Thread: should i dress for the psychologist

should i dress for the psychologist

Hi ladies

today is the day im going to see the psychologist, i really dont know if i should dress fem or not. Im really nervous , and i dont know whether i want to follow the trans route , but i do want to relieve my anxiety.

What do you think ladies

Crissy

Whatever makes you feel comfortable

If it makes you too nervous don't, if you are ok with it go ahead. I am sure he has seen straneger things in his work than one of us girls.

Since the whole idea is to make you feel safe and comfortable, do whatever makes you feel that way.

Hope it all goes well

Susan

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissy
    Hi ladies

today is the day im going to see the psychologist, i really dont know if i should dress fem or not. Im really nervous , and i dont know whether i want to follow the trans route , but i do want to relieve my anxiety.

What do you think ladies

Crissy

most defenily not do not dress for the frist visit as you said ..."i dont know whether i want to follow the trans route , but i do want to relieve my anxiety." if you go dressed your psychologist
    just might not helpe you with all your issues but rather work on your dressing
    i would go with a open mind and work on what ever issues you might have i would bring up your cding...as everything in your life plays a part in how you
    feel and the levele of anxite you have .....be open and honest but un less the cding is the root cause to focus on it ... would not do you any good ...

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Crissy
    Hi ladies

What do you think ladies

Crissy
    I agree with Wendy here. If you are not sure at all about your future outlook then you should go in the male role. I have an appointment with a psychiatrist in a little over two weeks at the suggestion of my doctor. As I want to transition to being a female I will most definitely dress as a female that day. However I will not be going overboard but will dress quite conservatively.

I may even be too late in sending this reply to you if your appointment is today. Good luck for the future whatever it brings.
    Alina
    xx

For my first 5 appointements with the therapist I wore either my everyday male stuff (to show her the everyday male role (yuck), or wore a skirt or somethign to show the girl inside of me (liek a skirt and a matching drab shirt. Next Monday I am going as my real self, Mandy, i.e. I am wearing a wig and makeup and what would be normal everyday female attire (jeans, a sweater and this cute little young ladies fun shirt... I am not listening ). I am going for passing, i.e. no heavy makeup, no lipstick, but normal me...

BTW she has already seen pictures of me as a girl, no shock.

And no I would not go in femme the first day if you are a CD. For TS unless you are full time I would not either, just my opinion though.

Mandy
    [SIZE="4"]My life in a Quote[/SIZE]
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Everything’s soft and smooth."
    [SIZE="1"]—Anakin to Padmé - Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones[/SIZE]

Occupying my own end of the gender spectra...

Wendy and the others are definitely right here. If you dress for your first visit, the only thing you're going to be stating to the psychologist by doing so is that you're trying to prove just how femme you are. Believe me, the psychologist has seen it all before. You don't need to prove anything. Just go there, be yourself, and it will all come out in time, providing you get comfortable and allow yourself to be open. You may then get an opportunity to dress further down the road. But don't jump the gun.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Aspiring Member
    Hello crissy Hmmm advice, well I'm not sure I can give advice about anything really ...............well you see I'm usually wrong

I haven't read the other replies you see and I can't tell you how to go dressed because you're the only one who really knows
    Go dressed which ever way you feel comfortable, it's you're life, it's you're choice.

Oh I just noticed it was today , you've probably been already.

Let us know how it went ...................love mand xxx

rebecca_abigail29
    How did it go, Crissy?