was doing with them. I gave her a vague answer and she ended up giving me a box and one of her sweaters and told me to keep it with my others so that they looked like they were hers. She hasn't brought it up since. I don't know if she knows exactly whats going on but then again as another person once told me, "your mom isn't daft"

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    My mom passed many years before I started dressing (remember, i am 65, and only been dressing for 9 months). I would like to think whe would have understood, as I now find she was an exceptionally free spirit, inclined to flaunt the system, and "the man" Shame I didnt find this out until after she passed. For those of you who have a mom who found out, and either helped, or at least did not discourage, treasure that feeling. Moms cant be beat.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I am not sure how she found out, but I am sure I was far less careful and far more sloppy than I am now, but she had the talk. We were driving to see grandma and she said "honey, its your business, but please don't wear my underwear any more." I was astonished. Speechless. She said "it's not any sexual thing you have about me is it?" I was even more astonished, grossed out, and simply looked at her and shook my head. "ok, good" she said and that was the end of it. She never tried to stop me, nor dug through my cache that I could tell. I miss her.

Quote Originally Posted by lori m crawford View Post
    an she help me be a girl-women i am to day makeup an everthing she is gon but ever time i dress i thank of her i love her so much for what she don for me
    That is so sweet! I'm so glad that your mom understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Meghan M View Post
    I cannot tell you how horrible these situations were. I still cringe thinking about it...so much self-doubt and shame and hate inside. I never thought I would get caught, and when I did, I wanted to die.

And people wonder why we are scared to tell our spouses (and admonish us for not doing so). I can't tell you how sad that judgmental stuff makes me feel inside.
    Megan I take it upon myself to say, on behalf of mothers everywhere, please accept our collective apology.

But one thing to keep in mind that is generally true: our spouses aren't our parents (or our exes, in my case). I say this because I also carry old baggage in my current relationship that is difficult to get rid of. It's as if I'm expecting the same reactions from my partner that I experienced in my past relationship. This is not fair to my partner, even though he understands. I suppose we all do this to a degree. I'm aware now that I need to try to separate old baggage from the new, and this is helping.

Maybe you should find someone with whom you can talk about this? I hate to see you carrying all that shame.
    Last edited by ReineD; 06-14-2012 at 01:53 AM.
    Reine

If you are aged 14 and you want to be caught put your stash in a wardrobe with a padlock on it.
    You will be discovered within 24 hours.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.