Thread: The Letter

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Letter

Recently I have been suspicious that my eldest daughter may have an idea that not all the women’s clothes in the wardrobe are her mothers

This has come about because of recent questions about transgendred people etc., that she keeps bringing up.

Now this could be all innocent or maybe she has a friend who might be TG?
    Anyway I got to thinking that maybe sooner or later she will find out about my female side.

I personally have no problem with this, and knowing my daughter I think she would pretty cool about it!

However I have decided to write a pre-emptive letter, explaining this side of my personality, should the need arise.

I have done this, because I feel any initial disclosure may be distorted by emotions. I want her to clearly understand what I am (or not), so she gets the full picture.

Writing the letter has given me the opportunity to really think it through and give her the best information I can. I would hope that any initial concerns will be dispelled very quickly.

But as we all know, things very rarely go to plan. She might just say 'Dad, I've know about it for a long time and that's OK!'

Does anyone else have a pre-prepared script, should the need arise?
    Last edited by SallyS; 06-14-2012 at 05:31 AM.