Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summers Here

Unhappy Summers Here

Hello Ladies,

The weather is heating up here in the tri state area. This is the time of year I stop removing my body hair and painting my toes, you know, so when I wear shorts or go bare foot in the heat of summer I will not feel uncomfortable.

Life in the closet, it is hurting me tonight. Sorry to complain. I have been here on this forum for a little bit and read lots and lots, and I should just suck it up and live to dress another day. Or Woman up and take that next step towards coming out.....

I am confronted with this tonight and just wanted to share how I am feeling.

♥♥♥
    Noemi
    polythene pam

I completely understand how you feel. If I may offer this tidbit: When people ask me why I shaved my (fill in the blank), I tell them because my body hair gets frizzy and tangles when it gets hot and humid, and it's more comfortable to shave it than to trim. For me, this is true, but it could work for anybody. And if fibbing doesn't do anything for you, remember that some of the manliest men on the planet are shaven. Pro wrestlers not only shave, but wear mankinis for the whole world to see. As do bodybuilders. Swimmers.

But that's not really important. What's important is that if it's more comfortable to you, then go to town. Who cares what anyone else thinks? It's your body and you should not have to be afraid to do whatever you want to it.

Hugs,
    Sophie

I know how you feel, except for me in the south it is summer from March to December.

Thank you for your compassion, you all(cd'er.com) have been a great help to me. It is all in my head. If I think it through perhaps I can summon up the courage to be myself, sometimes I go to the store to buy make up and clothes. Those times I am at my strongest, and nothing really happens people do not care that much, except for my heart rate going up a few beats.

But my instincts also tell me to blend in as a man. I do not want to deal with being a cder tger or whatever so I want to just put the were closed sign up in the window for a while.....BUT all that does is get me into trouble with depression, it seems the further I run from Noemi the crazier I become.
    polythene pam

Noemi, I certainly feel your pain, but before you go too far check out the world around you. Lots of males are out there with minimal or no leg hair for a variety of reasons, and believe me nobody is questioning their motives.

With toes, I can't help you. I just keep my shoes on.

Hugs, Eryn
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Noemi View Post
    Thank you for your compassion, you all(cd'er.com) have been a great help to me. It is all in my head. If I think it through perhaps I can summon up the courage to be myself, sometimes I go to the store to buy make up and clothes. Those times I am at my strongest, and nothing really happens people do not care that much, except for my heart rate going up a few beats.

But my instincts also tell me to blend in as a man. I do not want to deal with being a cder tger or whatever so I want to just put the were closed sign up in the window for a while.....BUT all that does is get me into trouble with depression, it seems the further I run from Noemi the crazier I become.
    well, we can't tell you what's best for you but whatever you decide to do, you know you have our support.

So I shave my legs and keep my toes painted. Neighbor asked about the legs and I told him that I preferred it that way. No more questions asked. Last night I saw a friend at the grocery store and she commented on my toes, "only women have painted toes." I asked her how she knew I wasn't a woman... :-)

On the flip side, we took a family trip out to the ocean over the weekend. Being clean shaven really made putting sunscreen on a lot easier. And the feel of the surf on clean legs was wonderful!

Having said all that, I have been where you are and know that it is a difficult place. ::

Hi Noemi,

I used to feel the way you do -- shaved my legs only in the winter, (but rarely did my toenails). Now I'm shaved all of the time, wear shorts a lot and actually feel uncomfortable when my legs aren't smooth. ... and so far have never gotten flack from anyone. If you'll notice, there are men who don't have hairy legs -- either because they shave, or the hair is very light. So if you'll feel better doing it, go for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Noemi,

I have found that having my legs shaven, no one as said anything. No one pays that much attention. I think we worry because WE know, our legs are shaved. Was at Lake Michigan sitting on a bench with the wife en drab to watch the sun go down and only one little girl noticed the bright red on my toes. Many Many people walked in front of us, and no one else noticed. If in doubt about when and where, just wear shoes and no toes will show!!! Have my come back ready if someone does say something about my toes, Looks better than than yellow fungus don't it? LOL

BobbieB

Trouble.. Yep thats me Beth Mays's Avatar
    we are in Desten/FWB FL. now.. I am shaved and have on clear polish fingers and toes.. and with me in Speedos on the beach..... No one really notices the shaved or the toes.
    We have gone out to dinner every night with me in shorts, flip-flops... not one time has anyone give a 2nd look and you can bet my wife would notice!
    Maximus Decimus Meridius (Gladiator):
    What we do in this life, echoes in eternity..

You can fine me here on Facebook!

That closet can seem pretty cramped when you miss out on a lot of the good stuff Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megan_Renee View Post
    "only women have painted toes." I asked her how she knew I wasn't a woman... :-)

::
    LOL I had something similar happen, bra's and a dressing room,

Me: I would like to try these on please

SA: why do you need bra's?

Me: Excuse me, why do YOU need a bra?

SA: I have boobs

Me: HELLO, pointing to my boobs

SA: only women have boobs

Me: How do you know I'm not a woman?

SA: OMG I'm so sorry........

Noemi, you do need to be comfortable with what you do but we support you. Remember the line in our brain which Jess wrote about. If we were not CDers, we would not think twice about shaving whatever parts, but because we have this more or less secrete, we think everyone is thinking what we are thinking they are thinking about....you get the picture. Cindi, your story is a hoot!

Platinum Member
    Honestly, I doubt anyone will notice your shaved legs...and if they did, so what. As for painting your toes, its easy to remove, so why worry.

I go though the same thing in the summers but the last couple of years i have shaved my chest and stomach and 2 peole have noticed .I told them it was genetics they seemed happy enough with that answer .So i do feel for ya because i would also like to shave all year round(my legs) but 1 step at a time
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Heck, I do the opposite with shaving my legs, etc. I don't shave in the winter much but I shave every week or more often during the summer. Which reminds me of a time I forgot my toenails were painted - a bright red too! Went to the Doctor for a physical exam and he does look at every part of my body, including the toes. When he saw my nails he looked at me sort of quizzically - I shrugged and said my girlfriend and I got bored at the beach. Of course he could also easily see my bikini lines too - he didn't ask any more questions.

Shaving [whatever] is a personal choice and really says little about you and your desires IMO. Colored nails do raise more questions, but to each their own.

I don't worry about it , hair doesn't grow on my legs. I have to just shave 3 hairs off once a month.

When the weather gets warm, that is the time to ensure that body hair is removed and that you have a good pedicure with brightly painted toenails. You will feel much more comfortable with no leg hair.

Hello Ladies,

The weather is heating up here in the tri state area. This is the time of year I stop removing my body hair and painting my toes, you know, so when I wear shorts or go bare foot in the heat of summer I will not feel uncomfortable.

Life in the closet, it is hurting me tonight. Sorry to complain. I have been here on this forum for a little bit and read lots and lots, and I should just suck it up and live to dress another day. Or Woman up and take that next step towards coming out.....

I am confronted with this tonight and just wanted to share how I am feeling.

♥♥♥
    Noemi
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

If you experience depression, then it is not worth it to run.

You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I shave my legs always. But I have taken off the toe paint, hmmm why? Insecurity I guess

I feel your pain Noemi. I too am sporting hairy legs and drab toes for summer because that was what I agreed to with my SO. She originally wanted my chest hair back too, but that made me really, really depressed so she has allowed me to keep my chest clean. I can't wait for fall though!

Hugs,
    April

Aspiring Member
    Fall, winter, spring and summer I continue to shave my legs and have done so for the past 15 years and yes, in the DFW area, shorts can be worn year round. My toes are painted pretty much year round as well and when I have the need to go without socks and something somewhat summery as a male, I wear Crocs. The is not an endorsement, well, yes it is, because they have a strap across the back to secure them to my foot, the forfoot has holes to let my puppies breath and across the toe area it is solid so no one can see the color of my polish. By the way, I have several, embarrassing so, pairs of different colored sandals that I coordinate with my outfit. A girl can't stay in hiding all the time!

My mother knows I shave, but she doesnt know the rest yet. Out here in AZ it gets hot. I wear shorts most of the year, and shave all year. Nobody has noticed or cares out here. I also know a lot of macho guys here that shave their bodies in the summer so they look good in trunks and a tan. I know a couple who get brazilian wax, and they dont dress at all, they just want to look good in their animal print speedos. Personally I find body hair disgusting on anybody, but then again I am a bit wierd.
    "Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There's no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you. You can use your keys to open the door...or lock it tight." - Urahara Kisuke

Hi Noemi,

That is so sad. I understand why you don't shave your legs and paint your toes in the summer, but for me, summer is the time to show a little more skin. I love to wear nail polish in the pastels of summer to match a top or a sun dress and I just love to wear espadrilles. They are so comfy and I love the look. Maybe you could just wear slacks and loafers until you can dress up in a more secluded or private setting.

Any way, I just wanted you to know that I completely understand how you are feeling.

Hugs,

Janet

I don't understand why we give our wives control over our leg hair. It is our body and many men shave and don't have hair - just look at body builders - they all shave their bodies. Why do we feel that we need to ask permission? Do our wives ask for our permission when they change aspects of their appearance? (rhetorical question).

Quote Originally Posted by april_lynn View Post
    I feel your pain Noemi. I too am sporting hairy legs and drab toes for summer because that was what I agreed to with my SO. She originally wanted my chest hair back too, but that made me really, really depressed so she has allowed me to keep my chest clean. I can't wait for fall though!

Hugs,
    April