Thread: Reading Book About Crossdressing

Reading Book About Crossdressing

My wife wanted me to order a book that deals with crossdressing and the issues related to it. She wants to know more about it so she can help me by being better informed and she can understand it from the point of view of a crossdressers wife. Well it came today and I've read about half of it already. I don't want to plug any books so I won't mention the name of it. I was just wondering if anyone else read any books relating to crossdressing and has it help in your experience of crossdressing and having a better understanding with your S.O..

Jessica

I've not read any books of that sort, but I see no problem in mentioning the name of the book. I might want to read it!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My Guess would be "Head Over Heels," which is an excellent book about Transgendered persons and their significant others. Sometimes it's hard to find a copy, but they do show up on Ebay. This book doesn't have an "agenda," and it relates a number of relationships from dysfunctional, to people who are making it work.

Obviously, I think it's a great book for couples, or for people who are trying for a relationship.

Peace and Love, Joanie

PS. The reason I guessed that book, is cause' there was a copy for sale about ten days ago on Ebay....."Elementary My Dear Watson," even if I got it wrong!

My Husband Betty, definitely. Sometimes it feels harsh to a crossdresser, but it's a harsh that we need.

I also have read My Husband Betty. And have also read My Husband Wears My Clothes. Both good ones. In fact my wife is in the middle of reading the later now.
    Please do share the name of the one you liked. I'm always looking for good books on this topic.

I'm also going to look for "Head over Heels". Thanks Joanie. Who is the author? I found too many with that title to count.

Erin
    Last edited by Erin McShea; 06-12-2012 at 05:47 AM.
    "Never explain- Your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway"

"It's Never too late to have a Happy Childhood!"

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    My husband wears my clothes, Alace in Genderland, My husband Betty, She's Not the Man I Married....and a few others.
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

have many of you read crossing by Deirdre N. Mc Closkey very good
    hugs
    Ronda

The name of the book is Crossdressing With Dignity by Peggy J. Rudd, Ed.D

Jessica

From a crossdressers viewpoint..... "Crossdress for Success" and "The Lazy Crossdresser"... More of "How" books than "Why"... Not like anyone really knows why....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Erin, The Book is by Virginia Earhardt....copyright is 2006. I found it on Amazon when I looked this afternoon. When I did The Title Search, it was on Page Two.

Peace and Love, Joanie

I've just read My Husband Wears My Clothes (Kindle edition). Bought and downloaded it just over a week ago and I've read it three times. The first time I read it, it helped me understand feelings I've had for so long but which I'd never associated with my crossdressing. It was a revelation, and I hope it'll be the same for my wife when I ask her read it. I do think it's a great book, very affirming for the crossdresser, but at the same time I can see my wife getting annoyed with it. It seems a bit too affirming in places, and doesn't seem to leave much room for the wife's objections.

This morning I ordered a paperback version of My Husband Betty which I understand is a bit more balanced. I'm really hoping that, if nothing else, the books will give us a bit of structure and vocabulary so we can discuss my CDing openly. It's currently pretty much a DADT situation and although I know I'm never going to be allowed to dress while anyone else is around the house, for the sake of my sanity I need to be able to mention CD-related things now and again without fear of spoiling the day.

Aspiring Member
    A book that I thought was really amazing:
    Transformations: Crossdressers and Those That Love Them by Mariette Pathy Allen

Aspiring Member
    I'd think twice about Alice in Genderland for a wife. Good read though.

I really loved "Gender Outlaw" by Kate Bornstein when I first read it (about 5 or 6 times). I think it freaked out my ex-wife, though, because of the fact that it was written by a transexual and describes aspects of that experience. However, it raises many great points and is a book I still love to go back to and read periodically. Perhaps not the best choice for a spouse unless you plan to transition completely, based on my experience, but certainly an informative and fun read if you are in an open environment where nobody is going to jump to conclusions based on a book (I also love the movie Bladerunner but have never killed, nor expect to at any point in time kill, a Replicant).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Quote Originally Posted by sterling12 View Post
    Erin, The Book is by Virginia Earhardt....copyright is 2006. I found it on Amazon when I looked this afternoon. When I did The Title Search, it was on Page Two.

Peace and Love, Joanie
    Thanks Joanie! I'm going to go look for it.

Erin
    "Never explain- Your friends don't need it and your enemies will not believe you anyway"

"It's Never too late to have a Happy Childhood!"

"I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    From a crossdressers viewpoint..... "Crossdress for Success" and "The Lazy Crossdresser"... More of "How" books than "Why"... Not like anyone really knows why....
    I agree if any of us knew why our respective lifestyles would probably be quite different.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've always been prone to a reading list like Karrens. I know why, but I've always wanted to learn as much as I could on the how.

Tina B.
    ( the why of it is simple, I've always had a strong compulsion to dress. ) (I have no idea where the compulsion comes from.)
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I read Alice in Garterland. I thought it was a good read. Will not give to my wife though. She might hit me with it. Then again, I am getting ready to finally tell her..